Jump to content
Trichromatic

Grievances thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I have an issue with Velu being a dhoni fan... any help plz thanks

Do you want Velu become Anti Dhoni  fan ? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I will start with @Vilander @velu @Laaloo

 

i dont have any issue with laaloo or vilander ..

but laaloo and vilander need to sort the things between them :p:

 

i myself used bambis , doklas etc , so i dont have any issues with lungi or sambar ..

but if you guys are going to ban these words , then i will police it :police: 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

C'mon Trichro! you are taking the fun out of CSK vs anti CSK fans banter.

I am not taking anything away. We get lot of PMs everyday. This thread will be central hub of all issues and will help us as well.

 

Open to any idea that will help in removing confusions, misunderstanding and help this place better one.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, velu said:

 

i dont have any issue with laaloo or vilander ..

but laaloo and vilander need to sort the things between them :p:

 

i myself used bambis , doklas etc , so i dont have any issues with lungi or sambar ..

but if you guys are going to ban these words , then i will police it :police: 

These are not abuses in the first place so no need to police/censor them.

Now calling people cancer, that's not on :nono:

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

These are not abuses in the first place so no need to police/censor them.

Now calling people cancer, that's not on :nono:

Calling people cancer is not funny. Similarly using rape word loosely also doesn't seem to be ok.

Share this post


Link to post

this is a good initiative. full marks to administrator for trying. banter and trolling to have fun is fun and expected in a sport fan site. typecasting in the garb of joking and making any group or sect. of people be seen differenty is bigotry and prejudiced.  individuals who have hatred for any particular group or sect of people should not be allowed to use icf as a forum to spread their hatred. I really dislike typecasting but do that often to call out and get back at bigoted commentary in the process I do cause distress to certain good posters as well of which I am acutely aware and apologetic. above all rules should be same for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post

I think this forum has become Dhoni vs Anti Dhoni forum where both set of fans take it to extreme level where they try hard to prove themselves right there should be a balance and also the way it turns into Sachin vs Msd is irritating.Plus I think the thread which was locked by asterix where it ended up being about Nortn or South or Bengalis or Biharis was disappointing.Have been posting here since 2011 but quite honestly I feel the quality of this forum has gone down everyday as I said it ends ip being Dhoni or Csk or Mi thing.There should be banters for fun but it should not get ugly or extreme.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

this is a good initiative. full marks to administrator for trying. banter and trolling to have fun is fun and expected in a sport fan site. typecasting in the garb of joking and making any group or sect. of people be seen differenty is bigotry and prejudiced.  individuals who have hatred for any particular group or sect of people should not be allowed to use icf as a forum to spread their hatred. I really dislike typecasting but do that often to call out and get back at bigoted commentary in the process I do cause distress to certain good posters as well of which I am acutely aware and apologetic. above all rules should be same for everyone.

One purpose is to openly mention members' names and mention specific issue.

 

Who said what? What is it you didn't like, please mention and we will see where anything is going downhill.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

 

13 minutes ago, velu said:

 

i dont have any issue with laaloo or vilander ..

but laaloo and vilander need to sort the things between them :p:

 

i myself used bambis , doklas etc , so i dont have any issues with lungi or sambar ..

but if you guys are going to ban these words , then i will police it :police: 

These are not abuses in the first place so no need to police/censor them.

 

calling some one or some group with a derogatory reference based on their perceived atire or food is very prejudiced. lungi sambar or rasam slurper etc are slurs. on the other hand a nick name is not a slur. chuski is for instance is pretty brilliant humor. it means nothing. it matters less if someone feels anything by it. proper adults will not be bothered by an online forum no matter what. adolescents and kids could get impacted.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

calling some one or some group with a derogatory reference based on their perceived atire or food is very prejudiced. lungi sambar or rasam slurper etc are slurs. on the other hand a nick name is not a slur. chuski is for instance is pretty brilliant humor. it means nothing. it matters less if someone feels anything by it. proper adults will not be bothered by an online forum no matter what. adolescents and kids could get impacted.

Problem happens when one member finds it offensive while everyone / most are fine with it.

Example. Not many find lungi or sambhar that offensive specially in ipl forum when it is about regional rivalry.

I don't get how sambhar is offensive while dhokla or biryani is not . How are mods supposed to respond to that?

What about called bambis vada pav?

Can we get so sensitive about every little thing on a public forum.

 

There are some  basics of political correctness and right behavior. Certain words are racist , communal , castiest offensive . That can be easily policed. But when the words are normal words that can be seen as offensive to some while not offensive to others...then it is too much grey stuff.

 

How does one censure the use of sambhar slurper and not dhokla muncher?

Do we ban food references?

Do we give more leeway to certain group of people because they are not touchy while the same references for another group become touchy subject.

 

It is not so easy to moderate a forum with diverse people with various degree of touchyness . 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I agree using words like lungi to denigrate someone is not fair. 

Most of the times everyone is respectful on this forum. Please feel free to warn people when they cross any line of decency. If I make a mistake I want to be the first one to apologize.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

calling some one or some group with a derogatory reference based on their perceived atire or food is very prejudiced. lungi sambar or rasam slurper etc are slurs. on the other hand a nick name is not a slur. chuski is for instance is pretty brilliant humor. it means nothing. it matters less if someone feels anything by it. proper adults will not be bothered by an online forum no matter what. adolescents and kids could get impacted.

But chusakar is not - used by laaloo @Trichromatic

Share this post


Link to post

I think anything that is construed as a personal insult should not be allowed. I also know lot of people get personal and then claim freedom of speech. That is what is not meant by freedom of speech.

 

My thumb rule is if someone is offended by anything, I literally mean anything then take the high road and quit doing it. It is no fun when you personally hurt people. If someone finds sambar to be offensive just stop doing that. I personally find lungi offensive.

 

Moreover if someone picks Dhawan over Vijay that does not mean he/she hates south Indians. All it means is that he thinks Dhawan can deliver. No more no less.

 

This is a fun forum and let us keep it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, beetle said:

Problem happens when one member finds it offensive while everyone / most are fine with it.

Example. Not many find lungi or sambhar that offensive specially in ipl forum when it is about regional rivalry.

I don't get how sambhar is offensive while dhokla or biryani is not . How are mods supposed to respond to that?

What about called bambis vada pav?

Can we get so sensitive about every little thing on a public forum.

 

There are some  basics of political correctness and right behavior. Certain words are racist , communal , castiest offensive . That can be easily policed. But when the words are normal words that can be seen as offensive to some while not offensive to others...then it is too much grey stuff.

 

How does one censure the use of sambhar slurper and not dhokla muncher?

Do we ban food references?

Do we give more leeway to certain group of people because they are not touchy while the same references for another group become touchy subject.

 

It is not so easy to moderate a forum with diverse people with various degree of touchyness . 

 

 

 

I suppose you would be ok when some Englishman or Australian called you a curry muncher. Bunch of these same knobheads cry racism in Australia when someone calls them a curry muncher but calls his own countrymen by a food reference. Hypocrisy is thy name is India and ICF.

Best example is Shahrukh Khan making a movie about fighting stereotypes (sob sob) in "my name is Khan" and then goes on to perpetrate stereotypes like Lungi dance in "Chennai Express".

Edited by Garuda

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Garuda said:

I suppose you would be ok when some Englishman or Australian called you a curry muncher. Bunch of these same knobheads cry racism in Australia when someone calls them a curry muncher but calls his own countrymen by a food reference. Hypocrisy is thy name is India and ICF.

Best example is Shahrukh Khan making a movie about fighting stereotypes (sob sob) in "my name is Khan" and then goes on to perpetrate stereotypes like Lungi dance in "Chennai Express".

I agree Lungi dance and any lungi reference is wrong.

 

Once again if your fellow member is offended by anything, I mean anything quit doing it.

 

Edited by Khota

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Garuda said:

I suppose you would be ok when some Englishman or Australian called you a curry muncher. Bunch of these same knobheads cry racism in Australia when someone calls them a curry muncher but calls his own countrymen by a food reference. Hypocrisy is thy name is India and ICF.

Best example is Shahrukh Khan making a movie about fighting stereotypes (sob sob) in "my name is Khan" and then goes on to perpetrate stereotypes like Lungi dance in "Chennai Express".

Comprehension problem?

I am just trying to explain how it is not easy to moderate a forum with different views on issues.

 

When people take offence to sambhar but have no problems with dhokla , wada pov or biryani.

 

Why some things are sensitive while the same application for other regions is acceptable ?

If sambhar is not acceptable...do we ban the use of dhokla, biryani, vada pav etc too because not doing so would be double standard.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Vilander said:

calling some one or some group with a derogatory reference based on their perceived atire or food is very prejudiced. lungi sambar or rasam slurper etc are slurs. on the other hand a nick name is not a slur. chuski is for instance is pretty brilliant humor. it means nothing. it matters less if someone feels anything by it. proper adults will not be bothered by an online forum no matter what. adolescents and kids could get impacted.

Actually chuski means a sip in hindi. :giggle:

On topic , Finally. Great thread mods. @gambhirfan already wrote what i wanted. 

Also i am hoping people stop behaving like mind readers and draw out conspiracy theories from harmless posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kind of getting annoyed with these chamcha vs bot kind of debates which has no end , neither it contributes anything meaningful nor they are funny(atleast have fun banters) but they are endless

 

 

feels it lowers the quality of ICF

Agree with him at times may be the intention is to post a thread without any bias but people  end up accusing users here as a bhakt which is unfair.I understand that being a mod is a thankless job but if all of us can contribute to this site in a positive way that would be great.That will encourage more people to sign up would love to have more people from other countries here.Actually I feel that @rkt.india does a brilliant job here as a mod his posts are brilliant and he remains neutral rather than create a thread to troll people so that the two sets of fans can go at it or accuse people that they are fanatics @beetle is another one who is very good wish @velu stops admiring the evil man in his dp :p: that’s the only grudge i hold against him :laugh:.

Edited by gambhirfan

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Agree with him at times may be the intention is to post a thread without any bias but people  end up accusing users here as a bhakt which is unfair.I understand that being a mod is a thankless job but if all of us can contribute to this site in a positive way that would be great.That will encourage more people to sign up would love to have more people from other countries here.Actually I feel that @rkt.india does a brilliant job here as a mod his posts are brilliant and he remains neutral rather than create a thread to troll people so that the two sets of fans can go at it or accuse people that they are fanatics @beetle is another one who is very good wish @velu stops admiring the evil man in his dp :p: that’s the only grudge i hold against him :laugh:.

No one should hold grudge against Velu. @velu has a very subtle sense of humor. It is hard to read his mind at times but he is harmless. Good person.

 

I have disagreed with lot of mods but I cannot with a straight face say they are bad. I truly like them all and respect what they are doing. I will still hold my right to disagree with them vehmently.

Edited by Khota

Share this post


Link to post

The forum has become way too sensitive.

When Dhoni's poor T20 record is pointed out some members get offended.

When Dhoni's poor captaincy in Tests is pointed out some members get offended.

When Dhoni's conflict of interests him lying in the court is pointed out they get offended. 

 

IMO Mods should tell them that you can leave if you are so sensitive we can IP ban you if you are unable to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Number said:

The forum has become way too sensitive.

When Dhoni's poor T20 record is pointed out some members get offended.

When Dhoni's poor captaincy in Tests is pointed out some members get offended.

When Dhoni's conflict of interests him lying in the court is pointed out they get offended. 

 

IMO Mods should tell them that you can leave if you are so sensitive we can IP ban you if you are unable to do so.

This. Even OP is like that.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, beetle said:

Problem happens when one member finds it offensive while everyone / most are fine with it.

Example. Not many find lungi or sambhar that offensive specially in ipl forum when it is about regional rivalry.

I don't get how sambhar is offensive while dhokla or biryani is not . How are mods supposed to respond to that?

What about called bambis vada pav?

Can we get so sensitive about every little thing on a public forum.

 

There are some  basics of political correctness and right behavior. Certain words are racist , communal , castiest offensive . That can be easily policed. But when the words are normal words that can be seen as offensive to some while not offensive to others...then it is too much grey stuff.

 

How does one censure the use of sambhar slurper and not dhokla muncher?

Do we ban food references?

Do we give more leeway to certain group of people because they are not touchy while the same references for another group become touchy subject.

 

It is not so easy to moderate a forum with diverse people with various degree of touchyness . 

 

 

 

It's not easy for sure. But intent of the post has to be considered.  Calling some group dhoklas or whatever is similar to calling them rasam slurpers etc. It's the same intent. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Garuda said:

I suppose you would be ok when some Englishman or Australian called you a curry muncher. Bunch of these same knobheads cry racism in Australia when someone calls them a curry muncher but calls his own countrymen by a food reference. Hypocrisy is thy name is India and ICF.

Best example is Shahrukh Khan making a movie about fighting stereotypes (sob sob) in "my name is Khan" and then goes on to perpetrate stereotypes like Lungi dance in "Chennai Express".

Epic post man.  Actually sambhar or rasam slurper is very unoriginal slur it's directly built from curry muncher..and lungi from dot heads or bhajans. Icf is pretty unabashedly bigoted at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, gambhirfan said:

I think this forum has become Dhoni vs Anti Dhoni forum where both set of fans take it to extreme level where they try hard to prove themselves right there should be a balance and also the way it turns into Sachin vs Msd is irritating.Plus I think the thread which was locked by asterix where it ended up being about Nortn or South or Bengalis or Biharis was disappointing.Have been posting here since 2011 but quite honestly I feel the quality of this forum has gone down everyday as I said it ends ip being Dhoni or Csk or Mi thing.There should be banters for fun but it should not get ugly or extreme.

Great post first I thought it was going to be only Ipl forum but seems cricket forum is fair game too now so yeah many won't stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Number said:

The forum has become way too sensitive.

When Dhoni's poor T20 record is pointed out some members get offended.

When Dhoni's poor captaincy in Tests is pointed out some members get offended.

When Dhoni's conflict of interests him lying in the court is pointed out they get offended. 

 

IMO Mods should tell them that you can leave if you are so sensitive we can IP ban you if you are unable to do so.

You point out dhonis conflict poor record underpants etc without calling some ethnicity lungi rasam etc boss not many would care.  If you do be OK to be called as something in return that's all. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

One purpose is to openly mention members' names and mention specific issue.

 

Who said what? What is it you didn't like, please mention and we will see where anything is going downhill.

I will send you some content and context. I have screen grabs

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, beetle said:

Comprehension problem?

I am just trying to explain how it is not easy to moderate a forum with different views on issues

You tried to say that calling someone lungi or sambhar rasam slurper or vadapav etc is not prejudiced. Which is incorrect. It typecasts based on ethnicity and is attempted derogatory disrespectful words simple. But I agree moderating this must be pretty daunting so you have to go by case basis and on reporting I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Vilander said:

You point out dhonis conflict poor record underpants etc without calling some ethnicity lungi rasam etc boss not many would care.  If you do be OK to be called as something in return that's all. 

I bet you make another ID and just post these things and soon you'll soon see someone calling you bambi chamcha vada pav midget tuk tuk alia sharapova bangladesh fan etc. I don't even have problem with that but when they are replied in the same manner these guys run to mods saying this forum is hell for Dhoni fans etc.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Number said:

I bet you make another ID and just post these things and soon you'll soon see someone calling you bambi chamcha vada pav midget tuk tuk alia sharapova bangladesh fan etc. I don't even have problem with that but when they are replied in the same manner these guys run to mods saying this forum is hell for Dhoni fans etc.

i trust you, cause i have seen this happen. But you need to understand to reconcile everyone needs to self censure.  

Share this post


Link to post

I have been a very long time passive surfer of ICF. Clearly the quality has gone down very drastically. I come here to see some fun and constructive criticism of our national team. But some of posts by few posters are absolutely pathetic. I can see it has made many other good posters  like vilander and others retaliate in return with equally measure.

 

I think the mods should ban/delete all the ethnicity/food/region based posts irrespective of the person. If these pathetic posts continue, maybe in short time, ICF will be no go place for many regular posters and people like me.

 

Its my two cents!!

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Adorable Fan said:

I have been a very long time passive surfer of ICF. Clearly the quality has gone down very drastically. I come here to see some fun and constructive criticism of our national team. But some of posts by few posters are absolutely pathetic. I can see it has made many other good posters  like vilander and others retaliate in return with equally measure.

 

I think the mods should ban/delete all the ethnicity/food/region based posts irrespective of the person. If these pathetic posts continue, maybe in short time, ICF will be no go place for many regular posters and people like me.

 

Its my two cents!!

Most of the silly banter happens during ipl. That is okay.

Test matches usually improve the standard of posts and posters.

 

Share this post


Link to post

There  are some southeis who hayped  their player constantly like Gollum guy  who hyped Rahul beyond imagination (his performance against aus in home condition which is good but not splendid . you played your all game in those conditions  ) and abused so  much to virat kohli but nobody object 

Edited by VT87

Share this post


Link to post

Whenever someone reports a post, it is discussed a lot in staff group and believe me even if you might get feeling that no one notices these stuff, we have spent days discussing what should be done.

 

IPL forum has been agreed as very less or almost zero moderation forum because of the nature of the tournament and fan following. We have made several exceptions there so that it remains a light hearted forum.

 

Once international cricket starts we will be back to the normal. Moderation will be same as earlier. It will useless to provide references to what was done in IPL forum. 

Share this post


Link to post

About using terms and slangs for a certain section of fans, as beetle mentioned earlier that even though it may seem offensive to some people, where do we draw the line? I ask members for suggestions. There is no limit to the extent of getting offended. This has always been bit difficult for mods to decide. If we keep pushing the boundaries, then we will come to a situation when any comment directed towards a group of fans will have to be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, VT87 said:

There  are some southeis who hayped  their player constantly like Gollum guy  who hyped Rahul beyond imagination (his performance against aus in home condition which is good but not splendid . you played your all game in those conditions  ) and abused so  much to virat kohli but nobody object 

I am sure hyping a player is not really a problem and Kohli is hardly an abused player on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×