Trichromatic

Grievances thread

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE.

FROM ITS VERY BEGINNING ICF HAVE BEEN A PASSIVELY MODERATED FORUM.IPL FORUM HAS BEEN LARGELY MODERATION FREE.BUT SEEMS SOME PEOPLE CANT ENJOY FREEDOM AND WONT LET OTHERS ENJOY AS WELL.THE IPL HAS ENDED.

STARTING FROM THIS VERY MOMENT FOLLOWING RULES WILL BE STRICTLY APPLIED:

1.NO RACIST WORDS LIKE LUNGIS OR GHATIS ETC WILL BE ALLOWED.ANY OTHER WORD THAT STAFF THINKS IS OFFENSIVE WILL BE DELETED.

2.INDIAN PLAYERS ARE AT THE END OF THE DAY INDIANS.ANY NAME CALLING OR ABUSES WONT BE TOLERATED.

3.ANY PERSONAL ABUSES WILL RESULT IN INFARCTIONS OR BANS.

4.IF ANYONE FINDS ANY POST OFFENSIVE REPORT IT. DO NOT RESPOND BUT REPORT.

5. IF ANY MOD IS INVOLVED IN BREAKING RULES, REPORT THE POST AND IF THE RESOLUTION ISNT SATISFACTORY PM[mention=14523]TRICHROMATIC[/mention][mention=18424][/mention][mention=15401]G_B_[/mention] @JALEBI_BHAI

6. IF ANYONE STILL HAS ISSUES PM @MALCOLM MERLYN

7. IF ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF THINKS HE IS ABOVE THESE RULES, THINK AGAIN.

8.STARTING NOW THERE WILL BE STRICT MODERATION ON ICF. EVERYONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:fearful:

1 minute ago, maniac said:

:fear1:.......now I have to figure out a way to ease in to this new regime keeping the same "essence" of course.

jokes are going to be far more challenging for sure. No formula jokes, it has to be very case dependent and built like a movie not a standup. No shortcuts to being funny basically.

Just now, Vilander said:

jokes are going to be far more challenging for sure. No formula jokes, it has to be very case dependent and built like a movie not a standup. No shortcuts to being funny basically.

I rather quit than being fired  then :)

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Can we get 3 strikes for each year on ICF, before being banned for violating the rules :pray:

I can stay neutral during Afg series as there is no Dhoni or Rohit :p:

But need all the immunity we can during Ind-Eng :)

You are not suffering from a disease

1 minute ago, MechEng said:

This is more intense than hypothetically watching Holding bowling bouncers to Suresh Raina on WACA.

Slightly less sh*t flying about than would be at the WACA though 

On a serious note I believe we all must relax and not get involved in personal insults simply because it does not lead to anything productive. I'm pretty sure neither Tendulkar nor Dhoni even know whether a site called ICF exists, let alone us fans getting too riled up to defend them.

I hope there is no atmosphere for political correctness here, everyone must feel free to criticize any cricketer but in a sober manner. It's not what you say that matters but the way you say it!

Edited by MechEng

7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE.

FROM ITS VERY BEGINNING ICF HAVE BEEN A PASSIVELY MODERATED FORUM.IPL FORUM HAS BEEN LARGELY MODERATION FREE.BUT SEEMS SOME PEOPLE CANT ENJOY FREEDOM AND WONT LET OTHERS ENJOY AS WELL.THE IPL HAS ENDED.

STARTING FROM THIS VERY MOMENT FOLLOWING RULES WILL BE STRICTLY APPLIED:

1.NO RACIST WORDS LIKE LUNGIS OR GHATIS ETC WILL BE ALLOWED.ANY OTHER WORD THAT STAFF THINKS IS OFFENSIVE WILL BE DELETED.

2.INDIAN PLAYERS ARE AT THE END OF THE DAY INDIANS.ANY NAME CALLING OR ABUSES WONT BE TOLERATED.

3.ANY PERSONAL ABUSES WILL RESULT IN INFARCTIONS OR BANS.

4.IF ANYONE FINDS ANY POST OFFENSIVE REPORT IT. DO NOT RESPOND BUT REPORT or POST IN THIS THREAD.

5. IF ANY MOD IS INVOLVED IN BREAKING RULES, REPORT THE POST AND IF THE RESOLUTION ISNT SATISFACTORY PM @Trichromatic @Cricketics @G_B_ @jalebi_bhai

6. IF ANYONE STILL HAS ISSUES PM @Malcolm Merlyn

7. IF ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF THINKS HE IS ABOVE THESE RULES, THINK AGAIN.

8.STARTING NOW THERE WILL BE STRICT MODERATION ON ICF. EVERYONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We will see how it goes and then discuss it here again.

21 hours ago, Garuda said:

Lol I don't have any issues with sambar, rasam slurper, etc. I'm pointing to those desi people in the West who complain that curry muncher is a racist term.

These are two different things.  A desi guy calling you or me a curry muncher is not racist because we are same race. A white doing the same is.

15 hours ago, Vilander said:

what are you talking about beetle, i quoted several posts about which are nothing but trolling posts, how do you expect people to settle disagreements otherwise.  Why should i not care about an other poster, is that not the idea of the thread, open communication. lol

Why do you think it's trolling .  Why you are getting so sensitive man, and if everyone thing anything offensive there and not per the decorum of this forum i can surely retreat. Besides, have you used the poster comments whom i responded he was referring someone as Moron/Looser bla bla  didn't you find those offensive. Dude, let the poster decide and report whether that was offensive to him or not stop parenting people. Thank you.

16 hours ago, Shunya said:

Was pleased to see the thread title and read through the first page with some good comments by everyone

And after that the reality set in...same gutter level posts right in from of mods and admins...and then you expect anything to change...lol

First one to start the abuse should be banned- simple. If you expect anyone to not respond to morons here, then its too much to ask. Clean up the acts of the first person to abuse/hate/namecalling, etc and you will see an end to it all. If you allow someone to post whatever trash they want in the guise of trolling and being funny(because their gang finds it funny) then you will continue to get similar response and people responding should not be blamed for it.

Besides that..IMO, this place has turned into Anti-Dhoni forum. So anyone praising Dhoni will be abused and attacked in every thread. That has been the trend and its been approved by mods/admins because they themselves want to do that. All the excuses that sachin was criticized, ganguly was criticized and blah blah is just hypocritical. Why should anyone agree to dhoni hate or virat hate just because it was done in past. Whats the point of turning this into some sort of revenge issue. Maybe those mods/admins should retire if they cannot be unbiased.

What is your stance on continuously calling sachcin selfish/midget/mini me blah blah. Do you think it's Anti Sachin forum as well?

24 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Have a suggestion. Pin only matches played by India. Other countries matches may be put unpinned in the general section.

The thread will go into 2-3 page too soon.

There are many posters who do not open threads but like to follow or post. 

It probably can do with shorter pin time.

5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What is your stance on continuously calling sachcin selfish/midget/mini me blah blah. Do you think it's Anti Sachin forum as well?

You typed an extra c for Sachin. Don't let anger overcome you :phehe:. I was told by a mod that insulting forum posters will carry more penalty than insulting players. Some here were saying calling morons was offensive. What about phateechar, ghonchu. Im not even going to the disgusting tripe like fart smelling you guys have posted. Nothing like fart smelling to improve the class on this forum eh.

Do you consider calling someone selfish is a troll :biggrin:. I was under the impression that Dhoni fans are more sensitive. Apparently not. Sachin fans are as sensitive as the amount of runs he has scored. Midget/mine me is trolling a player effectively in the IPL season. Fart smelling, calling someone a phateechar and ghonchu is getting triggered by the trolling and posting abusive comments :rotfl:. Again you and your friends have revealed your mentality.

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Have a suggestion. Pin only matches played by India. Other countries matches may be put unpinned in the general section.

Chit chat is for non-cricket related topics. International games and tournaments will be given threads in cricket talk. 

About using terms and slangs for a certain section of fans, as beetle mentioned earlier that even though it may seem offensive to some people, where do we draw the line? I ask members for suggestions. There is no limit to the extent of getting offended. This has always been bit difficult for mods to decide. If we keep pushing the boundaries, then we will come to a situation when any comment directed towards a group of fans will have to be removed.

Certain posters use the word ‘terrorists’ when discussing Pak team or abuse religion. Sad thing is you guys let it be. It’s like it is okay to abuse us but when you give it back..they get their knickers in a twist.

I can tell you now that on the outside, ICF has a bad rep.

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

We will see how it goes and then discuss it here again.

This won't last for long, you will lose posters if you start moral policing over here, I'll be back when freedom of expression is back on this forum

15 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Chit chat is for non-cricket related topics. International games and tournaments will be given threads in cricket talk. 

I wasn't talking about chit chat. Im talking about cricket talk but unpinned.

This won't last for long, you will lose posters if you start moral policing over here, I'll be back when freedom of expression is back on this forum

Doubt anyone will miss your presence.

:giggle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

My stance is lets not abuse any of our players, criticising is okay but constant trashy posts against players are just too much. As MM posted in his rules, afterall everyone is Indian and we end up abusing them and the sport we all love. I still believe if you talk nicely, you will get nice response from everyone. If you post decent stuff, there are plenty of posters who will post good responses. If your intention/agenda is to bash a player continuosly in every thread, then its pointless to expect anything good in return. The standard you set is the standard you get. IMO, people continue to post abuses in the name of players and then it is turned into namecalling of the fans and abuses directed at the posters. And obviously other side will respond in the same language and it will ruin everyone's experience. The people who start it, who has agenda, intention of riling up, etc are the culprits. I think now that rules are set, hope people post decently or else forum is going to end up having trash in every thread. 

Edited by Shunya

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

God, things got serious on this thread and they have revised the rules, fair enough I will respect it, but by looking up things here I remembered one famous song 

"Give Me Some Sunshine, Give Me Some Rain

Give Me Another Chance I Wanna Grow Up Once Again"

lets all hope these haterz will grow up :phehe:

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

Can you please raise funds to treat@Khota depression & obsession with Pak. I’ll be the first to contribute. Cheers.

Tell me exactly who is obsessed? Calling hypocrites like you out is a public service. I am a public servant. Instaed of attackin me personally kindly respond to my posts. 

I understand why you are upset and that is because of the loss. Since you lose all the time I thought you would be used to it.

I will ask my good friend @Lala2790 to show you good time. He will take you for a nice car ride with ice cream. Maybe show you a movie and let you visit is harem.

36 minutes ago, speedheat said:

God, things got serious on this thread and they have revised the rules, fair enough I will respect it, but by looking up things here I remembered one famous song 

"Give Me Some Sunshine, Give Me Some Rain

Give Me Another Chance I Wanna Grow Up Once Again"

Trolling is fun, but excess of anything is ugly.

2 hours ago, Garuda said:

You typed an extra c for Sachin. Don't let anger overcome you :phehe:. I was told by a mod that insulting forum posters will carry more penalty than insulting players. Some here were saying calling morons was offensive. What about phateechar, ghonchu. Im not even going to the disgusting tripe like fart smelling you guys have posted. Nothing like fart smelling to improve the class on this forum eh.

Do you consider calling someone selfish is a troll :biggrin:. I was under the impression that Dhoni fans are more sensitive. Apparently not. Sachin fans are as sensitive as the amount of runs he has scored. Midget/mine me is trolling a player effectively in the IPL season. Fart smelling, calling someone a phateechar and ghonchu is getting triggered by the trolling and posting abusive comments :rotfl:. Again you and your friends have revealed your mentality.

What do you mean by you guys everyone is individual here. Also , are you this naive or you are acting like one, how you decide what is offensive or  not similarly i can't decide what is insulting  to you. It seems as per you calling someone midget and selfish is not offensive. Try calling someone midget on their face and see they garland you or accolade. As i said i don't give a damn what someone saying online and i don't have any complain what you or other say about sachin or me or anyone else. I was just trying to expose hypocrisies of yours and Shunya where you guys are preaching where as you are still doing name calling, not that i have a problem just be man enough to take it back.:ridinghorse: 

59 minutes ago, Shunya said:

My stance is lets not abuse any of our players, criticising is okay but constant trashy posts against players are just too much. As MM posted in his rules, afterall everyone is Indian and we end up abusing them and the sport we all love. I still believe if you talk nicely, you will get nice response from everyone. If you post decent stuff, there are plenty of posters who will post good responses. If your intention/agenda is to bash a player continuosly in every thread, then its pointless to expect anything good in return. The standard you set is the standard you get. IMO, people continue to post abuses in the name of players and then it is turned into namecalling of the fans and abuses directed at the posters. And obviously other side will respond in the same language and it will ruin everyone's experience. The people who start it, who has agenda, intention of riling up, etc are the culprits. I think now that rules are set, hope people post decently or else forum is going to end up having trash in every thread. 

Agree with you to some extent but How do you decide what is trashy and what isn't? May be Dhoni is god for you and not for me i find him overstaying, how do we ensure Dhoni or Daddu is offensive where as calling Amit Mishra pedewala  Sachin as selfish/midget/minime or kohli as moron , chu*** in some cases.  I hardly see anyone  call Indian coach Shastri rather we prefer bewda and i don't see anyone objecting in these cases. Where as if somone call Dhoni anything people take it personally and start abusing. Why do dhoni fan take player name calling  as personal insult tht's the problem, you can't expect people who don't want Dhoni any longer respond as per your wishes cause you are a die hard fan. In my opinion as long as i am not personally abusing you ( which we both might did in the past) or a player family it shouldn't be a matter of concern to anyone. I would only request that people should not get attached to a players, that they can't take a humorous name or fun intended banter against them.