Trichromatic

Grievances thread

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

Moderators are people too.:p:

This. I don't agree with concept of moderators/admins required to be some kind of neutral, nicey-nice members of ICF. They are like regular members and not special. In the end staff group of ICF is just bunch of members spending extra time maintaining it and not different from regular members.

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

Yea sure. And yes there are options where people share cricket videos, articles about Indian players including Dhoni. So its awesome.

But why do you want me to leave this site? Are you saying Dhoni fans are not allowed here or something?

Why would I want anyone to leave the site? You yourself asked a fellow poster that you wanted to leave the site and see if there was a "pro" dhoni site :dontknow:

I was just trying to get an update!!!

Anyway theres no moderation on ICF. People do name calling and personal attacks, and the moderators keep sleeping. Heck, there are a few moderators who keep on trolling themselves and think whatever they say are golden words. 

ICF has come down to a level where I am beginning to not participate in any discussions. Never thought I would say this, but I have begun feeling PP is way better than ICF. We have trigger happy members here, who go on trolling and putting others down, while getting no notice from moderators. 

This has to be one of the last posts from me over here.

17 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Arey bhai, people have issues with his posts only because he is a moderator.

Forget for a moment that he is a mod, and try to recall if there any post by him which anyone can report. If there is, then only we should be complaining.

Otherwise I don't see any reason why a moderator shouldn't be polarized like other members.

Yea, no problem with his opinions. He might not be writing the questionable post himself, but have been supporting and endorsing lot of posts which directly breaks the guidelines. I thought that is why most accuse him of being biased mod because he supports them instead of taking action against them. But he seems to enjoy trash posting a lot of times just to score brownie points. 

But anyways, its your call, whatever you feel right. Zyada rant nahi karna ab. I have no problems with his opinions/views, meri kya personally dushmani hai usse and neither I am Kira who wants to show all bravado and courage on internet forums. lol

9 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Anyway theres no moderation on ICF. People do name calling and personal attacks, and the moderators keep sleeping. Heck, there are a few moderators who keep on trolling themselves and think whatever they say are golden words. 

ICF has come down to a level where I am beginning to not participate in any discussions. Never thought I would say this, but I have begun feeling PP is way better than ICF. We have trigger happy members here, who go on trolling and putting others down, while getting no notice from moderators. 

C'mon man....don't get so emotional.

Good posters should stay during the test series.

2 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Yea, no problem with his opinions. He might not be writing the questionable post himself, but have been supporting and endorsing lot of posts which directly breaks the guidelines. I thought that is why most accuse him of being biased mod because he supports them instead of taking action against them. But he seems to enjoy trash posting a lot of times just to score brownie points. 

But anyways, its your call, whatever you feel right. Zyada rant nahi karna ab. I have no problems with his opinions/views, meri kya personally dushmani hai usse and neither I am Kira who wants to show all bravado and courage on internet forums. lol

He may seem like biased mod, but actions as mod aren't biased. Not at least since I have started noticing. Moreover he has helped group overall. One thing I have realized on ICF that people find easy to complain, but whenever I reach to other members to help us in staff group, people won't be willing to spend time. So, we can't be choosers either.

25 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Why would I want anyone to leave the site? You yourself asked a fellow poster that you wanted to leave the site and see if there was a "pro" dhoni site :dontknow:

I was just trying to get an update!!!

I was admitting that this is turning into anti-dhoni site, so no point in sharing anything good about dhoni here. For eg Dhoni videos which sscomp used to share. I used to enjoy that and wanted to know where is he nowadays and where can I find more of such awesome Dhoni cricket videos. Because thanks to you and your gang, I am not going to find it here and honestly its pointless to share anything good about Dhoni here even if you have something. Because either you will be attacked, trollvoted, banned, or you will fall in line and start bashing Dhoni to be diplomatically correct. 

Yahi hai update!!! 

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

I was admitting that this is turning into anti-dhoni site, so no point in sharing anything good about dhoni here. For eg Dhoni videos which sscomp used to share. I used to enjoy that and wanted to know where is he nowadays and where can I find more of such awesome Dhoni cricket videos. Because thanks to you and your gang, I am not going to find it here and honestly its pointless to share anything good about Dhoni here even if you have something. Because either you will be attacked, trollvoted, banned, or you will fall in line and start bashing Dhoni to be diplomatically correct. 

Yahi hai update!!! 

Whatever

34 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Yea sure. And yes there are options where people share cricket videos, articles about Indian players including Dhoni. So its awesome.

But why do you want me to leave this site? Are you saying Dhoni fans are not allowed here or something?

That's his plan so him and his midget gang can have free ride at everything. He ll be there to protect them with his mod power. Why do you think he doesn't step down and comes with crap like "Ohh if admins bla bla blah" he knows his aukat without it. Many people ll call him out if he wasn't a mod. 

14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

He may seem like biased mod, but actions as mod aren't biased. Not at least since I have started noticing. Moreover he has helped group overall. One thing I have realized on ICF that people find easy to complain, but whenever I reach to other members to help us in staff group, people won't be willing to spend time. So, we can't be choosers either.

I agree with what you are saying most of it. Good on him and you all to support this site since years. I have been around since many years now, mostly dormant, and it is indeed great to have a site like this. But I am not sure why are you mentioning being helpless in finding moderators? I thought there are lot of people active here who would like it. Like Virat's chop and change, you can chop and change moderators from active people. No? I am genuinely confused as to why would you have problems finding new mods on this site. Its so active all the time.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

PP is full time professional site. People make living from that site. They have a group of active moderators.

We are just a fan forum where everyone tries to find time out of their schedule. No one gets a penny for cleaning up posts for 2 hours.

Someone like @Malcolm Merlyn works from 11 AM - 2 AM and then visits ICF after to do clean up. I get notification from him early morning.

Most of the staff members are full time working people. We don't have college guys in the group who could potentially find more time to remain active on site and check everything.

That's why even when moderators take an action, it's already been seen by most of the members giving an impression that no one has done anything when actually people read and remove lot of posts.

ICF has no ads and owners spends money from his pocket to run this site. Sometimes people complain about right, wrong and all that. In the end using it is a privilege and it should be responsibility of members to ensure that everyone contributes to make it better place rather than expecting that a bunch of moderators will do it.

Thanks for explaining so well. I still stand by what I said. Cheers!

11 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

That's his plan so him and his midget gang can have free ride at everything. He ll be there to protect them with his mod power. Why do you think he doesn't step down and comes with crap like "Ohh if admins bla bla blah" he knows his aukat without it. Many people ll call him out if he wasn't a mod. 

:hysterical: he is not even worth troll voting trolling is an art all he does is stalks posts Dhoni bhakts or even those who are not his die hard fans.He is not even worth giving attention to glad we have mods like @rkt.india @beetle @asterix who at least post without bias or don't get burned when something which they may not like is written here.I have never seen anyone so obsessed with Dhoni here.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

You are getting all emotional about a troll vote?

You have called me maniac every other post since I started posting here,now I am offended as you started calling some other poster as maniac  :hitler:

Anyways Keep Calm, ignore the troll vote and most importantly don't forget the dot

Baba your posts yesterday were so brilliant about our ex players that I will always remember that especially Manjrekar and Gavaskar one .(dot)

46 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

RAF bhai ignore the trolls. Need posters like you on this site. 

We are not a group of individuals leaving off dole money and living in council housings and making any profits out of ICF.

Almost all owners,Mods and Admins of ICF hold proper jobs with respectable lifestyles.

ICF has always been less moderated as thats how the founders wanted it to be.

You like another forum thats absolutely fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Yahi hai update!!! 

That's partially true but I haven left yet. The lack of dhoni videos is due to my teaching job. :)  Have a lot to upload but time nahi hai bhai.  But you are right in the fact that whenever I had to post anything, the group of hounds will start attacking dhoni. And  by anything I mean anything. They would turn a simple 2+2=4 post into "what does dhoni think about that? " It's that toxic. Anyway i would post soon when I get time from school. 

11 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

That's partially true but I haven left yet. The lack of dhoni videos is due to my teaching job. :)  Have a lot to upload but time nahi hai bhai.  But you are right in the fact that whenever I had to post anything, the group of hounds will start attacking dhoni. And  by anything I mean anything. They would turn a simple 2+2=4 post into "what does dhoni think about that? " It's that toxic. Anyway i would post soon when I get time from school. 

:two_thumbs_up:

34 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Back to the topic. The old me would have taken a sip of vodka+orange juice+tequila and said to Kohli "nautanki bandh kar saale/BSDK"

But Now I will just take a swig of my Kale+Aelo Vera+Neem Juice cocktail and say "Hari Om. Jaisi karni vaisi bharni"

Global.Baba(don't forget the dot)

Baba ,we wont ever forget the Dot ,if you cast a spell and make us win the current test series and force the bevda out of team.I know both things aren't possible but then baba in the name of Dot..have mercy,bless us

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

I agree with what you are saying most of it. Good on him and you all to support this site since years. I have been around since many years now, mostly dormant, and it is indeed great to have a site like this. But I am not sure why are you mentioning being helpless in finding moderators? I thought there are lot of people active here who would like it. Like Virat's chop and change, you can chop and change moderators from active people. No? I am genuinely confused as to why would you have problems finding new mods on this site. Its so active all the time.

There are many reasons.

1. Most of the regular posters are 25+ which means they are in busy stage of their life.

2. Moderation eats up your time. Reading a single report and complain from someone requires you to go through the thread, then if complain is about something regular, then go through recent post. If it's obvious then it's ok. Otherwise ask other mods/admins and wait for their reply. If someone needs to banned then contact all admins and decide. If you're moderating a thread where muloghonto has posted then good luck asking opinion of others. No one will read it.

3. That's just moderation. There are other works too. Twitter, banner (you see banner during each series), random site issues, minor modifications, and huge discussions for different initiatives to move further.

4. It's thankless. So mods will says admins are lenient to trolls, trolls will complain about moderation, others will blame both mods and admins. 

In the end spending 1-2 hours for this without any benefit is boring.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

We are not a group of individuals leaving off dole money and living in council housings and making any profits out of ICF.

Almost all owners,Mods and Admins of ICF hold proper jobs with respectable lifestyles.

ICF has always been less moderated as thats how the founders wanted it to be.

You like another forum thats absolutely fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good for you man! Cheers

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

PP is full time professional site. People make living from that site. They have a group of active moderators.

We are just a fan forum where everyone tries to find time out of their schedule. No one gets a penny for cleaning up posts for 2 hours.

Someone like @Malcolm Merlyn works from 11 AM - 2 AM and then visits ICF after to do clean up. I get notification from him early morning.

Most of the staff members are full time working people. We don't have college guys in the group who could potentially find more time to remain active on site and check everything.

That's why even when moderators take an action, it's already been seen by most of the members giving an impression that no one has done anything when actually people read and remove lot of posts.

ICF has no ads and owners spends money from his pocket to run this site. Sometimes people complain about right, wrong and all that. In the end using it is a privilege and it should be responsibility of members to ensure that everyone contributes to make it better place rather than expecting that a bunch of moderators will do it.

That's a great post. I don't know about others, but it's more fun to discuss our cricket within our community rather than with some outsiders. The latter mostly ends up with a lot of troll posts without any serious discussions. I learned a lot of things about Indian cricket upon joining ICF. 

You guys are doing a great job.