Sachin vs hansie cronje all 7 dismissal video

Maybe he had a real issue against this sort of lollypop slow medium bowling, have also seen him struggle against Gavin Larsen in NZ. In recent times in the 2011 MCG test he scored a sparkling 70 odd but looked most tentative against Michael Hussey late in the day...even Aussie commentators mentioned that. I reckon some of the women bowlers like Perry, Schutt, Jhulan, Brunt, Shrubsole etc would have caused more difficulties to the maestro than a few male greats of fast bowling. Glad we never found out unlike Lara fans :phehe:. Our 90s trundlers and Vinay/Unadkat/Abhimanyu Mithun would have had a blast bowling to him in the nets however :p:

That Last dismissal was heartbreaking,  India was cruising  along towards an unlikely victory when Hansie Bhai again spoiled the party for India. Kya smart jageh pe fielder khada karke accurate line pe bowl dala. Rest of the batsmen collapsed like a pack of cards after that dismissal. 

Edited by rageaddict
5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Maybe he had a real issue against this sort of lollypop slow medium bowling, have also seen him struggle against Gavin Larsen in NZ

yup he did enjoy the ball coming on the bat, among all dismisal i noticed thats what i noticed he look frustrated with the pace at which ball was coming 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yup he did enjoy the ball coming on the bat, among all dismisal i noticed thats what i noticed he look frustrated with the pace at which ball was coming 

Surprised more teams didn't try this strategy against him, clearly a rare weakness even in his peak years.

He's said to have hated facing Cronje, Nash and Razzaq in his prime. In this video, the last 2 dismissals are the ones that cost us the most - the final of the tri-series in 1997 when SRT and Dravid were going medieval on the SA bowlers and the other being the 2nd innings of the Mumbai Test in 2000 (incidentally one of SRT's great all-round Test performances where he scored 97 in a Test where no one else went past 50 and also picked up 3/10 with the ball).  

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

He's said to have hated facing Cronje, Nash and Razzaq in his prime. In this video, the last 2 dismissals are the ones that cost us the most - the final of the tri-series in 1997 when SRT and Dravid were going medieval on the SA bowlers and the other being the 2nd innings of the Mumbai Test in 2000 (incidentally one of SRT's great all-round Test performances where he scored 97 in a Test where no one else went past 50 and also picked up 3/10 with the ball).  

never understood regd razzaq, he wasnt dibbly dobbly 

strange he didnt take mcgraths name, felt mcgrath always had psychological edge on him

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

never understood regd razzaq, he wasnt dibbly dobbly 

strange he didnt take mcgraths name, felt mcgrath always had psychological edge on him

Myth. At best he had a fair bit of success against SRT during 04-06 which is when every tom dick and harry were fancying their chances against him. Until '03, it was dead even between the two. 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Myth. At best he had a fair bit of success against SRT during 04-06 which is when every tom dick and harry were fancying their chances against him. Until '03, it was dead even between the two. 

i think after 1999 WC, Wenever i saw tendulkar against mcgrath he looked nerveous

Infact in IPL to when mcgrath was retired he did trouble tendulkar . 

Mcgrath did have an edge on most batsman , the guy was the best

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

so did anderson , but none i felt had a mental edge on him like mcgrath

Among quicks apart from Mcgrath I think Anderson, Pollock, Aaqib and Donald had some extent of mental edge over Sachin even in his best years. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Among quicks apart from Mcgrath I think Anderson, Pollock, Aaqib and Donald had some extent of mental edge over Sachin even in his best years. 

I just find tendulkar a bit nervous against mcgrath

Among anderson one some of those were absolute peach

Any videos of tendulkar vs donald , javed or pollock dismisal 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i think after 1999 WC, Wenever i saw tendulkar against mcgrath he looked nerveous

Infact in IPL to when mcgrath was retired he did trouble tendulkar . 

Mcgrath did have an edge on most batsman , the guy was the best

Post the 99 WC (and until the 03 WC), they faced off in 2 Test series where they both played the waiting game against each other and were successful in their own way. In non ICC ODIs, McGrath got the better of him in AUS while SRT had the upper hand in India. In the ICC KO QF in Nairobi, SRT dominated McGrath big-time. Even in the 2003 WC group game, SRT held his own while the rest of the line-up crumbled. The failure in the WC final was down to the scoreboard pressure of chasing 360 more than anything.

It was only during the 04-06 phase when SRT actually struggled consistently against McGrath (mostly in ODIs in '06). As good as McGrath was, his so called edge over the best batsmen of his era tends to get over-rated. Both Lara and SRT were fine against him for the most part. As were guys like Anwar, Sehwag, KP and Laxman( at least in Tests anyway). IMO Donald had far more success against Lara/SRT in their prime compared to McGrath.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

not sure about pollock .. but gangu dada really fancied him , come down the track and treat him like a spinner :laugh:

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I just find tendulkar a bit nervous against mcgrath

Among anderson one some of those were absolute peach

Any videos of tendulkar vs donald , javed or pollock dismisal

Tendulkar is a great batsman but he is not god. He is only human. But what is disappointing is his refusal to acknowledge that Mcgrath had the wood over him. If he was honest, he would have said Mcgrath is the best bowler he struggled against not Cronje. The first ball in the clip is from the 99 wc where it destroyed the "sachin is god" in me. Its for the best that Sachin fans need to accept it. I doubt it though. Waiting for butthurt personal comments attacking your post :phehe:. Be brave friend :nice: