Rate Indian captains who backs the deserved youngsters [ and gives long rope ] !!!

velu

Dhoni- dhawan, rohit, kohli, jadeja, raina, hardik, ashwin ,shami, gambhir and more .....he was no less then anyone

ganguly we feel more becoz he was the one who started it 

Dravid brought many youngsters and a lot of yuvraj singh sucess credit shud go to him n chappell to coz they made him bat at 4, under ganguly he was batting at 6 . Even dhoni was made to bat all around the order which i think helped his game . What dravid is doing with u-19 is no less

So dravid n dhoni also deserves a lot of credit so does chappell who started getting in youngsters when ganguly became admant on his group 

31 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni- dhawan, rohit, kohli, jadeja, raina, hardik, ashwin ,shami, gambhir and more .....he was no less then anyone

Dravid brought many youngsters and a lot of yuvraj singh sucess credit shud go to him n chappell to coz they made him bat at 4, under ganguly he was batting at 6 . Even dhoni was made to bat all around the order which i think helped his game . What dravid is doing with u-19 is no less

So dravid n dhoni also deserves a lot of credit so does chappell who started getting in youngsters when ganguly became admant on his group 

Dhawan was no youngster when he came into the team. he was playing domestic cricket for 8 years.

30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

When did dhoni groom Gambhir, and do you think jadeja,raina ,rohit dhawan have same potential as yuvi,zaheer,harvy and dhoni himself. Also Dhoni didn't bring Raina, he came under gangualy/Dravid captaincy. Regarding kohli as far as i remember he prefer badri over Kohli for Aus tour.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

https://m.hindustantimes.com/cricket/dilip-vengsarkar-s-bouncer-was-axed-as-chief-selector-for-picking-virat-kohli-in-2008/story-e9n0hz6EGdwxAmkIkUi3LI.htmlhtml

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/news/backing-of-virat-kohli-in-2008-led-to-my-removal-as-chief-selector-dilip-vengsarkar/amp_articleshow/63213191.cms 

Read it !!!! Will dissolve your delusions!!! #Csk quota

Gambhir and raina?? :hysterical:

Edited by speedheat
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Raina and Gambhir under Dhoni? Gambhir is a peer to Dhoni, debuted under Ganguly and was a regular in the team led by Dravid by 2007. Raina debuted in 2005 and was blooded into the team under Dravid. The rest in your list were under Dhoni.

Dada and Dravid for me. They built the nucleus of the team that won the 2011 World Cup and number 1 in Tests first time around. Dhoni did a great rebuilding job in ODIs since around 2012-2013. Kohli I will judge only after 2019.  

Ganguly - has Sachin and Dravid and VVS playing for him. But he did not have talismanic bowling ammunition other than Kumble and Zak for a short period. But he did pretty well for that.

Kohli has selection issues, has personal preferences and problems with coaches ( ganguly did too with Chappel - but everyone did), Kohli does not tick some of basic hygiene factors for the role. 

Dravid - i cant remember clear what he did. 

Dhoni - Knew the slow low, flat surface - spinners restricting defensive game very well, and won in that situation pretty consistently - but failed as a batsman and captain in overseas - swing seam and even flatter bouncier conditions - despite having a talented team. 

Tendulkar - Meh.

Kumble - Pretty good, had a decent but older team bequeathed from Dravid and did very well to be honest. 

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Dada :adore::adore::adore:

Dravid :hatsoff:

<big gap>

Cool

<daylight>

Kohli

Old timers can give a better picture, for instance my Dad rates MAK Pataudi very highly in this department. 

Thank you for the mentioning this. Would like the more experienced heads to shed some light on this. Bishen Singh Bedi and others from that era rate Pataudi very highly with regards to blooding youngsters.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Dhawan was no youngster when he came into the team. he was playing domestic cricket for 8 years.

getting in a player n backing him thats what matters

dhoni also played good amount of fc cricket but again ganguly shud get credit for giving him his slot to bat n backing him after early failures

and dhawan is no old, he was still inexperienced at international level 

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

When did dhoni groom Gambhir, and do you think jadeja,raina ,rohit dhawan have same potential as yuvi,zaheer,harvy and dhoni himself. Also Dhoni didn't bring Raina, he came under gangualy/Dravid captaincy. Regarding kohli as far as i remember he prefer badri over Kohli for Aus tour.

he didnt groom him, but he was given a proper run under dhoni when ganguly n dravid were thrown out before that gambhir was in n out only .

In - out of the side didnt make his career 

48 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Raina and Gambhir under Dhoni? Gambhir is a peer to Dhoni, debuted under Ganguly and was a regular in the team led by Dravid by 2007. Raina debuted in 2005 and was blooded into the team under Dravid. The rest in your list were under Dhoni.

Dada and Dravid for me. They built the nucleus of the team that won the 2011 World Cup and number 1 in Tests first time around. Dhoni did a great rebuilding job in ODIs since around 2012-2013. Kohli I will judge only after 2019.  

gambhir i have mentioned above but 

raina debut under dravid but again backed under dhoni , ofcourse he was mature by then to 

Didnt bhajji debut under azhar, even sehwag i think has debut under someone else still ganguly gets the credit coz its about backing 

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/england-in-india-2016/ms-dhoni-saved-me-from-getting-dropped-many-times-virat-kohli/articleshow/56389491.cms

https://www.indiatimes.com/sports/it-was-ms-dhoni-and-virender-sehwag-who-backed- virat-kohli-when-selectors-wanted-to-drop-him-the-test-side-266332.html

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

yuvraj peek was 5 yrs and rohit already has achived gr8 5 yrs 

jadeja has been tremendeous 

have u seen dhawan record 

N even if i take ur **** logic their potential was less, talent is god given not captain given

Regd kohli read articles above, their is a diff between backing someone when u knw the potential n when u dnt 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

@Vilander Dravid led us to series victories in WI (after 35 years) and Eng (after 21 years). In ODIs even though he oversaw a disastrous WC campaign, he inculcated the art of chasing in Team India...a conscious decision by him and Chappell. Before 2005-06 circa we were tentative chasers, by the end of the decade that became our specialty. IIRC we won some 16-17 consecutive matches chasing at some point (a record that stands even today). I loved his use of quicks in test matches and his bowler oriented approach. Apart from 2007 WC I think we had a good ODI record under him. 

Edited by Gollum
3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dhoni also played good amount of fc cricket but again ganguly shud get credit for giving him his slot to bat n backing him after early failures

he didnt groom him, but he was given a proper run under dhoni when ganguly n dravid were thrown out before that gambhir was in n out only .

raina debut under dravid but again backed under dhoni , ofcourse he was mature by then to 

Didnt bhajji debut under azhar, even sehwag i think has debut under someone else still ganguly gets the credit coz its about backing 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/england-in-india-2016/ms-dhoni-saved-me-from-getting-dropped-many-times-virat-kohli/articleshow/56389491.cms

https://www.indiatimes.com/sports/it-was-ms-dhoni-and-virender-sehwag-who-backed- virat-kohli-when-selectors-wanted-to-drop-him-the-test-side-266332.html

N even if i take ur **** logic their potential was less, talent is god given not captain given

Regd kohli read articles above, their is a diff between backing someone when u knw the potential n when u dnt 

I would say after 2007 t20 wc heroic he has almost fixed his position in limited over just like Dhoni. In test Gambhir was consistently getting chance under Kumble/Dravid leadership and even before Dhoni took over test captaincy he was a settled opner with Sehwag. So no Gambhir was already settled in t20 and test lineup.For Odi i will give credit to dhoni to provide him chance but then you did not have many option there. After Sachin and Sehwag he was the best suited to opening position. It's not like he was youngster and Dhoni backed him to be in the team like Rohit /Dhwan and Jadega.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

See the Issue with ICF 

People always talk about ganguly n dhoni backing players, ppl hardly give credit to dravid

yet if u see above i gave him to 

But here is the problem in ICF, they have this strange allergy with dhoni coz they dnt wanna hear anything good . They ll call me bhakt.....no in reality u dnt wanna hear anything good about him . All will go blind when i call his a poor test captain.......tab sabki zuban pe ulcer ho jayenge and look at points above

Whereas i expected it shud have been regd dravid whom no ne give much credit as captain.

As i have said i Aint a bhakt , the problem is many here wants to hear what they like .........

Not even a single question regd dravid, infact many read what i didnt wrote

Now where the hell did i wrote gambhir n raina debut under dhoni or did the tittle of thread said debut.......it says backing.  The threads says backing and thats why i wrote those name

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Vilander Dravid led us to series victories in WI (after 35 years) and Eng (after 21 years). In ODIs even though he oversaw a disastrous WC campaign, he inculcated the art of chasing in Team India...a conscious decision by him and Chappell. Before 2005-06 circa we were tentative chasers, by the end of the decade that became our specialty. IIRC we won some 16-17 consecutive matches chasing at some point (a record that stands even today). I loved his use of quicks in test matches and his bowler oriented approach. Apart from 2007 WC I think we had a good ODI record under him. 

true it was under dravid we became better chaser n obv he had a yuvraj at peek n dhoni become a mainstay 

but alot of credit to him n chappell for dhoni n yuvi success

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What a shitty logic this is, do you take batsmen overall career or just peak career? Yuvi is one of the legend of the ODI which Rohit is clearly not as of  yet, he still have time. Also look at the position where Yuvi played he is one of the best middle/lower order odi batsmen we have, where as same can't be said about Rohit for opening position. Selectors wanted to drop Kohli because of bad performance in a particular test  not for entire career, are you this naive to understand this and kohli was already a premier ODI batsmen for india by that time.