Rate Indian captains who backs the deserved youngsters [ and gives long rope ] !!!

velu

5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I would say after 2007 t20 wc heroic he has almost fixed his position in limited over just like Dhoni. In test Gambhir was consistently getting chance under Kumble/Dravid leadership and even before Dhoni took over test captaincy he was a settled opner with Sehwag. So no Gambhir was already settled in t20 and test lineup.For Odi i will give credit to dhoni to provide him chance but then you did not have many option there. After Sachin and Sehwag he was the best suited to opening position. It's not like he was youngster and Dhoni backed him to be in the team like Rohit /Dhwan and Jadega.

the turning point for gambhir was actually t20 wc then also we had ganguly in next 2 odi series

once he was dropped that when he got a permanent place in CB series and he scored runs after that he earned his test spot . Till then wasim jaffer  was playing

Gambhir didnt have much success under dravid 

HAd he been kept in n out like under previous captain u think he wud have done well, look at a talented guy like guy what inconsistency in selection did u him

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What a shitty logic this is, do you take batsmen overall career or just peak career? Yuvi is one of the legend of the ODI which Rohit is clearly not as of  yet, he still have time. Also look at the position where Yuvi played he is one of the best middle/lower order odi batsmen we have, where as same can't be said about Rohit for opening position. Selectors wanted to drop Kohli because of bad performance in a particular test  not for entire career, are you this naive to understand this and kohli was already a premier ODI batsmen for india by that time. 

isnt someone gr8ness knwn by his peek , yuvraj being an all rounder contriburted in more ways he was a big match player but rohit may be bilateral but international cricket is international cricket

Rohit has 6-7 yrs left , ru sure he wnt end up as legend

yuvi cudnt open thats why he batted in middle na, whats the comparsion 

Yea n that test where he was backed he made runs and his career changed after that. Small things matter . its always about that one chance tht makes a diff

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

See the Issue with ICF 

People always talk about ganguly n dhoni backing players, ppl hardly give credit to dravid

yet if u see above i gave him to 

But here is the problem in ICF, they have this strange allergy with dhoni coz they dnt wanna hear anything good . They ll call me bhakt.....no in reality u dnt wanna hear anything good about him . All will go blind when i call his a poor test captain.......tab sabki zuban pe ulcer ho jayenge and look at points above

Whereas i expected it shud have been regd dravid whom no ne give much credit as captain.

As i have said i Aint a bhakt , the problem is many here wants to hear what they like .........

Not even a single question regd dravid, infact many read what i didnt wrote

Now where the hell did i wrote gambhir n raina debut under dhoni or did the tittle of thread said debut.......it says backing.  The threads says backing and thats why i wrote those name

this is the problem with you and any other dhoni die hard fan you guys get defensive too early and then you completely loose the plot. Don't type gibberish man.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

this is the problem with you and any other dhoni die hard fan you guys get defensive too early and then you completely loose the plot. Don't type gibberish man.

Defesinve, i have answered every post above

Defensive ka matalb bhi malum hai

Also said so , :hatsoff: for proving my point

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

But here is the problem in ICF, they have this strange allergy with dhoni coz they dnt wanna hear anything good . They ll call me bhakt.....no in reality u dnt wanna hear anything good about him . All will go blind when i call his a poor test captain.......tab sabki zuban pe ulcer ho jayenge and look at points above

Whereas i expected it shud have been regd dravid whom no ne give much credit as captain.

As i have said i Aint a bhakt , the problem is many here wants to hear what they like .........

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

isnt someone gr8ness knwn by his peek , yuvraj being an all rounder contriburted in more ways he was a big match player but rohit may be bilateral but international cricket is international cricket

Rohit has 6-7 yrs left , ru sure he wnt end up as legend

yuvi cudnt open thats why he batted in middle na, whats the comparsion 

Yea n that test where he was backed he made runs and his career changed after that. Small things matter . its always about that one chance tht makes a diff

so you think that series change his career ... even before that he has played great inning in his debut series and every one knew Kohli potential. Laxman was dropped so many times before permanently settling down in indian lineup but we don't give credit to  ganguly to bring him and support him. As he was havily scoring run in domestic also given some here and there good performance against Aus. The moot point of this thread is identifying a talent and backing them when there career was not flourish. I don't think Dhoni should get credit of Gambhir and Kohli success. However i completely agree with Rohit/Dhwan case.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Defesinve, i have answered every post above

Defensive ka matalb bhi malum hai

Also said so , :hatsoff: for proving my point

Do you think ICF run as per what you say. You post some opinion and people agree or disagree to it.  I don't see many call you bhakt here still you are in defensive mode that people might lash out to you.  But ya if you make silly comment and give unnecessary credit to some one which they are not accountable of you will be call out. 

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Do you think ICF run as per what you say. You post some opinion and people agree or disagree to it.  I don't see many call you bhakt here still you are in defensive mode that people might lash out to you.  But ya if you make silly comment and give unnecessary credit to some one which they are not accountable of you will be call out. 

:giggle: oh ur meaning of defensive .............its good to laugh 

I dnt care about anyone lashing.....was just showing a mirror to guys like u n the one who likes ur status n troll others coz they have nothing meaningful to contribute 

23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Vilander Dravid led us to series victories in WI (after 35 years) and Eng (after 21 years). In ODIs even though he oversaw a disastrous WC campaign, he inculcated the art of chasing in Team India...a conscious decision by him and Chappell. Before 2005-06 circa we were tentative chasers, by the end of the decade that became our specialty. IIRC we won some 16-17 consecutive matches chasing at some point (a record that stands even today). I loved his use of quicks in test matches and his bowler oriented approach. Apart from 2007 WC I think we had a good ODI record under him. 

yes the Eng victory 2007 right prior tot he WC, and he gave up after the WC to Kumble. Yes, that was a fine vicotry the Eng team had bell,KP,strauss, swan ?, good team if i remember right. 

:giggle: oh ur meaning of defensive .............its good to laugh 

I dnt care about anyone lashing.....was just showing a mirror to guys like u n the one who likes ur status n troll others coz they have nothing meaningful to contribute 

Oh great prophet you are here to enlighten people.It seems you have lot of hatred against me and others who owned sycophants like you. Enjoy the solace in Dhoni chalisa.  You were looking for some trolling but you don't deserve it  :ciao:

6 minutes ago, raki05 said:

so you think that series change his career ... even before that he has played great inning in his debut series and every one knew Kohli potential.

Series, a match can change career

He made runs in perth when he was on verge of being dropped where everyone in indian teamw as failing u think that wudnt have given him a world of confiedence

That innings in perth wud have given him a lot of self beilief 

Laxman was dropped so many times before permanently settling down in indian lineup but we don't give credit to  ganguly to bring him and support him. As he was havily scoring run in domestic also given some here and there good performance against Aus. The moot point of this thread is identifying a talent and backing them when there career was not flourish.

Why not , hadnt ganguly picked him n bhajji in that series they wud have been playing domestic 

He saw laxman play that 167 knock n has said thats showed he is such a good plsyer of fast bowling and he he picked him . IF i a captain doesnt back u will sit on bench n no one become gr8 by sitting on bench

Infact ganguly deserves credit to back anil kumble in latter of his career when selectors didnt wanted kumble and he fought with them to take him tour down under and kumble became a beast overseas

The idea of backing here is so limited to young players. Look At raydu this IPL he was always good in IPL but CSK gave him a chance to open and he had a golden season. Same with suryakumar was wasted by KKR.  A player can be made in many ways- backing , giving right position, giving that extra chance. All are different indiviudal u never knw what works for whom

I don't think Dhoni should get credit of Gambhir and Kohli success. However i completely agree with Rohit/Dhwan case.

:giggle:

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Oh great prophet you are here to enlighten people.It seems you have lot of hatred against me and others who owned sycophants like you. Enjoy the solace in Dhoni chalisa.  You were looking for some trolling but you don't deserve it  :ciao:

hatred against u.......who are u ????

Series, a match can change career

He made runs in perth when he was on verge of being dropped where everyone in indian teamw as failing u think that wudnt have given him a world of confiedence

That innings in perth wud have given him a lot of self beilief 

Why not , hadnt ganguly picked him n bhajji in that series they wud have been playing domestic 

He saw laxman play that 167 knock n has said thats showed he is such a good plsyer of fast bowling and he he picked him . IF i a captain doesnt back u will sit on bench n no one become gr8 by sitting on bench

Infact ganguly deserves credit to back anil kumble in latter of his career when selectors didnt wanted kumble and he fought with them to take him tour down under and kumble became a beast overseas

The idea of backing here is so limited to young players. Look At raydu this IPL he was always good in IPL but CSK gave him a chance to open and he had a golden season. Same with suryakumar was wasted by KKR.  A player can be made in many ways- backing , giving right position, giving that extra chance. All are different indiviudal u never knw what works for whom

Are you Ganguly :giggle:...   talking as if it's not Sharma ji words rather Ganguly himself told you so. Whatever suits to you agenda:phehe:

gambhir i have mentioned above but 

raina debut under dravid but again backed under dhoni , ofcourse he was mature by then to 

Only partially true. Raina was properly backed under Dravid. He was correctly dropped due to average performance:

Suresh Raina.PNG

34 matches over two years in which he batted in 27 innings is a reasonably long rope. Only 3 50+ scores and a run of 15 innings where he failed to go past 50 cost him his place. Point is, Suresh Raina v1 was blooded into international cricket and reasonably backed under Dravid-Chappell regime, not Dhoni. Once he regained his form, he regained his place in the team.

Regarding Suresh Raina v2- middle order finisher, no arguments. That was under Dhoni.  

Didnt bhajji debut under azhar, even sehwag i think has debut under someone else still ganguly gets the credit coz its about

The thread is not about who debuted under whom. If I were to use that logic, then Dhawan and Ashwin would be excluded from your list as they debuted in series where Raina was captain as well as Rohit, who debuted vs Ireland under Dravid. 

It's about Captains who backed and blooded youngsters into international cricket. You are right about Bhajji actually as he played a few series under Azhar but Sehwag and Nehra played only 1-2 matches under Azhar/Jadeja. I don't think 1-2 opportunities satisfy the definition of backing someone. 

10 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Only partially true. Raina was properly backed under Dravid. He was correctly dropped due to average performance:

Suresh Raina.PNG

34 matches over two years in which he batted in 27 innings is a reasonably long rope. Only 3 50+ scores and a run of 15 innings where he failed to go past 50 cost him his place. Point is, Suresh Raina v1 was blooded into international cricket and reasonably backed under Dravid-Chappell regime, not Dhoni. Once he regained his form, he regained his place in the team.

Not denying he was backed under dravid n chappell, chappell use to love and he wasnt ready 

But again under dhoni he was backed and i did write by that time he matured as well

backing is needed in any stage 

dhoni is backed by kohli today- any other captain might have not so if he comes good kohli shud get credit 

another example- 

20 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

14 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Leave it man i surrender. Don't want to spoil the mood of the thread like grievance thread, you win cheers.:ciao:

now thats what u call being defensive

u cnt spoil the mood , just keep giving argument n ill give mine.....we arent abusing each other 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

now thats what u call being defensive

u cnt spoil the mood , just keep giving argument n ill give mine.....we arent abusing each other 

Whatever you call man,i am ok with that, just that i don't want to continue a 100 of reply where only you and me are discussing ,so i thought in the interest of the thread i retreat. I may still disagree with you, and will definitely  get back to you later.:--D