Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
asterix

FIFA World Cup 2018 | Russia | 14th June - 15th July

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I don't understand why were they takisng corners in stupid way

ozil,muller, boateng, hummels should be publicly flogged..... they are the leaders FFS. they were just passing around the ball with zero plans.  i feel like there was a lot of discontent within the team. kroos openly called out some of his 2014 WC teammates after the win against Sweden. Joachim Low has to take blame too.... persisting with many people from the 2014 squad that have been performing poorly for a long time. Also, why didn't Brandt start in such a crucial game? even more important question is why wasn't Leroy Sane picked for this squad? he's an explosive player that helped Man City win the Premier League. many questions have to be asked. this is basically football's equivalent of persisting with has-beens just like we did from 2011-2014 overseas tours with the Big 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 4:01 AM, Tattieboy said:

The Iranian goalkeeper in post match interview was asked  what he was thinking when facing Ronaldo's penalty.

My hero is MSDhoni and I wanted to be just calm like him , dive and catch like him , he is such an inspiration to me. 

as per my report , dhoni is the best football player in our cricket team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 9:36 PM, adi B said:

Germany knocked out !!  

Completely insipid performance ,no desire ,no passion,no creativity ,deserved to get knocked out,fecking play for your club!

when you barely play as a team, it is not always going happen when you suddenly play as a team. that is why Football WC is a farce. defending champions dont even get to play qualifiers. so they barely play as a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

when you barely play as a team, it is not always going happen when you suddenly play as a team. that is why Football WC is a farce. defending champions dont even get to play qualifiers. so they barely play as a team. 

meh I think issue was mostly tactical with fullbacks staying very very high this current midfield just could not cope.

 

kroos is world class but he still needs Casemiro at club level. form of players like muller who scored so much before but has regressed rapidly since pep left Bayern is also big issue as if he does not score he is pretty much useless as attacker (not really good at anything else  ) 

I think they did end up having rifts in squad but they played plenty of tough games before World Cup without ever looking convincing and this was gonna happen cos as a team they were simply not good enough and to make matters worse they leave amazing talent like sane at home who can change games with his pace and can finish for change unlike others...but they just keep crossing in box hoping for best..sane would have allowed them to play balls over the top and go more direct .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, Old guy said:

meh I think issue was mostly tactical with fullbacks staying very very high this current midfield just could not cope.

 

kroos is world class but he still needs Casemiro at club level. form of players like muller who scored so much before but has regressed rapidly since pep left Bayern is also big issue as if he does not score he is pretty much useless as attacker (not really good at anything else  ) 

I think they did end up having rifts in squad but they played plenty of tough games before World Cup without ever looking convincing and this was gonna happen cos as a team they were simply not good enough and to make matters worse they leave amazing talent like sane at home who can change games with his pace and can finish for change unlike others...but they just keep crossing in box hoping for best..sane would have allowed them to play balls over the top and go more direct .

lack and failure tactics and strategies are all related to not being played enough as a team. Imagine, Indian cricket team playing WC without playing lot of games together. Then it is not a team, just few players playing together. It takes playing together to build combination and coordination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, rkt.india said:

lack and failure tactics and strategies are all related to not being played enough as a team. Imagine, Indian cricket team playing WC without playing lot of games together. Then it is not a team, just few players playing together. It takes playing together to build combination and coordination.

no its purely on manager who could not change his tactics with change in personnel .

any other team and i would agree with your theory but this is germany and majority of players are from single club ( bayern ) or maybe 2 clubs max so they know how to play with each other as core of the team the defence and midfiled is bayern or players like kroos who has played with them in past and they had plenty of games to prepare and still showed same issues.

 

also one of biggest issue is muller who they cannot drop but who also has been total crap for few years now..replace him with sane and its different attack..mind you still nothing close to best in world but they would have went through this group specially with better tactics which was just keep ball and push fullbacks high and plan b was to just cross after cross with no good target man inside box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Old guy said:

no its purely on manager who could not change his tactics with change in personnel .

any other team and i would agree with your theory but this is germany and majority of players are from single club ( bayern ) or maybe 2 clubs max so they know how to play with each other as core of the team the defence and midfiled is bayern or players like kroos who has played with them in past and they had plenty of games to prepare and still showed same issues.

 

also one of biggest issue is muller who they cannot drop but who also has been total crap for few years now..replace him with sane and its different attack..mind you still nothing close to best in world but they would have went through this group specially with better tactics which was just keep ball and push fullbacks high and plan b was to just cross after cross with no good target man inside box.

 

they were extremely unlucky in their last game vs korea ..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×