Virat Kohli vs Lokesh Rahul - which camp are you in?

Virat Kohli vs Lokesh Rahul - which camp are you in?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Virat Kohli vs Lokesh Rahul - which camp are you in?

Post recent IPL there has been a subtle friendly rivalry driven by fans who will be India’s top all format batsman in the next 4-5 years

battle lines have been drawn, pick your allegienace 

no bs like...as long India do well or India comes first nonsense 

Rahul, I find him aesthetically more pleasing. Also he can't do worse than Kohli in pressure situations.

P.S. :Nice thread, looks like a place where I can have some fun at the expense of others and troll them hard.

Edited by Gollum

As much as I like Rahul Kohli is the safer bet here for 2 reasons.

1. He's just entered his peak phase which I expect to last for 2-3 more years where he's gonna destroy a lot of records like Ponting circa 2002-06.

2. I just don't think KLR has the backing of the evil SOBs in the team management to truly get the opportunities that he deserves. He's pretty much gonna be looking over his shoulder most of the time. So it's possible that he may play some out of the world knocks that are better than anything by Kohli in this phase but in terms of the overall stats Kohli will be way ahead.

11 minutes ago, VT87 said:

I will bump this when he failed in pressure situation

OK why stop at this, there are many bumpable threads on ICF. Have fun, troll people, discuss matches/players, mock stuff, annoy people and also get some knowledge about cricket from others....isn't that what ICF is about?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

As much as I like Rahul Kohli is the safer bet here for 2 reasons.

1. He's just entered his peak phase which I expect to last for 2-3 more years where he's gonna destroy a lot of records like Ponting circa 2002-06.

2. I just don't think KLR has the backing of the evil SOBs in the team management to truly get the opportunities that he deserves. He's pretty much gonna be looking over his shoulder most of the time. So it's possible that he may play some out of the world knocks that are better than anything by Kohli in this phase but in terms of the overall stats Kohli will be way ahead.

Absolutely spot on man but we can choose our camp. KLR may statistically lag behind VK but if he can repeat 2017 Aus type performance here and there and play some clutch knocks in ICC tourneys he will have his own dedicated following. His shot making reminds me of one of my childhood heroes Aravinda de Silva, back then I used to love his batting even more than Sachin-Lara. If KLR can be this generation's Mad Max I couldn't really ask for more. I don't care much about numbers, I want him to carve his own unique niche in the annals of batsmanship, let history judge him after that. At least in my eyes whatever he achieves I will never forget the sins of the evil management that tried to pull him down at every instance, will elevate his standing more because he fought adversity from within the ranks.

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Absolutely spot on man but we can choose our camp. KLR may statistically lag behind VK but if he can repeat 2017 Aus type performance here and there and play some clutch knocks in ICC tourneys he will have his own dedicated following. His shot making reminds me of one of my childhood heroes Aravinda de Silva, back then I used to love his batting even more than Sachin-Lara. If KLR can be this generation's Mad Max I couldn't really ask for more. I don't care much about numbers, I want him to carve his own unique niche in the annals of batsmanship, let history judge him after that. At least in my eyes whatever he achieves I will never forget the sins of the evil management that tried to pull him down at every instance, will elevate his standing more because he fought adversity from within the ranks.

Yes but even then will he get the opportunities to play these clutch knocks in major ICC events in the first place? I mean the WC is barely a year away and he's not even a certainty to be in the squad let alone the first XI. In T20Is he's the reserve opener even though he has vastly better stats than Dhawan and Rohit. In ODIs he was banished after 2-3 failures in the middle order. In Tests he got dropped after scoring 9 50+ scores in 12 innings. A guy like Aravinda could play with all the freedom in the world because he never had to worry about his place in the side. I don't think Rahul has that kind of luxury. I think it's a real possibility that by the time he becomes a regular in the side he could well be past his peak in terms of skill.

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yes but even then will he get the opportunities to play these clutch knocks in major ICC events in the first place? I mean the WC is barely a year away and he's not even a certainty to be in the squad let alone the first XI. In T20Is he's the reserve opener even though he has vastly better stats than Dhawan and Rohit. In ODIs he was banished after 2-3 failures in the middle order. In Tests he got dropped after scoring 9 50+ scores in 12 innings. A guy like Aravinda could play with all the freedom in the world because he never had to worry about his place in the side. I don't think Rahul has that kind of luxury. I think it's a real possibility that by the time he becomes a regular in the side he could well be past his peak in terms of skill.

Valid points. We can only hope that henceforth selection is done on merit and our best players are backed. Even if that isn't the case maybe Rahul's move to Bunty's camp should hopefully pay some dividends in terms of secured spot in the XI.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Valid points. We can only hope that henceforth selection is done on merit and our best players are backed. Even if that isn't the case maybe Rahul's move to Bunty's camp should hopefully pay some dividends in terms of secured spot in the XI.

Lets see man. I hope joining Bunty's camp works out for KLR although even here I am a bit skeptical after watching the way these chewts screwed around with Rahane keeping him out for Rohit in overseas Tests in SA while making him play all ODIs FFS! :((