Virat Kohli vs Lokesh Rahul - which camp are you in?

Virat Kohli vs Lokesh Rahul - which camp are you in?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Virat Kohli vs Lokesh Rahul - which camp are you in?

Dont we Indians love conspiracies. Everyone in the so called 'Rahul camp' so glad to pick him over Kohli and comeup with all sorts of theories on how Rahul is discriminated against please explain how just a few months back when Rahul under tough conditions in SA against a quality attack was made to look like a lost puppy while Kohli who came in right after him was scoring 100s. This was not one inning it was four innings over 2 test. 

48 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Dont we Indians love conspiracies. Everyone in the so called 'Rahul camp' so glad to pick him over Kohli and comeup with all sorts of theories on how Rahul is discriminated against please explain how just a few months back when Rahul under tough conditions in SA against a quality attack was made to look like a lost puppy while Kohli who came in right after him was scoring 100s. This was not one inning it was four innings over 2 test. 

Check Kohli's first few innings. He struggled against Fidel Edwards for god's sake. Rahul is under undue pressure to perform while FTB Rohit gets picked. Clearly Kohli wants to maintain the image that he is the best batsman in the team. He is behind Rahane and even Vijay in overseas tests.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

It seems like you didn't watch last Eng tour where Kohli was averaging 13. 

Rahul got his first ton in Australia and has already scored 100s in all 3 formats. lol at your petty reasons to undermine Rahul. 

50 minutes ago, Lannister said:

It seems like you didn't watch last Eng tour where Kohli was averaging 13. 

Rahul got his first ton in Australia and has already scored 100s in all 3 formats. lol at your petty reasons to undermine Rahul. 

oh i did watch Kohli fail in england but then i also watch him get 4 100s in australia. My problem is Rahul being projected by some as another Sachin in making based on what he did at IPL. You expect him to win us test series in england based on what he did at IPL but overlooking his performance in SA.  Sure Rahul may have the potential but if he isnt in playing xi its not because of some huge conspiracy. 

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Check Kohli's first few innings. He struggled against Fidel Edwards for god's sake. Rahul is under undue pressure to perform while FTB Rohit gets picked. Clearly Kohli wants to maintain the image that he is the best batsman in the team. He is behind Rahane and even Vijay in overseas tests.

Both Rohit and Rahul got equal number of test in SA. Rohit isnt going to England but Rahul will go, Kohli doesnt have any bias its some fans who do. Also if Rahane and Vijay are better than Kohli then why does record books say otherwise ? 

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Why don't you explain why Kohli looked like a village idiot while batting against Australia last year on tough pitches over 6 innings and nearly lost us the series? Or why did he bat like a tailender against England over 10 innings in 2014. Or why was he owned by West Indian farmers in his debut series in 2011. This is his peak phase right? How many live Tests has he helped us win against Australia and SA in the last 18 months :thinking: ? I know Rahul has helped us win at least a couple (Bengaluru and Dharamsala).

Edited by Jimmy Cliff
24 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

oh i did watch Kohli fail in england but then i also watch him get 4 100s in australia. My problem is Rahul being projected by some as another Sachin in making based on what he did at IPL. You expect him to win us test series in england based on what he did at IPL but overlooking his performance in SA.  Sure Rahul may have the potential but if he isnt in playing xi its not because of some huge conspiracy. 

It's funny how you didn't mention his excellent Test form in the last home season. He hit 9 consecutive 50s and helped us to win the tough Australian series. His strike rate is easily the best in T20s and yet he's unable to find place in the team. 

It was always knwon that he will perform in IPL because of the impact player he is. 

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Both Rohit and Rahul got equal number of test in SA. Rohit isnt going to England but Rahul will go, Kohli doesnt have any bias its some fans who do. Also if Rahane and Vijay are better than Kohli then why does record books say otherwise ? 

You are judging a player by his two tests in SA. This is what the record book say about last england series

Untitled.png

Edited by Garuda

Slowly but surely I can see Kohli is becoming next Dhoni in ICF in terms of criticism. KL Rahul is a great talent but need to transpose that talent into performance in international cricket. Indeed he has been unfairly treated by team management but I am sure after his success in IPL, he will be regular in all 3 formats from now. BUT, you cannot compare Rahul with Kohli yet. If Kohli retires today, he will go down as an ATG and a top 3 ODI bat of all time. It will take hell lot of work and dedication from Rahul to reach anywhere close to Kohli statistically. But he need not try to become next Kohli. The talent he has, if he can play according to his potential, he will be a great asset for team India.

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

You are the only one taking about IPL here, the problem infact is that he's been picked based on IPL performance. He should never have been dropped cos he had done enough to get a decent run in the test team. 

Tbh I would pick Virat, its not even a debate imo. Virat hangs his boots tommrow he will still end as great, that's how good he's been. KL on the other hand needs 4 good years to be even compared. 

KL potentially could end as a better T20 and test batsmen, but ODIs it's too late for him doubt he will go anywhere close to virat 

I have never seen any player criticized on the behalf of one series . When GOAT rahul failed in sa their fan ..... but  but kohli also failedin eng.when greatest HTB Pujara failed in overseas their fan ..... but kohli failed in England  .   My unbiased opinion about this forum   Is full ofregional biased people.bande ke 56 international hundreds hai yet he termed asFTB                  

Edited by VT87
6 minutes ago, VT87 said:

I have never seen any player criticized on the behalf of one series . When GOAT rahul faild in sa their fan ..... but  but kohli also failedin eng.when greatest HTB Pujara failed in overseas their fan ..... but kohli failed in England  .   My unbiased opinion about this forum   Is full ofregional biased people.bande ke 56 international hundreds hai yet he termed FTB                  

No one is disputing Kohli here as a batsman. It is due to the decisions he is making as a captain, which is against the the spirit of Indian Cricket and it's fans. It's downright cheap and disrespectful. 

As for KLR goes, you need to rewatch his clips again and see why he's considered as the next big player. If you cannot find something special in this guy, you need to reconsider if you really are a Cricket fan.  

18 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Did you start watching cricket from SA series 

What is wrong with all of you ? To sumup what people are trying to convey is Rahul is a far better batsman than Kohli and that Kohli is jealous of him hence keeps Rahul out of squad on purpose. Is this what you are trying to say ?

42 minutes ago, VT87 said:

I have never seen any player criticized on the behalf of one series . When GOAT rahul failed in sa their fan ..... but  but kohli also failedin eng.when greatest HTB Pujara failed in overseas their fan ..... but kohli failed in England  .   My unbiased opinion about this forum   Is full ofregional biased people.bande ke 56 international hundreds hai yet he termed asFTB                  

If today in an India Pak game Dhoni were to fail as a batsman you will see more people celebrating his failure in an indian forum than a pak forum.