Why is Jinnah portrayed in bad light in Indian history?

Trichromatic

Was it because of loss of lives that happened during movement of people? I don't think so.

Jinnah is portrayed like a bahu who broke the house and separated 2 brothers from their mother. For a long time he is seen as villain in Indian independence fight.

Was 2 nation theory wrong? I don't think so. A country with 150 crores population and Hindu-Muslim ration 3:2 would have been absolutely difficult to manage for anyone. 

Congress would have struggled to remain in government for that long, but then I doubt that we would have seen stable govt completing 5 years of term. 

42 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I think it's mainly because of the direct action call given by him in '46 which resulted in riots on mass scale that lead to deaths of lakhs of innocent Hindus and Muslims.

He was a douchebag and had on his hands blood of poor.

I still thank him though. Can never respect the guy but still thankful for his stand.

Direct Action Call was good for us because the Congressi idiots rejected the proposal for separate Muslim homeland. I mean how thick were Nehru and co?

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Direct Action Call was good for us because the Congressi idiots rejected the proposal for separate Muslim homeland. I mean how thick were Nehru and co?

Yeah but innocent Bengalis were butchered as well and that's hard to justify no matter what.

Nehru was an ambitious mofo who had plans to rule over the entire Subcontinent hence his unwillingness to give into League's demands. His personal fantasies cost us a lot.

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah but innocent Bengalis were butchered as well and that's hard to justify no matter what.

Nehru was an ambitious mofo who had plans to rule over the entire Subcontinent hence his unwillingness to give into League's demands. His personal fantasies cost us a lot.

As such they had to be butchered one day, when demographics is so much against your favour it is only a question of when, and let's be honest Bengalis never really looked like people who could fight back. Even today they haven't learnt the lessons from 1946, 1971 etc.

Just now, Gollum said:

As such they had to be butchered one day, when demographics is so much against your favour it is only a question of when, and let's be honest Bengalis never really looked like people who could fight back. Even today they haven't learnt the lessons from 1946, 1971 etc.

You are right. These are the same people who surrendered to Bakhtiyar Khilji who had with him 18 cavalrymen. Yes that's right an entire kingdom's forces ran with their tails tucked in legs in front of an enemy who was surrounded from all sides by enemies thousand times his number and yet somehow managed to f**k them in the arse.

That's why I have absolutely no sympathy for those getting killed right now too by illegal Bangaladeshis. They brought it upon themselves. Deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

You are right. These are the same people who surrendered to Bakhtiyar Khilji who had with him 18 cavalrymen. Yes that's right an entire kingdom's forces ran with their tails tucked in legs in front of an enemy who was surrounded from all sides by enemies thousand times his number and yet somehow managed to f**k them in the arse.

That's why I have absolutely no sympathy for those getting killed right now too by illegal Bangaladeshis. They brought it upon themselves. Deal with it.

I couldn't believe it when I first read about the incident. How can anyone be that cowardly, beggars belief?

Edited by Gollum
grammar

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I couldn't believe it when I first read about the incident. How can anyone be that cowardly, beggars belief?

Matlab Yar hadh hoti hai.

BC aise to lambe chaure bhashan dilwa lo liberalism aur secularism and what not par.

Par jese hi kuch karne ki bari aati hai to inki pants geeli ho jati h.

I know I'm coming across as quite blunt and offensive to Bong folks here but  sometimes the truth is needed to be spoken.

38 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Matlab Yar hadh hoti hai.

BC aise to lambe chaure bhashan dilwa lo liberalism aur secularism and what not par.

Par jese hi kuch karne ki bari aati hai to inki pants geeli ho jati h.

I know I'm coming across as quite blunt and offensive to Bong folks here but  sometimes the truth is needed to be spoken.

Culturally I identify myself closely with Bengalis. Your words are harsh but fair.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

It was not only Gandhi, but also all right wing like RSS was against any partition. 

Gandhi was neither a god, nor an angel. There may be many points where may have made mistakes. There were many issues which were beyond his powers. 

But all in all, Gandhi was a good person, who believed in the humanity and he inspired the masses. 

4 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

It was not only Gandhi, but also all right wing like RSS was against any partition. 

Gandhi was neither a god, nor an angel. There may be many points where may have made mistakes. There were many issues which were beyond his powers. 

But all in all, Gandhi was a good person, who believed in the humanity and he inspired the masses. 

I am an admirer of Gandhi and even Nehru to some extent. Just because I disagree with some of their choices or decisions doesn't mean I dislike/hate them.

India would have been right mess and virtual hell-hole (some would say it is right now too but nothing comparable imo) if we had a country of 1.6bn people where 600-700 million people were Muslims not happy to live under 'Hindu rule'

weve seen riots but let's be honest about one thing. The only and only reason why there hasn't been a full scale civil war is that Muslims in India are not concentrated in one region or state in modern India (well they are in one state and we know what's happening there).

imagine if we had whole of modern Pakistan and Bangladesh (which were 90% plus Muslim in 1947 even) as part of India. 

There would have been bloodbaths 

one thing about Muslims is that once they are not the majority or in power they all lump together forgetting their differences. 

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Well, if you ever go to Kalapani, you can see the record of occupancy of each and every cell till it was turned a museum. Yes, we Bongs have a reputation to be non-war-like people and last time we did anything significant in the military department was over a thousand years ago. 
But what will surprise you, is the sum total of Bengalis incarcerated by British for violent crimes against the crown & English civillians, is greater than the rest of India combined. The Kalapani records shows that pretty emphatically. 

Indians think 'SC Bose was the one Bengali with a spine and wanted to fight' - but they forget that we literally had legions and legions of Bhagat Singh types- Khudi Ram Bose, Binoy, Badol, Dinesh, etc.

He was more sensible than most if not all of our founding fathers. Thank you Jinnah !!!! A brief moment of intense pain is always better than a lifetime of misery....that is the story of India's partition.

Jinnah had the dumb idea of having a hindu-muslim 'confederation', where basically all Muslim-majority areas would have its own internal laws, Sharia, etc. and only be loosely federated with rest of India. This was the dumbest idea ever and only when Nehru flatly rejected this moronic federation idea, did he push for comprehensive partition.

worldwide, problem is lack of a homogenous identity amongst the peoples of a nation-state. either mix everyone up quickly or stick to one predominant race. human beings have proven themselves incapable of living with other humans who may look,speak, live differently from them over a long period of time.