ESPN Cricinfo test XI in last 25 years

Just now, Lala said:

How come Hayden and Sehwag ahead of pure Test legends like Sanga and Dravid. Both are 10000+ runs scored.

Hayden and Sehwag are openers.

Middle order is extremely competitive to get into. Lara and Tendulkar are certified ATGs. There are only 1-2 spots left after that and it's a fight among Ponting, Kallis, Dravid, Sanga and couple of others.

Kallis has a big advantage of being an all rounder.

37 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I will replace Sewhag or Hayden with Smith.

Sehwag + Hayden - both of them were avg/poor in Eng, NZ and SA. 

Smith can bring balance to that.

+Smith can also supply some sandpapers. Sehwag can do commentry as he said he would have loved to have been there commentating when sand-paper gate happened.

Win-Win

Edited by sourab10forever

Graeme smith should replace Hayden... Sehwag too is not  up to the mark...... but among right handed openers he was the better of the lot.Other wise  Chris Gayle too has better all round record than him as an opener

In a world eleven my 2 test openers would  definitely be Gavaskar and Graeme Smith

Edited by rtmohanlal
12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Dale Steyn any day over Akram in tests.

Not that I necessarily agree with it but Wasim Akram usually edges out other fast bowlers in these best XI selections because of his perceived uniqueness.

Edited by philcric
59 minutes ago, philcric said:

Not that I necessarily agree with it but Wasim Akram usually edges out other fast bowlers in these best XI selections because of his perceived uniqueness.

They need a left arm fast bowler who can swing away from right handers and swing in deliveries could be lethal sometimes.

11 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Ambrose was scarier and more skilled than McGrath. Nonsense to overlook that legend. Marshall was a tier above both.

Other than the two above, whom I'd pencil in for Akram and McG, the rest of the team selects itself.

Marshall does not quality the last 25-year criteria. If Marshall is a tier above Akram and McG then so does Steyn, IMO.