Why is it that fans fervently prefer defensive cricket?

Just now, Sandeep99 said:

I would recommend you to understand the nuances of first class/test cricket before commenting. From whatever I saw, I remember how Rishabh Pant was made to look like a fool during Ranji final when a certain Rajneesh Gurbani was probing outside off stump all day.

But Dinesh Karthik has a much lower first class average than Pant. Clearly, DK is made to look like a fool more often. But due to your compromised intelligence (i.e. stupidity), you are unable to comprehend such a logical, scientific and deductive chain of reasoning to arrive at this conclusion. 

Just now, Khota said:

I dont know what you guys are watching but Karthic is better than Pant.

Your opinion is an indicator of compromised intelligence. There is literally no logical reasoning to support Karthik over Pant. Selection of Karthik has much greater associated opportunity costs.

8 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

But Dinesh Karthik has a much lower first class average than Pant. Clearly, DK is made to look like a fool more often. But due to your compromised intelligence (i.e. stupidity), you are unable to comprehend such a logical, scientific and deductive chain of reasoning to arrive at this conclusion. 

I can go on and say Rishabh Pant is one of those one season wonders who disappear after being worked out. Going by your logic, Adam Voges should be a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar, no? After all, the former averages more than the latter. But hey it's ok. Let me not get my compromised intelligence in your way. Off I go.

I can go on and say Rishabh Pant is one of those one season wonders who disappear after being worked out. Going by your logic, Adam Voges should be a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar, no? After all, the former averages more than the latter. But hey it's ok. Let me not get my compromised intelligence in your way. Off I go.

Your stupidity is evident because you do not allow Pant to be worked out. You do not give him a chance but still think he will be worked out. It is utter idiocy. You should never comment on cricket again. 

5 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Your stupidity is evident because you do not allow Pant to be worked out. You do not give him a chance but still think he will be worked out. It is utter idiocy. You should never comment on cricket again. 

Err, I did say how he got worked out last season and wasn't able to lay bat on the ball against a supposed 3rd-grade trundler in a domestic game. The lack of your comprehension skills is utterly astounding. I might comment on cricket but will never comment on this thread again though :hatsoff:

Err, I did say how he got worked out last season and wasn't able to lay bat on the ball against a supposed 3rd-grade trundler in a domestic game. The lack of your comprehension skills is utterly astounding. I might comment on cricket but will never comment on this thread again though :hatsoff:

Yet, in the same breath you fail to explain why DK appears to be failing against the very same trundlers and performing much worse. Your logic has no basis. Your reasoning is very poor, and appears to be biased. You seem to have very compromised cognition

1 hour ago, lamellavig said:

Why do Indian fans in particular, adore defensive cricket? They see it as an achievement to be a defensive team. Mediocrity appears to be the ideal. How else can you defend the stupid goons who clamour for Dinesh Karthik over Rishabh Pant?

What's wrong with current version Karthik.  Agree, Pant is good and given chance and he will have his chance eventually, but nothing wrong in Karthik getting chance.

Just now, raki05 said:

What's wrong with current version Karthik.  Agree, Pant is good and given chance and he will have his chance eventually, but nothing wrong in Karthik getting chance.

What is wrong in Dhoni getting chance. What is wrong in Kishan getting chance. What is wrong in Ashok Dinda getting chance? What is wrong in Mishra getting chance?

I don't understand the stupid logic behind giving gloves to Karthik again in tests.Pants or Kishan have to groomed to take over and Afghanistan would have been perfect situation to give one of them a game.

Karthik is/was always suspect mentally, no one ever questioned his talent ever that is he was given debut earlier than Dhoni but there is is a reason why he never could claim a permanent position.

I was okay with him in T20s as he will not have lot of time to think and can just react but tests even if he is good he will last two years then what will do, you start the search again.

I am angry at Kohli, he needs to give younger talent a chance to blossom not himself in cocoon among older players.

11 minutes ago, Garuda said:

India's tour of England most runs in the series

Untitled2.png.0e0ceffbfa6e1227d4e4f0268f03e765.png

Karthik batted as an opener silly little school boy

So you reckon he will replicate that performance again, it was one off series in his whole career where he performed.His performance as soon as he donned gloves in 2008 SL series was so bad with bat and ball that he was kicked out by Parthiv Patel.

Sorry I have no faith in Karthik especially if he is a wicket keeper.If he is not a keeper he adds no value to the team.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So you reckon he will replicate that performance again, it was one off series in his whole career where he performed.His performance as soon as he donned gloves in 2008 SL series was so bad with bat and ball that he was kicked out by Parthiv Patel.

Sorry I have no faith in Karthik especially if he is a wicket keeper.If he is not a keeper he adds no value to the team.

Not saying he is the best bet for us. He is only a replacement for Saha. I'm not convinced about Pant and others yet. He is just 20. The OP needs to chill :agree:

3 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Not saying he is the best bet for us. He is only a replacement for Saha. I'm not convinced about Pant and others yet. He is just 20. The OP needs to chill :agree:

Parthiv Patel was 17 when he made his debut, Sachin was 16, I don't think age should hinder selection.Karthik had his chances ,there is a chance of this kid will losing his confidence  and we might end up losing a real talent.

I have not seen infusion of fresh talent from this selection committee and they keep going back to these TTFs.

2 hours ago, lamellavig said:

Indian fans in particular, adore defensive cricket? They see it as an achievement to be a defensive team. Mediocrity appears to be the ideal.

2 hours ago, lamellavig said:

due to your compromised intelligence (i.e. stupidity), you are unable to comprehend such a logical, scientific and deductive chain of reasoning

Your stupidity is evident

You should never comment on cricket again.

very compromised cognition

Can you not make any point without flame-baiting or throwing insults ? what is your problem man.

He is a legside hack

Well, he did well in IPL for 3 years , but never performed well in National Level

I know he beat the crap out of Bhuvneswar Kumar but it's hard to take IPL seriously

I actually feel we don't have anymore proper options for wicketkeeping after Dhoni.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk