philcric

AFG Test Debut | Ind v Afg | 14-18 June 2018 | Bangalore

i have always supported dhawan and i dont know how can people be blind enuf to consider murli Slow vijay as ahead of dhawan in tests, if dhawan bats for 20 minutes vijay will need to stay at wicket for 2 hours to score as many runs as dhawan scores in 20 minutes.

afghanisthan is already dissappointed...and now all batsman will come and hit their Spinners...and we will score 600 for 4 ..

1 minute ago, cowboysfan said:

It just goes to show that T20 is not real cricket,both these IPL superstars have no clue on how to bowl in a test match.

This is their first test match !!  You can judge these players after they play 5-10 tests.

IMO, they bowled okay. Quite a few boundary balls but also quite a few good balls. Been a bit unlucky too. On another day they could have ended up with 2-3 wickets with same bowling.

It was always going to be a double edge sword for AFG to play us as their first test match. Had they been at a better position, would have given them a lot of confidence. But looking at things, it will only hurt their confidence. Should have played against ZIM/BD for their first test match. They should have been more in control during the game.

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i have always supported dhawan and i dont know how can people be blind enuf to consider murli Slow vijay as ahead of dhawan in tests, if dhawan bats for 20 minutes vijay will need to stay at wicket for 2 hours to score as many runs as dhawan scores in 20 minutes.

afghanisthan is already dissappointed...and now all batsman will come and hit their Spinners...and we will score 600 for 4 ..

their are more chances for vijay standing for 2 hrs in overseas then dhawan staying at crease for 20 min

n whatsup with word slow, kon bhaag raha hai tumhare piche test cricket men

6 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

It just goes to show that T20 is not real cricket,both these IPL superstars have no clue on how to bowl in a test match.

abit unfair to critisize them from get go. This is their first test match man. Unfair! 

If BD can get 10 years and still play sh*t, atleast give these Afghani lads 1-2 years before talk sh*t.

Poor afgan lads..they should mot loose confidence this is their first ever test and they are playing against India at home..the challenge teams like Aus and Eng fail regularly. Still lots of positives the fast bowler wafadar for instace. And Young Rashid and Mujeeb have to learn to set the field plan during a spell..

7 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Because Dhawan's overseas record is atrocious. The problem is can he even survive for 20 mins out there on a consistent basis? 

But yes Vijay is past it, India should drop him for an youngster.  

18 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Its a diff game. Getting wickets when batsman has to necessarily score runs it diff from getting the wicket of a batsman who is an expert in not giving his wicket away.

25 minutes ago, philcric said:

Feeling bad for Afg now.

Dhawan toying with their bowling.

They desperately need a couple of wickets in the next 20-30 runs.

Hope Dhawan gets out after his century and Vijay gets out after his half century. 

With football being flavor of the day lets say India today were to take on Germany who are no 1 ranked team what do you think would be the outcome.

2 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

With football being flavor of the day lets say India today were to take on Germany who are no 1 ranked team what do you think would be the outcome.

India football is more like bermuda cricket of football.

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Someone who has done well in domestic Cricket.

jab kisi ko dekha nhin to aise claim mat kro , halwa nhin hai international cricket kisi ko bhi daala ur wo run bna dega

i can name a few , but doesnt mean they will do good in international cricket

none of them looks as good as vijay

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

none of them looks as good as vijay

How is Vijay looking good? He's looking like a tailender against 18 year old kid from Afghanistan. And how how did he go in SA? 

41 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

problem is...he cannot stand more than 2 mins forget about 20 mins outside sub-continent

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

How is Vijay looking good? He's looking like a tailender against 18 year old kid from Afghanistan. And how how did he go in SA? 

he hasnt played for in whole ipl , he is rusty and greatest of the batsman have looked like fool when they have been rusty

how many did well in SA, i bet any of these youngster cudnt even do half of what he did in Sa 

as of now dhawan looks better then many youngsters

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he hasnt played for in whole ipl , he is rusty and greatest of the batsman have looked like fool when they have been rusty

how many did well in SA, i bet any of these youngster cudnt even do half of what he did in Sa 

He didn't do jack in SA for being an experienced player. He is past it and we can see that from his lack of intent to play shots. Atleast an youngster will learn from this much needed experience and he will get better for upcoming tours. 

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

He didn't do jack in SA for being an experienced player. He is past it and we can see that from his lack of intent to play shots. Atleast an youngster will learn from this much needed experience and he will get better for upcoming tours. 

even dravid avg 29 in Sa , sooooo 

just becoz one series doesnt go in favour of u , doesnt mean ur past it 

lack of intent to play shots this ....? this is test cricket...u take ur time 

u cnt sacrifice country interest just to give a youngster exp 

and he played a knock of 25 in 100 balls in sa, which may look just 25 runs but it was a very important innings coz he saw of new ball and in test cricket these things matters

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

just becoz one series doesnt go in favour of u , doesnt mean ur past it 

lack of intent to play shots this ....? this is test cricket...u take ur time 

u cnt sacrifice country interest just to give a youngster exp 

and he played a knock of 25 in 100 balls in sa, which may look just 25 runs but it was a very important innings coz he saw of new ball and in test cricket these things matters

Does it even take much to out preform Vijay these days?

25 in 100 balls :biggrin:? You need to go look up his average from past 1-2 years instead of throwing around useless numbers.  

54 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Because Dhawan's overseas record is atrocious. The problem is can he even survive for 20 mins out there on a consistent basis? 

But yes Vijay is past it, India should drop him for an youngster.  

if dhawan plays even 40 minutes , i would select him against a SLOW VJay ..his chances of playing for 40 minutes at least is very HIGH as his defence is also FAIR if not good, i bet that dhawan will be one of the highlights in england and will be our one of our best batsman along with kohli and kl rahul...kl rahul and dhawan are two most talented openers and Vijay is just a Hack...he should be dropped.

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Does it even take much to out preform Vijay these days?

25 in 100 balls :biggrin:? You need to go look up his average from past 1-2 years instead of throwing around useless numbers.  

really ill see which youngster wud outperform him 

kya karu main avg aur number, we need him in tough conditions as simple as that . 

Rather then giving me useless logic go watch domestic cricket n find me a youngster who can do better then vijay in overseas

even if he scores 25, find me youngsters who ll score 20 in those conditions

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if dhawan plays even 40 minutes , i would select him against a SLOW VJay ..his chances of playing for 40 minutes at least is very HIGH as his defence is also FAIR if not good, i bet that dhawan will be one of the highlights in england and will be our one of our best batsman along with kohli and kl rahul...kl rahul and dhawan are two most talented openers and Vijay is just a Hack...he should be dropped.

wnt happen against jimmy n broad , hasnt happened in overseas apart from Nz tour  that shud kill ur argument right their

no chances of playing even 20 min against a moving ball is very low 

Vijay has scored runs in ENG n Aus in tough conditions, guys who scores runs their arent hacks

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

really ill see which youngster wud outperform him 

kya karu main avg aur number, we need him in tough conditions as simple as that . 

Rather then giving me useless logic go watch domestic cricket n find me a youngster who can do better then vijay in overseas

even if he scores 25, find me youngsters who ll score 20 in those conditions

Vijay is not doing better in overseas. He was good some 3-4 years ago, but not anymore. He is easily replaceable with his current form and I don't see him improving much either because of his age. 

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wnt happen against jimmy n broad , hasnt happened in overseas apart from Nz tour  that shud kill ur argument right their

no chances of playing even 20 min against a moving ball is very low 

Vijay has scored runs in ENG n Aus in tough conditions, guys who scores runs their arent hacks

Brother - u r here and I am here...very soon in england dhawan will score some runs at least and truth will be out.....

dhawan, kl rahul and virat are our best batsman even ahead of ROHIT sharma. Virat being the best and KL rahul and Dhawan are the no 2.

29 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Hope Rahul gets hundred and permanently fixed to number 3slot .i want to kick out greatest HTB Pujara.:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

rahul will get a Hundred..i am confident but even pujara will come next and score another 100...

Pujara is a Solid defence player and in my books ahead of  Vijay and a must in test team..he has scored heaps of runs in 4 day and 5 day form and he does not want to get out, i feel if he bats Next ,he will remain not out till INDIA declares..he has the capacity to not get out and get stuck n frustrate bowlers giving them no hope to get him out..

44 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Brother - u r here and I am here...very soon in england dhawan will score some runs at least and truth will be out.....

dhawan, kl rahul and virat are our best batsman even ahead of ROHIT sharma. Virat being the best and KL rahul and Dhawan are the no 2.

how on earth is dhawan among ur best batsman in test cricket

to be honest in test cricket as of now pujara , rahane n vijay are ahead of KL. 

When it comes to overseas rahane is as good as anyone

When it comes to subcontinet pujara is a beast 

28 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

And now rain ,whose brilliant idea was to play in Bangalore this time of the year.

most parts of India are not playable at this time of the year. south has monsoon and north has 40 plus degrees.  Bangalore is the best place to play cricket at this time of the year. Rain is patchy and temperature is fine.

Guest, sign in to access all features.