philcric

AFG Test Debut | Ind v Afg | 14-18 June 2018 | Bangalore

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

He didn't do jack in SA for being an experienced player. He is past it and we can see that from his lack of intent to play shots. Atleast an youngster will learn from this much needed experience and he will get better for upcoming tours. 

He was top scorer in England in 2014 and 2nd top scorer in Aus. Same 2 countries we are visiting again this year. He is already 34, give him time till end of the year because anyway he won't play for much longer because of his age. At SA he was at his worst yet played better than Rahul, Pujara, Dhawan...what does that say about the others then? It will be utter foolishness to expect youngsters to debut against Broad-Anderson and expect to win the series.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if dhawan plays even 40 minutes , i would select him against a SLOW VJay ..his chances of playing for 40 minutes at least is very HIGH as his defence is also FAIR if not good, i bet that dhawan will be one of the highlights in england and will be our one of our best batsman along with kohli and kl rahul...kl rahul and dhawan are two most talented openers and Vijay is just a Hack...he should be dropped.

The person who you called hack was top scorer in England 2014 (same series where Kohli was made to look like a fool btw) and 2nd top scorer in Australia. The person who you are praising couldn't last 10 minutes against Anderson last time and chickened out in Brisbane causing us to lose the test. And you seem to have so much problem with Vijay's slowness, may be even Dravid's slowness bothered you. Pray tell me how does SR become a parameter to judge a top order test player.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

rahul will get a Hundred..i am confident but even pujara will come next and score another 100...

Pujara is a Solid defence player and in my books ahead of  Vijay and a must in test team..he has scored heaps of runs in 4 day and 5 day form and he does not want to get out, i feel if he bats Next ,he will remain not out till INDIA declares..he has the capacity to not get out and get stuck n frustrate bowlers giving them no hope to get him out..

Last post you had a problem with SR, now you praise Che who too is a slow batsman...FGS make up your mind. Pujara is an ATG in Asian conditions but when was the last time he clicked in a SENA country?

NZ 2014

Eng 2014

Aus 2014

SA 2018

I count 4 straight failures after his initial success in 2013 SA. In the meantime Vijay top scored in bloody tough conditions (Eng 2014) and scored 480+ runs in Aus including a 140 in the fastest pitch in the world to add to his exploits on Lord's greentop. In which parallel universe is Che a better batsman overseas?

Edited by Gollum

10 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Never rated Mujeeb. He’s like those guys you find at the nets who thinks he’s a local legend because he has 10 different variations.

Essentially another Ajantha Mendis. 

Your spinners - Shabad, Yasir et all are lucky that they don't face India in test cricket. They would get the same treatment as Rashid and Mujib (who are superior spinners) getting now. Yasir faced us once in 2015 WC and got phainta, Shadab got beating of his life from Pandya. Remember what Sehwag did to Saqlain and how he used to manhandle Kaneria?

Lets not single out Afg spinners.

13 hours ago, Lala said:

Am I watching Highlights? :cantstop: What happened to Rashid Khan? :cantstop:

his first international test match,give him a break.Might have done better with a debut against pakistan but Ireland almost won there ,so no luck for afghans.:giggle:

13 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Your spinners - Shabad, Yasir et all are lucky that they don't face India in test cricket. They would get the same treatment as Rashid and Mujib (who are superior spinners) getting now. Yasir faced us once in 2015 WC and got phainta, Shadab got beating of his life from Pandya. Remember what Sehwag did to Saqlain and how he used to manhandle Kaneria?

Lets not single out Afg spinners.

according to most acropss the border shadab is already better than most allrounders also shadab,,,,,has a way higher ceiling they say than Our fake allrounder who bashed him around for sixes like a kid though:giggle:

Edited by RAZPOR

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

most parts of India are not playable at this time of the year. south has monsoon and north has 40 plus degrees.  Bangalore is the best place to play cricket at this time of the year. Rain is patchy and temperature is fine.

oh come on...they could have easily scheduled this at dharamshala...i was there a few days back and it was pleasant.

How could they schedule it in Bengaluru this time of the year :facepalm:? Running out of words to come to terms with this idiotic scheduling. Rain forecasted for all 5 days and high probability we may get a draw, that will make a huge dent on our ranking points.

33 minutes ago, Gollum said:

what does that say about the others then? It will be utter foolishness to expect youngsters to debut against Broad-Anderson and expect to win the series.

We didn't win the last time when we were there either. After today's performance I guess he deserves to play 1-2 Test matches. We expect more from an experienced player especially when he's touring there second time. 

Rahul made his debut in Australia and it took him like 1-2 matches to get his first ton. I don't see an youngster doing any worse than how he performed in SA. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

How could they schedule it in Bengaluru this time of the year :facepalm:? Running out of words to come to terms with this idiotic scheduling. Rain forecasted for all 5 days and high probability we may get a draw, that will make a huge dent on our ranking points.

Chill bhai... India can declare now and just have 4 more sessions to record an innings win.

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

We didn't win the last time when we were there either. After today's performance I guess he deserves to play 1-2 Test matches. We expect more from an experienced player especially when he's touring there second time. 

Rahul made his debut in Australia and it took him like 1-2 matches to get his first ton. I don't see an youngster doing any worse than how he performed in SA. 

Rahul is a rare talent on par with Smith, Kohli, ABDV IMHO.....not talking about achievements, just the ability. There aren't more KLRs falling out of trees in our domestic scene, in fact there may not be a single Rahul type talent to emerge for another 15 years. Vijay did well in Eng and Aus last time and we need to back him there this time. I hate this 1-2 tests concept or short leash diktats...how did it work for Rahul in 2017-18 when his place was insecure all the time? Vijay at his worst was still better than Che, Rahul, Dhawan in SA....he will only improve in Eng. By your logic Kohli shouldn't have played in Aus 2014 after the worst series performance by a no 4 in the entire history of cricket that summer. These things happen and Vijay was shuffling sideways too much in SA, he will make the technical adjustment and go back to his leaving ways in England. I just hope Bevda and Kohli don't shove intent down his throat, allow top order freedom to use their own judgement.

34 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

oh come on...they could have easily scheduled this at dharamshala...i was there a few days back and it was pleasant.

it will be raining here a lot. This month has been full of rain in the hills. Bangalore at least has good drainage.  similar temperatures.

Edited by rkt.india

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

it will be raining here a lot. This month has been full of rain in the hills. Bangalore at least has good drainage.  similar temperatures.

no it hasnt, though it might rain this week and the next ,maybe drainage might be the reason,but this is recurring issue,they arrange test matches at wrong places at wrong time.

Edited by RAZPOR

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Rahul is a rare talent on par with Smith, Kohli, ABDV IMHO.....not talking about achievements, just the ability. There aren't more KLRs falling out of trees in our domestic scene, in fact there may not be a single Rahul type talent to emerge for another 15 years. Vijay did well in Eng and Aus last time and we need to back him there this time. I hate this 1-2 tests concept or short leash diktats...how did it work for Rahul in 2017-18 when his place was insecure all the time? Vijay at his worst was still better than Che, Rahul, Dhawan in SA....he will only improve in Eng. By your logic Kohli shouldn't have played in Aus 2014 after the worst series performance by a no 4 in the entire history of cricket that summer. These things happen and Vijay was shuffling sideways too much in SA, he will make the technical adjustment and go back to his leaving ways in England. I just hope Bevda and Kohli don't shove intent down his throat, allow top order freedom to use their own judgement.

I don't know how you can defend an average of 17 by saying it's better than the others. He was the most experienced player in the team and unlike Rahul and Dhawan, he was backed in all 3 Test matches. It's not like they didn't give him a chance. Even before coming into that series, he was going through a poor run of form, which is the indication that he's not going to get any better. 

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

I don't know how you can defend an average of 17 by saying it's better than the others. He was the most experienced player in the team and unlike Rahul and Dhawan, he was backed in all 3 Test matches. It's not like they didn't give him a chance. Even before coming into that series, he was going through a poor run of form, which is the indication that he's not going to get any better. 

Everyone can have bad series of matches here and there, even SRT isn't untouched...IIRC he averaged less than Murali in a 12 month period in 2002 or 2003. Before coming into SA series Vijay scored 2 100s against Lanka, what are you talking about?

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

Rahul needs to be more hungry, can't have these kind of mental slip ups so often.

all those interruptions might not have helped ,that was a very loose shot to get out.Good thing is it was still a chanceless fifty ,might have done a bit better with some luck.

Edited by RAZPOR

Earlier during the day Hayden Sunny G and Harsha we’re discussing about Che’s poor record overseas in Australia Che’s average is 22 around 25 in England and 31 in South Africa and 11 in NewZealand according to Sunny G it’s because Che is the most pushed player along with Rahane he claimed that they keep changing Che’s position from 3 to 4 and they keep dropping Rahane who is best overseas batsman of India. Hayden explained that he struggled overseas maybe due to completely different conditions culture and environment but he said he will have him as India’s number 3 as he is a rock for the team.

Just now, The Realist said:

Watching paint dry provides more stimultation than seeing Pujara and Rahane bat together.

Pujara's 2018 season in England: 2, 18, 7, 6, 9, 41, 17 & 0
100 runs in eight innings (Avg 12.50)

You can’t expect Rahane to start attacking from ball one here he was also out of form during the last home series.

Guest, sign in to access all features.