philcric

AFG Test Debut | Ind v Afg | 14-18 June 2018 | Bangalore

59 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it will be raining here a lot. This month has been full of rain in the hills. Bangalore at least has good drainage.  similar temperatures.

This pic from outside my office from a few months back. Bangalore is the last place one should schedule a test match. You can't trust the weather.

bangalore roads in rain.jpg

I had a great day at the ground today. Nice weather and some nice batting from Shawn and later Rahul and Vijay. The way dhawan took the attack to the spinners really broke the game. 

Was great to see lot of Afghanis in the ground supporting their team. 

Shahzad was the crowd favorite and people were really chanting his name and cheering his name and he was also obliging and signaling to them and dancing and joking around

And yes it was a decent crowd for a working day. 

Edited by CoverDrive

BCCI needs to get it's act together with the ticketing. Tickets are sold only a week before and from random sites like insider.in

Buying online ticket still requires standing in line for collecting tickets

Insider.in email told us to collect it from gate 4. After 30 minutes in line some guy tells us insider tickets are to be collected from some other place and only ticketgenie ones are there at gate 3. So we had to stand in another stupid line. As a result we missed initial part and missed few overs all of which we were very keen to see given this historic occasion. 

In stadium experience is improving with better food vendors. Drainage is awesome. It was a lot of rain and lot of water on the ground and covers and we were not expecting so many overs later in day. Looked like end of day and probably would have been on most grounds

You feel there is still mismanagement with ticketing with unreliable vendors being trusted. 

49 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

This pic from outside my office from a few months back. Bangalore is the last place one should schedule a test match. You can't trust the weather.

Stadium's drainage system is great, not city's.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Everyone can have bad series of matches here and there, even SRT isn't untouched...IIRC he averaged less than Murali in a 12 month period in 2002 or 2003. Before coming into SA series Vijay scored 2 100s against Lanka, what are you talking about?

Cric.png.8582d6ae3c72ab491f42c00ed7feea66.png

This is his recent average across 4 Test series against top 5 teams. He is clearly on a decline and these type of performances will not help anyone. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rahane vs spin is affecting his selection overseas as well. He really has to overcome this.

He was completely bogged down by the spin duo of Rashid Warne and Mujeeb. Looks all at sea against spin.

20 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Cric.png.8582d6ae3c72ab491f42c00ed7feea66.png

This is his recent average across 4 Test series against top 5 teams. He is clearly on a decline and these type of performances will not help anyone. 

He is still possibly the best against new ball in most conditions. Some of the others may be bullies on flat tracks. But they will go completely missing on green pitches. They have to strike a compromise.

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

bro, i think this is Sarjapur road or Whitefield ?. City center and esp cubbon road area has excellent drainage into ulsoor lake...its a good place but ofcourse if its monsoon its as messy as any other city..we should not short sell ourselves :p:

Which sala mod keeps removing my posts? And why? Because I said Afghanistan and Bangladesh don't deserve to play test cricket and that Bharat is bap? Bloody hell. This is just net practise for our maharathis, tamasha. Gabbar has my heart and never say die attitude like Viru 2.0, slayed like a boss. Gabbar should be first name on the team sheet in all formats, tests abroad too. Play Anderson like a spinner and use your feet to negate swing like legend Mahi did.

2 hours of Gabbar v Eng and the test is finished.

25 minutes ago, afghankhan said:

I don't think it was that bad day for us. 

The spinners looked at sea, but what can one expect when they bowl after 10 overs on day 1 against India on a wicket with a lot of grass.

Towards the end Rashid got into a pretty good rythem. 

The two pacers were decent. I think they have some potential to work with.

I am expecting Afghanistan to lose by an inning. We will be rolled out for 100 something and second inning might be even worse. 

And it's fine. We are playing our first match against nr. 1 test team at their home. 

Happy to be playing test cricket :)

You already performed better than what Bangladesh did in their test history against us :nice:

Edited by Austin 3:!6

38 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Isn't he the team's only real good player?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

India has 340 on the board despite the hiccups,most teams would take it on anyday anywhere ,with Pandya Ashwin and Jadeja we can easily get over 400.So idk what you are on about,also put Kohli in any test lineup and most other players would look ordinary.

37 minutes ago, afghankhan said:

I don't think it was that bad day for us. 

The spinners looked at sea, but what can one expect when they bowl after 10 overs on day 1 against India on a wicket with a lot of grass.

Towards the end Rashid got into a pretty good rythem. 

The two pacers were decent. I think they have some potential to work with.

I am expecting Afghanistan to lose by an inning. We will be rolled out for 100 something and second inning might be even worse. 

And it's fine. We are playing our first match against nr. 1 test team at their home. 

Happy to be playing test cricket :)

Happy that India was Afghanistan's first test opponent ,I can already see non asian teams struggling bigtime against Rashid and co .

Just now, Rasgulla said:

@Khota DK hate started already..

Dk will do fine ,didn't have a good outing today,but we also need to keep saha in line ,he really has been struggling with the bat lately and TBH doesn't inspire any confidence as a no.6 batter,if Karthik can keep his head down and perform as a batsman and keep well ,he has a good shout for England series.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

The person who you called hack was top scorer in England 2014 (same series where Kohli was made to look like a fool btw) and 2nd top scorer in Australia. The person who you are praising couldn't last 10 minutes against Anderson last time and chickened out in Brisbane causing us to lose the test. And you seem to have so much problem with Vijay's slowness, may be even Dravid's slowness bothered you. Pray tell me how does SR become a parameter to judge a top order test player.

Last post you had a problem with SR, now you praise Che who too is a slow batsman...FGS make up your mind. Pujara is an ATG in Asian conditions but when was the last time he clicked in a SENA country?

NZ 2014

Eng 2014

Aus 2014

SA 2018

I count 4 straight failures after his initial success in 2013 SA. In the meantime Vijay top scored in bloody tough conditions (Eng 2014) and scored 480+ runs in Aus including a 140 in the fastest pitch in the world to add to his exploits on Lord's greentop. In which parallel universe is Che a better batsman overseas?

My dear it is each person's view point....no one is wrong or correct.

I dont want to get into any argument with you and your view point, my view point is that kl rahul and dhawan should be our openers and Murli Vj should be allowed to relax in india , actually i was pleasantly surprised today as he scored fast today which he never does.

i regard kl rahul shikhar and virat as our best batsman- i am again repeating it is my VIEWPOINT.

You are welcome to have your view point and you may be correct and I may be correct as well.

Guest, sign in to access all features.