philcric

AFG Test Debut | Ind v Afg | 14-18 June 2018 | Bangalore

5 hours ago, Lala said:

Just saw the scorecard. Wow what a batting line up. Even Jadeja playing at no 9. Moreover Umesh scored more than Jadeja :cantstop:. If a kid asked what is minnow bashing just show him this scorecard :cantstop:

Dude it's their first game and against India in home come on. I think they bowled well and once they find some batter who is international level they can put decent score and compete with lower ranked teams in Dehradun. This will be a learning experience for them, there is no point judging them in this match. 

Afghanistan 1st innings 109 + 2nd innings 103 = 212 = Vijay's 105 + Dhawan's 107.

Baptism by fire for the debutantes.

Edited by AK007
Add details...

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

If your team plays us (no.1 test team), you will find even more boring one sided game :hehe:

That tells you in Head to Head records :cantstop:

Wow ... what a contrast to the IRE v PAK match. Although at 7/4 Ireland could have been headed to a similar fate, they turned it around somewhat with sheer force of will (the sight of Gary Wilson coming out to bat with an arm guard on the "wrong" hand -- his injured right hand -- will endure with me and join the ranks of Graeme Smith's broken hand heroics). Somehow, being at home and having a disciplined attritional technically correct style coupled with some maniac Pakistani boom or bust made a close game out of it. The Indian team instead was at home and too clinical. Afghanistan instead was all flashy mystery limited-overs stuff, perhaps a bit light on solidity. In retrospect probably too big a step-up on their first assignment ...

17 minutes ago, abc said:

Wow ... what a contrast to the IRE v PAK match. Although at 7/4 Ireland could have been headed to a similar fate, they turned it around somewhat with sheer force of will (the sight of Gary Wilson coming out to bat with an arm guard on the "wrong" hand -- his injured right hand -- will endure with me and join the ranks of Graeme Smith's broken hand heroics). Somehow, being at home and having a disciplined attritional technically correct style coupled with some maniac Pakistani boom or bust made a close game out of it. The Indian team instead was at home and too clinical. Afghanistan instead was all flashy mystery limited-overs stuff, perhaps a bit light on solidity. In retrospect probably too big a step-up on their first assignment ...

their batting will need lots of coaching and basic improvement to play tests in international level. If they can play FC matches in India then it will help them. But thats too much to ask from BCCI.

27 minutes ago, abc said:

Ireland played at their home and in conditions favorable to them.

14 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

These are the best conditions and arguably the most familiar conditions for Afghan cricketers.

No. These were not.  Pitch did not suite them at all. Uncharacteristically grassy Bangalore pitch rendered their spinners less effective.  If we had a Bangalore pitch like we had against Aus last time, they could have given our batting better challenge. 

Edited by rkt.india

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

No. These were not.  Pitch did not suite them at all. Uncharacteristic Bangalore pitch rendered their spinners less effective.  If we had a Bangalore pitch like we had against Aus last time, they could have given our batting better challenge. 

that will happen during practice games in Dehradun against Aus/ Eng lol harharhar..:laugh:

2 hours ago, Lala said:

That tells you in Head to Head records :cantstop:

Those rigged matches fetched you some lead...dont talk about it,its test cricket....you know who bites the dust when (hypothetically ) we lock horns

This Indian test team reminds me of Nadal in many ways. In SC conditions opponent teams are overawed when they cross the boundary ropes to enter battle. I want a series against Pak so that we can destroy them to smithereens but then conflicted over non cricketing reasons that forced us to cut ties with them in the first place.  

Edited by Gollum
spelling

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This Indian test team reminds me of Nadal in many ways. In SC conditions opponent teams are overawed when they cross the boundary ropes to enter battle. I want a series against Pak so that we can destroy them to smithereens but then conflicted over non cricketing reasons that forced us to cut ties with them in the first place.  

The political issues should be sorted first then cricket should be played.I am against any series against them right now it has nothing to do with their common people but the issues needs to be sorted out.

1 minute ago, gambhirfan said:

The political issues should be sorted first then cricket should be played.I am against any series against them right now it has nothing to do with their common people but the issues needs to be sorted out.

I agree some progress has to be made politically before we talk about cricket. But still wishful thinking on my part, bajaoing Pakistan on the field has a visceral joy which is tough to emulate when we beat any other team. Now that there is no cricket with them, I derive that satisfaction in Indo-Pak hockey matches where we thump them more often than not. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Greatest disappointment is not seeing this test team absolutely destroy pak test team as everyone knows they will. Alas we dont play them.

Guest, sign in to access all features.