Swachh Bharat Mission: A remarkable transformation

Stradlater

https://www.livemint.com/Opinion/T6KY7kJw2ZYYWzChGxJLkJ/Swachh-Bharat-Mission-a-remarkable-transformation.html

Came across this article while surfing net and gotta admit I am mighty impressed by the vigour and energy this Programme has been carried throughout the country in the last four years. 

To put things in perspective, 4 years ago fewer than 40 percent of the household had toilet in their homes, now this figure stands at 85 percent.

17 states and UTs are now ODF  while the no of ODF villages has gone up from 47000 to 3,84000 over the same period- about 65% of all villages in the country.

Before usual suspects barge in with their  'govt manipulated the data' rhetoric, these figures have been independently confirmed by various international organisations including Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

What's even more surprising is that the program has been equally successful in the states with non bjp governments at the helm thus it has enjoyed support across all parties which is commendable.

Kudos to Modiji. We need more such initiatives like this.

I know Modi has taken this initiative but trust me it is not a big deal really. This was a basic right of every citizen and he should continue to spend on this for another 5 years and may be things will be different in time. 

What is remarkably infamous thing is that for 70 years we couldnt even provide basics to our people like toilets, water, roads, electricity and education.

I am glad Modi is doing it but it is still basics. 

26 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

For 2 reasons I think indians perhaps are low IQ people - 

1. Still clinging to Caste. Jaats specially @Jatboy for ex. 

2. Use of English. She could have easily said that to him in hindi and etiquette perhaps would have normally flown if she used hindi... But our inferior n pitiable Indian mind tells us to use English (just for posing and we don't even know) . 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Use of English

its not the choice of words but the tone. She does not need to be angry and threaten the guy, she can politely remind him that he is sitting in a plush car but littering the streets for others.  But guess its pretty infuriating looking at folks just toss stuff out into the road, so can understand her frustration. I am sure if she spoke in Hindi she would have sounded equally upset. 

Trust me it is everyone's frustration and I would have been equally happy that someone is doing it for public interest. Cleanliness is a social cause and I am glad they are contributing to it. This will steer up the awareness very quickly. 

I dont care if it was hindi or english, whether she captured it on a video or not, if intentions are really good then, its all fair.

43 minutes ago, Jatboy said:

You again showed your hatred for Jaats. Before Jaats start with Brahmins, Rajputs etc. Is not your BJP beloved Rajputs brought shame to India while protesting for Padmavat. What about Reddys in south ? How about Muslims? There are so many who needs to clean their act before you bring Jaats to this. By the way  at least now be brave enough to share with me what My fellow Jaat brother did to you? 

I love you bro but as an educated person you should be the first to dissociate yourself from caste. For ex. the language a haryanavi Brahmin, baniya, jat or Dalit speaks is the same - Haryanvi... then why do you cling on to the caste? It divides your country. The same question I ask to my jat colleagues at office. Why can't they forget their caste? They can't answer.

I, like every other delhiite, see on daily basis in society from jats the bad-tamizi, groupism, casteism, exploitation  - the mentality of unfairly grabbing  everything for 'their people' n leave nothing for other communities... Don't point to other communities... Jaats are the worst. Mostly Hinduon me hi caste system hai, aur kahin nahi... The question is, do you want to cling on to it and display your mental backwardness or try to be the change. 

Edited by randomGuy

50 minutes ago, Jatboy said:

Your hate cancer is deep rooted and I firmly believe that you won’t come out of this. You are asking me not to bring other castes, so using this logic why are you bringing Jaats into this? 

Only ask me not to clinge to My caste when you are done with Rajputs, Brahmins Etc.  Why don’t your ask Brahmins and Rajputs to lead the way and set up an example by giving up on their caste? Isn’t historically these two castes have shaped Indian caste system. Why Jaats to lead this time? 

By the way Sikhs, Pakistani Muslims have caste as well. So Hindus are not the only one. I guess in your hatred you are missing the facts

Get well soon. I am still waiting to know what my fellow Jaat Bro did to you? Must be in pain still? 

Was that phainty given to you by your Jaat colleague at work? Let the whole story come out now. 

which is why I used 'mostly'. 

And yes, that is the kind of reply I expected from someone like you... Carry on bro... :two_thumbs_up: 

You again showed your hatred for Jaats. Before Jaats start with Brahmins, Rajputs etc. Is not your BJP beloved Rajputs brought shame to India while protesting for Padmavat. What about Reddys in south ? How about Muslims? There are so many who needs to clean their act before you bring Jaats to this. By the way  at least now be brave enough to share with me what My fellow Jaat brother did to you? 

What about them?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jatboy said:

I don’t have any Issues with any caste bhai. I normally just casually visit this forum to see what’s happening with indian cricket. I am doing this since 2011. Now I am seeing for so long for no reason this dude has picked Jaats for no reason and trying to blame them for all the evil in indian society. Jaats are no angels but why just blame one community all the time. This made me start posting here to tackle his nonsense. 

And no poster here on this forum asked him to shut up. I used the same tactic and in one post mentioned Reddy , Rajput etc and people start asking me What’s the problem I have with reddys or etc. so I guess posters on this forum only speaks up if it’s against their caste. Looking at that I have done the right thing. 

See the thing with most Jat folks of Delhi/Haryana is that they tend to get worked up easily and like to brag a lot which might put some people off. But you are right no community in India is filled with angels. They all have their fair share of bad apples.

Tbh I too have issues with many bigdail Jat launde of Delhi but my college friend circle was mostly made of Jat and Gujjar boys hence the soft spot.