Ishant v Umesh - who should be in team if needed?

Want to see Umesh a little more with his remodeled action,he seems to have dropped a yard of pace ,given his habit of getting erratic is not going to help either..well Ishant is Ishant "unlucky" so time to look for someone beyond these two,they had their due but were not able to use those opportunities...so why not try some rookie,the best is Saini.. Can't we start a debate on this??

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

Umesh clearly on wicket taking ability. Ishant is a good containing bowler, but we need more than that.

ishant creates a bit of fear factor owing to his bounce capability as compared to Umesh but with bhuvi and bumrah being the other two bowlers, bumrah will do the creating dear JOB as good as Ishant so we need BHuvi as wrecker in chief with the New Ball and Umesh as the wicket taker with the Semi new ball too and he can go berserk with the old ball and try to generate pace and reverse swing..my three pacers would be bhuvi bumrah Umesh. If bumrah is not playing then ISHANT is a must.

My attack would definitely have Kuldeep and three pacers bhuvi bumrah umesh and Hardik.

but if the pitch Looks totally a GREEN top prepared to nullify the Spinner then i would prefer to play bumrah umesh saini bhuvi and NO SPINNER and NO hardik too, with karthik as keeper and 6 batsman , we will have enough batting followed by bhuvi the all rounder, if we have saha then our batting may look weak but Karthik is a good batsman and definitely way ahead of Saha in batting Skills and he was decent as a keeper in this test and did not drop a Single Catch.

i did not like his Pace bowling( of Hardik) in the test match against Afghanisthan, he could not take even a single wicket where as he bowled 5 overs in first innings and 4 overs in second innings against a test team who had seriously bad batting technique. AS a test Pacer , he looked very Bad..his pace was low , he had no swing , not even good bouncers, looked as if he did not practice fast bowling well. 

had he failed as a batsman , every one would have started going behind him, just that he was Looking very Good as a batsman and that's the beauty of an all rounder, he can cover up in the other art. But as a Pacer he was awful in this test.