Umesh Yadav becomes 2nd slowest to 100 test wickets for India

We also have to keep in mind he has played a lot in subcontinet where spinners take most of the wkts . Take ind-sa series in 2015......fast bowlers werent even bowling 4 overs. Before u realise 4 test were over and fast bowlers didnt bowl enough overs forget wkts 

He hasnt played in SA, NZ, Eng till now where fast bowlers boost their stats 

He has played his test in Ind, SL , WI and the Aus which have patta wkts now 

On 6/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, gambhirfan said:

I wish you were a cricketer you are relentless.Perhaps India missed out on Indian version of Mcgrath by not selecting you in the side :laugh:.

:giggle: See I have nothing against quality fast bowlers like Zaheer Khan. Clowns like Umesh and his brother Aaron were overhyped in this forum just because they bowl phasttttt while Bhuvi and rest of  130s bowlers were constantly put down.

At the end of the day what matters to me..is wickets / runs conceded. I don't care if you bowl 120s or even 140s. Everyone ll be treated equally :dance:

Another proven failure  of  37 tests. I don't know what team  management's real intention is???????????  Now and then they get chances  to test fresh talents like the test against Afghanistan, dead rubber matches, matches against lower ranked teams etc etc. Instead of giving chances to fresh faces to test their abilities, they persist with proven failures like Ishant,Umesh,Karthick,Rohit,Pujara etc etc.What sort of common sense is this?????????

4 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

I hope a day comes when India produces a decent fast bowler... these guys are too shitty by world standards. Such a big cricket frenzy nation and not even a single good fast bowler to speak about... Shame

Shami BK are good no problem with their stat.  Fastbowlers strikerate and a very good average. Umesh  has poor average but good strikerate.

9 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

See I have nothing against quality fast bowlers like Zaheer Khan. Clowns like Umesh and his brother Aaron were overhyped in this forum just because they bowl phasttttt while Bhuvi and rest of  130s bowlers were constantly put down.

i agree to a certain extent---  but every succesfull team has- 1 swing bowler, 2-fast bowlers , 1-bouncy bowler, 1 quality spinner.

every component of attack is neccessary .....u can't have all 4 fast bowlers or all 4 swing bowlers......it makes the attack one-dimensional.  @express bowling    @Mosher   @speedheat

Edited by LORD_analyst
On Mon Jun 18 2018 at 8:24 PM, LORD_analyst said:

i agree to a certain extent---  but every succesfull team has- 1 swing bowler, 2-fast bowlers , 1-bouncy bowler, 1 quality spinner.

every component of attack is neccessary .....u can't have all 4 fast bowlers or all 4 swing bowlers......it makes the attack one-dimensional.  @express bowling    @Mosher   @speedheat

Agree, verities in the attack is crucial for success