Jump to content
Lala

Remember the date 2018-June-18?

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Was a great win for Pakistan. India totally capitulated on the day. 

It was one of those days nothing went for us. I have never seen such an on field performance by team India. Even 2003 WC final performance was better.

1) Winning the toss and bowling first in finals (still don't know which Einstein's idea was that)

2) Kedar Jadhav missed an easy run out of Fakhar Zaman when he was yet to open his innings.

3) Bumrah got Fakhar out but on a no ball.

4) Catches falling in between fielders.

5) Atrocious bowling by spinners, Jadeja kept on bowling short and they kept cutting him for four. You can hear in mike stumps Dhoni's agony "Na Na Jad...short mat kar"

6) Most of their mishits were going for six.

7) Kohli not bringing Kedar Jadhav to bowl up until 41st over, who was your most successful bowler in semi final. Jadhav came and immediately got Babar Azam out.

8) Jadhav was looking good with the bat but suddenly one delivery turned sharp from crack (only ball to spin in both innings).

9) Pandya looked the best bat from both sides and only if Jadeja didnt ran him out, who knows what might have happened.

 

All in all, a very poor game by us. Hope they never bring Ash-Jaddu back in LOI set up.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

 I can already visualize the hammering we are going to dish out in Asia cup (2 matches) and ultimately on 16th June 2019

 

:agree:

Visualize in your dreams :cantstop: We are pumped up after CT victory. We feel like early 2000 that how strong we beat you guys continuously :cantstop:. Thanks for giving us the energy and confidence back :cantstop: No fear :eyedance:

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

It was one of those days nothing went for us. I have never seen such an on field performance by team India. Even 2003 WC final performance was better.

1) Winning the toss and bowling first in finals (still don't know which Einstein's idea was that)

2) Kedar Jadhav missed an easy run out of Fakhar Zaman when he was yet to open his innings.

3) Bumrah got Fakhar out but on a no ball.

4) Catches falling in between fielders.

5) Atrocious bowling by spinners, Jadeja kept on bowling short and they kept cutting him for four. You can hear in mike stumps Dhoni's agony "Na Na Jad...short mat kar"

6) Most of their mishits were going for six.

7) Kohli not bringing Kedar Jadhav to bowl up until 41st over, who was your most successful bowler in semi final. Jadhav came and immediately got Babar Azam out.

8) Jadhav was looking good with the bat but suddenly one delivery turned sharp from crack (only ball to spin in both innings).

9) Pandya looked the best bat from both sides and only if Jadeja didnt ran him out, who knows what might have happened.

 

All in all, a very poor game by us. Hope they never bring Ash-Jaddu back in LOI set up.

I can some what agree and disagree for above your comments

 

1) Disagree. India's strength is chasing. Kohli & Dhonli Love chasing.

2) Agree - Kedar Jadhav missed an easy run out of Fakhar Zaman.

3) Agree - Bumrah's No ball is the turning point for me

4) Disagree - Catches falling in between fielders is the not always luck. Pushing runs through no mans lands.

5) Agree - Jadeja had an off day

6) Disagree - We had enough firepower to hit sixers

7) Disagree - Kedar Jadhav is a part timer and it is a risky to bring him when batsmen are on fire. Kohli made the right decision.

8) Disagree - Can't call Jadhav is unlucky because we had better spinners like Shadab who can spin the ball sharply.

9) Agree - If Pandya was there till the end, it would have been something to happen.

Share this post


Link to post

What a day that was. It was a dream match for Pakistani team. Competely owned team India.

 

1. Decision to bowl first. No matter how many centuries Kohli and co hit in bilaterals, Kohli himself has never hit a 50 in any LIST A final. He can't take pressure as batsman, and it was bit too much as captain also. Kumble wanted to bat first, Kohli went for chase. That was first blunder.

 

2. That no-ball and bowling by spinners. IIRC they took 2 or 3 wickets in entire tournament. Going with 2 spinners in England proved to be suicidal for the team. Should have gone with Shami.

 

3. There is nothing to say about chase. Game was over once Pakistan scored 338. However the manner in which Amir toyed Kohli was something that will be mentioned forerver. Coming back after 5 years ban, bowling against best batsman and making him look like club cricketer was absolute shocker.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Arrey bhai haan Pakistan won. Congrats again for that but kab tak dheendhora peetogay.

Pakistanis now adays are like Bangladeshi's they will also keep bringing that 2015 series in every discussion. Same for Pakistani's with CT.

Can't wait for Asia cup where they will receive a big phainta atleast in 2 matches to bring them back to their basements.

Share this post


Link to post

yes ..... clearly remember the day ....... the day Kohli committed the biggest blunder of his cricketing career till date. Winning the toss and fielding first, especially forgetting 2 facts

  1. the same Pakistani team was thrashed  in the first match by batting first

 2. It was a final  and  that his predecessor Ganguly  had committed this blunder  in 2003 world cup final(at least that case has a consolation in that  it was  against an ATG team).Here the mistake he committed was childish.

Edited by rtmohanlal

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hell Raiser said:

Arrey bhai haan Pakistan won. Congrats again for that but kab tak dheendhora peetogay.

Pakistanis now adays are like Bangladeshi's they will also keep bringing that 2015 series in every discussion. Same for Pakistani's with CT.

Can't wait for Asia cup where they will receive a big phainta atleast in 2 matches to bring them back to their basements.

Who cares group matches? Winning in a final matters. It's absolutely hurt India. :cantstop:

You can win Asia cup all group matches and being complesent. We will win final :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

Just checked the thread title, why should we remember today? For England vs Tunisia game?

Naaa. Read the title again. Don't you remember a year ago on this day cried like a ....? :cantstop: If not you are not a true indian cricket fan :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

 2. It was a final  and  that his predecessor Ganguly  had committed this blunder  in 2003 world cup final(at least that case has a consolation in that  it was  against an ATG team).Here the mistake he committed was childish.

Pitch was good to chase any target. There were initially some seam movements. But the way hardick played there is nothing on the pitch. It's just pressure and underestimating Pakistan

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Lala said:

Pitch was good to chase any target. There were initially some seam movements. But the way hardick played there is nothing on the pitch. It's just pressure and underestimating Pakistan

then why you failed to chase in the first match against India   despite it being a league match only???????? there in lies the answer 'PRESSURE' of big match occasion.Every  Indian school kid knew  what to do with winning the toss in a final except that fool Kohli.

 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Lala said:

Who cares group matches? Winning in a final matters. It's absolutely hurt India. :cantstop:

You can win Asia cup all group matches and being complesent. We will win final :cantstop:

Go and celebrate your 5th ODI ranking with your brethern because it won't last long. In the next two -three months you will come back to your usual 6-8 ODI ranking.

Forget about India it will be a big challenge for your team to beat Afganistan and Bangladesh in Asia cup. Then we will hear ur BCCI= ICC=RAW =CIA conspiracies.

Share this post


Link to post

The myth about Kohli being the GOAT chaser in ODI cricket was shattered. But conflicted about how I feel about that day because even though it was a very rough day I am done with ODI cricket, a format which has lost relevance because of a multitude of reasons. Test losses affect me in ways which even ODI WC * ups don't. I was in ruins for over 6 months following the defeat but in hindsight this doesn't even make the top 3 Indo-Pak heartbreaks on my list. Chepauk 1999, Chinnaswamy 2005 and Karachi 2006 are much more painful memories for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The myth about Kohli being the GOAT chaser in ODI cricket was shattered. But conflicted about how I feel about that day because even though it was a very rough day I am done with ODI cricket, a format which has lost relevance because of a multitude of reasons. Test losses affect me in ways which even ODI WC * ups don't. I was in ruins for over 6 months following the defeat but in hindsight this doesn't even make the top 3 Indo-Pak heartbreaks on my list. Chepauk 1999, Chinnaswamy 2005 and Karachi 2006 are much more painful memories for me. 

Kohli has 15 match winning centuries while chasing. How is he being a GOAT chaser is a myth? Who is better than him?

 

One game don't define anything. We lost that game due to our bowlers and in 1st innings.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

then why you failed to chase in the first match against India   despite it being a league match only???????? there in lies the answer 'PRESSURE' of big match occasion.Every  Indian school kid knew  what to do with winning the toss in a final except that fool Kohli.

 

You statement is totally wrong. Haven't India won finals chasing? what about 2011 WC? Then why in 2014 T20 WC final even after batting first, failed to win the match? It is all about pressure. India failed to absorb pressure in finals against better bowing attacks and they underestimate oppositions. :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Kohli has 15 match winning centuries while chasing. How is he being a GOAT chaser is a myth? Who is better than him?

 

One game don't define anything. We lost that game due to our bowlers and in 1st innings.

He has consistently failed in important matches while chasing, talking only about ODIs here. In this era batting standards are different, 360 meets 340 kind of scores has forced me to re evaluate my rating of all modern ODI batsmen. He is a very good chaser but unless he can do that in challenging pitches more often or suck less in ODI WCs/KOs he is nowhere close to being a GOAT. His SF show against Aus in 2015 is IMO the worst innings played by any batsman in ODI cricket in the last 20 years or so. That total in CT 2017 F was formidable on paper but the conditions were so flat, transposed to the late 90s or early 2000s that would have been closer to a 270-280 total, difficult but not insurmountable. More than his final score it was the way Amir made him his b!tch that sealed the argument for me...on that national highway, after being let off once, at the peak of his career. Give peak Viv/Crowe/SRT/Ponting/Lara/Gilly/Aravinda/Hayden those conditions plus 2 lives and all would have made 100s. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lala said:

You statement is totally wrong. Haven't India won finals chasing? what about 2011 WC? Then why in 2014 T20 WC final even after batting first, failed to win the match? It is all about pressure. India failed to absorb pressure in finals against better bowing attacks and they underestimate oppositions. :cantstop:

as if every team in the history of the game  that chased  before that match  in big finals always won the matches.Did I say it was not about pressure???????? India needed to bat first in the match.Simple

Share this post


Link to post

Only Ashwin and Jadeja lost their places after CT final. It should've been a couple more players. Playing two spinners on such a wicket and bowling first after winning the toss were the most idiotic decisions from Kohli. It was sad to see Kumble was forced out like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Lala said:

Naaa. Read the title again. Don't you remember a year ago on this day cried like a ....? :cantstop: If not you are not a true indian cricket fan :cantstop:

In 2018? That was in 2017. Your thread title says 2018.

Share this post


Link to post

the loss was completely on Kohli, his decison making at the toss,team selection, bowling changes, everything was as wrong as it could have been , so this loss will always be remembered as Kohli's blunder

jaddu and ashwin rightly got the boot after the tournament, but there are still delusions about certain batsman in our loi setup,which i think will be gone after a set back in next world cup

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

In 2018? That was in 2017. Your thread title says 2018.

Haan Bhaisaab,Try to understand the title. Every other poster could understand and reply better meaningful posts except you. 2018 June 18th means exactly one year of winning CT. It was held in 2017 June 18th. :cantstop: 

Kiska bachcha hai? :cantstop:  

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

the loss was completely on Kohli, his decison making at the toss,team selection, bowling changes, everything was as wrong as it could have been , so this loss will always be remembered as Kohli's blunder

jaddu and ashwin rightly got the boot after the tournament, but there are still delusions about certain batsman in our loi setup,which i think will be gone after a set back in next world cup

Dhoni.  :yay:

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Gollum said:

He has consistently failed in important matches while chasing, talking only about ODIs here. In this era batting standards are different, 360 meets 340 kind of scores has forced me to re evaluate my rating of all modern ODI batsmen. He is a very good chaser but unless he can do that in challenging pitches more often or suck less in ODI WCs/KOs he is nowhere close to being a GOAT. His SF show against Aus in 2015 is IMO the worst innings played by any batsman in ODI cricket in the last 20 years or so. That total in CT 2017 F was formidable on paper but the conditions were so flat, transposed to the late 90s or early 2000s that would have been closer to a 270-280 total, difficult but not insurmountable. More than his final score it was the way Amir made him his b!tch that sealed the argument for me...on that national highway, after being let off once, at the peak of his career. Give peak Viv/Crowe/SRT/Ponting/Lara/Gilly/Aravinda/Hayden those conditions plus 2 lives and all would have made 100s. 

spot on.. Kohli need to do more in big pressure chases to be considered as the GOAT chaser in one dayers.Apart from that world cup 2011 knock(good one but not a great knock) I don't remember him playing any high pressure great knock . He has played  2 knocks in semi finals( 58* & 96* vs Srilanka & BAN respectively) in champions trophy.But these 2 are not adequate enough because of the contexts of those knocks.

Some people consider him bigger than Sachin in chasing. Sachin has played several substantial chasing knocks in prestige   knock outs and against quality attacks, Kohli is slightly better in finishing in mammoth chases in lesser pressure situations.That's all. 

Lack of adequate 3+ team  tournaments now a days don't help Kohli's legacy either

Edited by rtmohanlal

Share this post


Link to post

Pakistan trumped India in doing giving chances to youngsters.

 

Both teams have habbit of keeping tried and tested failures in the team. Pakistan team didn't start well and if they had followed same team combination then they would have struggled later also.

 

But they changed the team in the middle of tournament which India team was too hesitant to do and still is. 

Share this post


Link to post

Why would anyone remember yesterday (you said 2018) :confused:

 

Sure, 2017 is a great day for you guys. Remember how things turned out since then ? In cricket, team India continued to be #1 in tests and is very competitive in ODIs. T20s, good for you guys being #1. 

 

For every other sport, look at CWG 2018 recently. An absolute walloping head to head, simply no comparison. 

 

Finally, when it comes to memories, both nations have their fond memories, depending on where/when u wanna look. In real life, India has the greatest triumph i.e. 16 Dec, 1971 ;)

 

[insert pic with Pakistani General signing instrument of surrender]

Share this post


Link to post

It was sad day, but then I remember in World Cups:

          India 11 - 0 Pakistan

 

And suddenly I smile,

 

Now that’s humiliation etched into a generation of Pakistani fans

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Pakistan trumped India in doing giving chances to youngsters.

 

Both teams have habbit of keeping tried and tested failures in the team. Pakistan team didn't start well and if they had followed same team combination then they would have struggled later also.

 

But they changed the team in the middle of tournament which India team was too hesitant to do and still is. 

Wahab getting injured for them was good if he was not injured then our chances would have been much better.

Edited by gambhirfan

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SK_IH said:

the loss was completely on Kohli, his decison making at the toss,team selection, bowling changes, everything was as wrong as it could have been , so this loss will always be remembered as Kohli's blunder

jaddu and ashwin rightly got the boot after the tournament, but there are still delusions about certain batsman in our loi setup,which i think will be gone after a set back in next world cup

Only 1? I count 3-4 of them who deserve a boot ASAP...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×