Highest average speed in test cricket since 2010

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah Wahab yes he could be quicker than Shami and Yadav by a weebit..but its spray gun Wahab so who cares. But hazelwood quicker than Shami is a bit outthere..may be there is a bit more in play here..did they consider slower balls..or is it true straight forward match average speeds..etc. Speed gun source. 

Shami looked faster than Hazelwood in average and peak pace consistently..infact a bit faster than Umesh on occasions.

who bowls slower balls in tests?  In recent Ashes, Hazelwood was consistently over 140KPh.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

check in bcci website. completed aus Ind test games..plenty are there.

bcci.tv

Did you see Hazlewood bowling in Ashes?  Shami did not even play last test series.

Edited by rkt.india
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Did you see Hazlewood bowling in Ashes?  Shami did not even play last test series.

Shami has played a few tests, for sure he did not bowl against Afganistan. you can still go see his last test match stats, same for Hazelwood, its there in archives. Dont be lazy about this.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

hardly.  moreover, these stats are from 2010. Shami started bowling quick only after his come back from injury against England.  He was not consistently fast before that.

hardly is not = not at all. so we are good, if slower balls were excluded then there is possibility of subjectivity, if slower balls were not excluded then there is possibility of inaccurate readings into the average pace. Bottomline is what pace you see in the game is real pace, in that Shami does not appear slower than Hazellwood so we are good.

Hazelwood at 137 looks dicey.in his first 2 years I.e upto 2016 mid he bowled at average speed of 130-133 k at max,be it home series against India in 2014 ,ashes in England (he was literally trundling) ,now I believe in the second half of  his intl career after mid 2016 ,he did inprove his speeds significantly . 

His avg speed in the last 2 years maybe close to 137k and definitely he is bowling quick now , but the average speeds of first half of his career and second half of his career shouldn't come out to be more than 135k in any case 

Let me check Hazlewood's speed on last India tour.

Test 1: 1st innings- average speed 85.7, quickest 90.9.

2nd innings- average 84.9, quickest 88.2

Test 2: 1st innings-average speed 86.4, quickest 89.9.

2nd innings-average speed 86.2, quickest 90.5

Test 3: 1st innings- 83.8, 88.1

No 2nd innings

Test 4: Ist innings- 85.0, 87.9

2nd innings-85.3, 87.3

So average speed for this series was 85.3.

Shami;s average speed on SA tour

1st test- 1st innings 84.2, 88.8

2nd innings 84.6, 88.8

2nd test- 1st innings 84.8, 89.7

2nd innings 85.3, 89.4

Third test speeds not available.  Series average speed 84.7.

Hazlewood was far quicker in the last Ashes against England.

26 minutes ago, adi B said:

Hazelwood at 137 looks dicey.in his first 2 years I.e upto 2016 mid he bowled at average speed of 130-133 k at max,be it home series against India in 2014 ,ashes in England (he was literally trundling) ,now I believe in the second half of  his intl career after mid 2016 ,he did inprove his speeds significantly . 

His avg speed in the last 2 years maybe close to 137k and definitely he is bowling quick now , but the average speeds of first half of his career and second half of his career shouldn't come out to be more than 135k in any case 

Same is the case with Shami. Shami was also trundling in England 2014.

47 minutes ago, Vilander said:

hardly is not = not at all. so we are good, if slower balls were excluded then there is possibility of subjectivity, if slower balls were not excluded then there is possibility of inaccurate readings into the average pace. Bottomline is what pace you see in the game is real pace, in that Shami does not appear slower than Hazellwood so we are good.

Shami especially never seen him bowl a slow ball in test, so that whether count them or not is mute in case of him.

51 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Let me check Hazlewood's speed on last India tour.

Test 1: 1st innings- average speed 85.7, quickest 90.9.

2nd innings- average 84.9, quickest 88.2

Test 2: 1st innings-average speed 86.4, quickest 89.9.

2nd innings-average speed 86.2, quickest 90.5

Test 3: 1st innings- 83.8, 88.1

No 2nd innings

Test 4: Ist innings- 85.0, 87.9

2nd innings-85.3, 87.3

So average speed for this series was 85.3.

Shami;s average speed on SA tour

1st test- 1st innings 84.2, 88.8

2nd innings 84.6, 88.8

2nd test- 1st innings 84.8, 89.7

2nd innings 85.3, 89.4

Third test speeds not available.  Series average speed 84.7.

Hazlewood was far quicker in the last Ashes against England.

We should check Shami's last test in India ? and Hazelwood did he bowl in SA ( i cant remember). A better comparison would be similar conditions.

1 hour ago, adi B said:

exactly, its not believable that the guy averaged 137 -138 career long. Shami did Hazel did not.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

The point is.

In the garb of removing slower balls you can not let go of genuine Hazelwood trundling..thats what i ment. The guy does trundle, i mean 132.

So does shami who also bowls 132-134 in spells. It all evens out. Hazlewood was consistently 87-88 mph in the second ashes test that I watched with a peak speed of 91 mph.