Rohit Fails Yo Yo test on 17th June, gets another chance to prove on 20th

27 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Rohit Sharma failed to clear the Yo-Yo fitness test on Sunday (June 17) and requested the board and the team management to grant him more time. It is now being stated that the batsman will be given a second chance on Wednesday (June 20).

Different Rules for Different players

These are double standards.    

29 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Rohit Sharma failed to clear the Yo-Yo fitness test on Sunday (June 17) and requested the board and the team management to grant him more time. It is now being stated that the batsman will be given a second chance on Wednesday (June 20).

Different Rules for Different players

Mumbai lobby will do it's magic and fatso Rohit will make it :facepalm:

So why no second chance for others? As I have mentioned before Yo-yo is used as a test to keep undesirables out rather than actually proving endurance.

Oh, and also can someone enlighten me why is endurance required in LOIs where batting for long time is not required. Agility is more relevant in the field in LOIs. Please don't tell me it is for faster running between wickets when some of the slowest runners like Pujara and Ashwin with multiple run-outs in their career are able to pass Yo-yo.

11 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

So why no second chance for others? As I have mentioned before Yo-yo is used as a test to keep undesirables out rather than actually proving endurance.

Oh, and also can someone enlighten me why is endurance required in LOIs where batting for long time is not required. Agility is more relevant in the field in LOIs. Please don't tell me it is for faster running between wickets when some of the slowest runners like Pujara and Ashwin with multiple run-outs in their career are able to pass Yo-yo.

yo yo isnt a high speed test that is why Pujara and Ashwin pass it..

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yo yo isnt a high speed test that is why Pujara and Ashwin pass it..

I know, it is an endurance test, right? Means as a batsman one can bat for very long time without getting tired. I am asking how is it relevant in LOIs? A test for checking agility is more relevant as you need agile fielders and runners to save runs, catch and steal quick runs.

The only place in cricket where endurance is relevant is for test batsmen who have to bat long without affecting their concentration.

We are running no marathons in cricket for endurance. Even sports like Basketball where players need to constantly run to and fro has mostly shelved Yo-yo.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

its the stamina that is tested in Yo-Yo.  Yo-Yo is not that easy. he has already failed yo yo test in IPL twice.  I want him to fail this test, so, that we can see what team management does now. Will they drop him or make an exception.  If they drop him then it will set the right precedent and force him and others to either get fitter or get litter.

He has played 200+ innings in ODIs. Also whenever he plays a long innings, he clears the boundaries easily and runs decent too. Don't know how YOYO test is a test of stamina. It may be a test of stamina in one burst but not over a period of time which is sufficient for cricket.

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He has played 200+ innings in ODIs. Also whenever he plays a long innings, he clears the boundaries easily and runs decent too. Don't know how YOYO test is a test of stamina. It may be a test of stamina in one burst but not over a period of time which is sufficient for cricket.

even if we suppouse that this yo-yo test doesnt make much sense, still if it pushes player to improve their fitness then why not

Raina after failing this test only worked on his fitness n got back in shape. Rohit has been getting fat in last few yrs and if this kick motivates him to work on his fitness why not. He is going to be on other side of 30 and his reflexes wud start to get affected , a drop in fitness will only worse his game 

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

20-30 mins test is one burst?

14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

20-30 mins test is one burst?

Compared to approximately 6 hrs on field which includes plenty of relax time, yes it is. You are missing the point anyway. 

Edited by Pollack