Your most painful cricket related memory against other teams?

4 hours ago, Pace90 said:

As a Pakistani, loss against India in 2011 WC semi. We have lost to India in all the WC ties but that one still hurts as at one point we had a chance to win, but Misbah killed it. Since then, MIsnah is the player I hate most. He has been the most selfish one to play for Pak, ever. 

Even your ex players bash him for that innings Inzi Yousuf Shoaib but the wickets kept falling from the other end so if he had been dismissed then Pakistan would have been all out much earlier.Gul went for plenty thanks to Raina we reached a fighting total of 267.

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

I started watching cricket circa 1998 and understood the LBW rules somewhat only post 1999 :p:, maybe a serious fan with some understanding only in this millennium. Here is my list:

1. Australia: 2008 SCG, greatest organized cheating in the history of any sport which denied us a historic series win downunder. Never have I outraged that much over the result of a sports match. Close contender 2004 SCG.....Parthiv Patel :whack2:. 2003 WC, 2015 WC, 2004 home series etc don't affect one bit me because we were brutally outplayed in those ones, have made peace with the results.  

2. England: 2011 0-4.....such a hyped series with us coming in as no 1 team but we were made to look like schoolboys on and off the field. Humiliation at the hands of fans from other countries, experts, opponent players (Bresnan :finger:) etc made me depressed. We were on such a high (SA 2010-11, CWC 2011) and the way we came tumbling down in Eng, hard to take. Close contender 2006 Wankhede Udal test. 2012 Eng home series was torture but can't deny we were comfortably outplayed by a superior outfit...as such I had very low expectations of Team India that time courtesy 0-8 and Dhoni's leadership, utna bura nahi laga kyon ki aadat pad gayi thi maar khane ki. 

3. RSA: 2018 test tour...was there for the taking if only we knew how to catch. Prior to this one it was 2011 Cape Town where Kallis and Dhoni denied us a series victory. Pappu royally *ed us up for the 2nd time after 2003-04 Aus.

4. Pakistan: Tied between 2005 Chinnaswamy and 2006 Karachi....too young during 1999 Chepauk to understand its magnitude. 2005 Pak team was a minnow level team (esp bowling wise) yet we were unrecognizable. Remember the 'Match Ka Mujrim' specials after each day's play where Bedi, Zaheer Abbas and Kiramni would feature. Bedi was very harsh on Dada who was in crisis mode, as a Dada fan I used to hate the Sardarji back then...later I started admiring him. Karachi was a choke job post 39/6...we took our feet off the pedal, also I was confident Tendu (Endulkar?) would call quits any time in the near future, gladly proven wrong post 2007 WC. 

5. NZ: 2000 Mini WC final.....cried a lot after that match. Tore away Sportstar posters of Sachin & Dada which I had plastered in my room. Can't believe we lost to NZ after trumping Aus/SA in QF/SF. Like that story of the soldier who made it through 2 vicious wars only to trip in his bathtub to death. 

6. Sri Lanka: 2014 WT20 F, no right to lose that match, Yuvi :whack: Cool :whack2:....during 1996 WC I was very young and family was in vacation in Gangtok with only my dad following the running commentary on transistor radio, warna that Eden SF would have topped, most shameful episode in our WC history. 

7. WI: 2006 CT group match in Motera. Cost us a SF spot because we were never really in a position to challenge that Aus ODI team anywhere on the planet. Still remember Agarkar's moronic short and wide bowling when we had a chance to sneak through. 

8. Zimbabwe: A test match in Harare in 2001 IIRC. An injured Andy Flower took them home after a **** show by our over rated batsmen in the 3rd innings. That travesty of a performance came 2 months after 2001 Aus series :facepalm:.Close 2nd will be the 1999 WC group game. 

9. Toygers: 2007 WC, enuff said :((

giphy.gif

I cried after we lost to Windies in Barbados when we could not chase 120 and were out for 81.

As a fan below are the most disappointing ending from India's point of view; :cantstop:

1. 1996 WC Semi - However I remember SL beat IND in group matches so they got upper hand to beat India in Semis too.

3. 2003 WC Final - Assuies were dominating in that era hence I assume no chance for India. It was an emotional hype.

4. 2007 WC exit - Shocker. Nobody expected that India exit WC so early

5. 2014 WC Final - India never expected that type of death bowling. It was first time people saw wide line yokers. Master piece strategy by SL.

6. 2017 CT Final - India took Pakistan lightly after group match win. Pakistan knew anything over 280+ in a final is a match winning target. When the first innings done Pakistan taken the 65% of chance of winning the match.

Just now, gambhirfan said:

After the Mini World Cup we played in Sharjah and were all out for 54 in the finals against Lanka where Sanath made 189.

There is a clear formula linked with Indian bowlers vs Jayasuriya. :cantstop:

How many balls Jayasuiya faced = How many years particular Indian bowler will continue

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Chennai 1999.

Barbados 1997

ICC KO Final 2000.

Cape Town Test in 2007.

WC 2003 Final and CT 2017 were total thrashings so they don't hurt that much.

Yup forgot about that one, bizarre turn of events after a dominating day 1. 

4 hours ago, gambhirfan said:

After the Mini World Cup we played in Sharjah and were all out for 54 in the finals against Lanka where Sanath made 189.

That too :((, man Lankans had our number in ODI cricket those days. 

Just now, gambhirfan said:

We were pwned by them in Srilanka tri series or test series its only after Dhoni we started owning them in ODI series.

After Dhoni (2005-) we got an upper hand in bilaterals but still they have screwed us in important matches like WC 2007 group game, 2014 WT20 F, CT 2017 group game (if not for that blip, we would have surely chosen 1st batting in the F).......

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

After Dhoni (2005-) we got an upper hand in bilaterals but still they have screwed us in important matches like WC 2007 group game, 2014 WT20 F, CT 2017 group game (if not for that blip, we would have surely chosen 1st batting in the F).......

That 2014 game was messed up by Yuvraj  MS should have promoted Raina but Yuvraj was pathetic.Kohli ignored Kumble’s suggestion of batting first in the finals and I think we won chasing against Proteas and BD so Vk wanted to chase.That 2007 defeat was painful.

9 hours ago, Pace90 said:

As a Pakistani, loss against India in 2011 WC semi. We have lost to India in all the WC ties but that one still hurts as at one point we had a chance to win, but Misbah killed it. Since then, MIsnah is the player I hate most. He has been the most selfish one to play for Pak, ever. 

Pakistan fielding was very poor that day  total of 5 catches were dropped of Sachin he was not at his best but made valuable 86.