Your most painful cricket related memory against other teams?

14 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

That 2014 game was messed up by Yuvraj  MS should have promoted Raina but Yuvraj was pathetic.

Despite Yuvraj struggled, Kohl's strike rate was not impressive in that match. It was great bowling by SL. All the bowlers have conceded less than 30 runs for their quotas. Usually India struggles against better bowling attacks in finals. :cantstop:

2 minutes ago, Lala said:

Despite Yuvraj struggled, Kohl's strike rate was not impressive in that match. It was great bowling by SL. All the bowlers have conceded less than 30 runs for their quotas. Usually India struggles against better bowling attacks in finals. :cantstop:

Kohli was not getting enough strike as Yuvraj kept missing the deliveries he made 11 of 28 I think.

3 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Pakistan fielding was very poor that day  total of 5 catches were dropped of Sachin he was not at his best but made valuable 86.

True. Catches win matches. We should have restricted India around 225.

ODI drubbings never had much effect on me. Even after 2007 WC debacle I was watching the next ODI India played.

The twin 4-0s were the ones which scarred me the most.

Our no. 1 ranked team turning up daily with no energy, no spirit to fight back and getting thrashed like a newbie test team was painful. What made it worse was it had so many of our legends and their legacy getting tarnished like that. 

Edited by Number
23 minutes ago, Vilander said:

asking you to grow a pair is flame baiting..we went through this whole cycle once. 

I thought that the 6 page long Grievances thread was in order to ensure civil discourse in the future, many of us are trying to post in accordance with the new guidelines enforced by the admins here. 

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

dude its unfortunate that you think crying about a game is ok. 

Bro I was 9-10 years old when that match happened and it was the first time in my life I was passionate about any sports team. If someone as legendary/Godlike as Federer can cry over a result at the age of 36 I am sure a 9 year old's behavior doesn't warrant scrutiny. 

If any ICFer has noticed one trait about me in this forum, it is that I hardly post comments of dissapointment/anger if India loses big games or any other games, thanks to 2011 4-0 drubbing in England, before that series I was as naive/emotional as an Indian fan could be but after that thrashing I was a different person totally.

Edited by MechEng
21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bro I was 9-10 years old when that match happened and it was the first time in my life I was passionate about any sports team. If someone as legendary/Godlike as Federer can cry over a result at the age of 36 I am sure a 9 year old's behavior doesn't warrant scrutiny. 

ok got it..but we do this all the time Gollum - i understand what you mean..i just cant agree with crying over a game..anyways.

4 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

2012 AC when we got embarassed by those minnows Bangladesh because of one tuk tuk guy and his milestone... He sacrificed INDIA that day for himself.

Lost all the respect for the man. 

My condolences. Thankfully the great MSD avenged that defeat on our next tour to Bangladesh with a hard hitting knock that helped us win the series. Oh wait...

aeeb4a41-340c-44e1-b868-bc3f0e8f57d3.png

:((

Another painful memory was an ODI against SA in Eden Gardens, 2005. I was watching that match live in the stadium and we were massacred, a 10 wicket victory for the Saffers and Graeme Smith murdered our bowlers. It was just a bilateral but the behavior of the crowd (peak Dada-Chappell fallout saga) disgusted me. Indian players were booed relentlessly and for SA it was more than a home game. Dravid got the worst treatment in both the innings. Dravid had scored match winning twin 100s against Pak just a few months back at the same venue to become a hero...so to see Kolkata crowd bay for his blood was uncomfortable viewing. News channels and papers didn't mention the full story...not just were our players booed/Saffers cheered but Indian outfielders were also abused in the filthiest manner possible. Indian flag was disrespected, chairs were damaged, washroom doors were destroyed, there were fights between groups after the match...horrible horrible experience. And security personnel seemed to enjoy the tamasha, they were complicit in the hooliganism. Seen quite a few matches in Indian stadiums but nothing can top that bitter experience.

Edited by Gollum
3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

My condolences. Thankfully the great MSD avenged that defeat on our next tour to Bangladesh with a hard hitting knock that helped us win the series. Oh wait...

aeeb4a41-340c-44e1-b868-bc3f0e8f57d3.png

:((

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/11381/scorecard/870735/bangladesh-vs-india-3rd-odi-india-tour-of-bangladesh-2015/

Like the way you totally skipped the 3rd match in that tour. Dhoni Scored 69 :giggle: in 3rd match and India won by 77 runs.

Next Asia Cup we were in finals when Dhoni played and we crushed those minnows BD in finals :giggle:

Unlike 10du who tuk tuked even in World cup and choked his whole team

2007 WC against BD - 7(26):facepalm: 

Edited by Rasgulla