Are India ready to take on this England side in ODIs?

chewy

I think at our best we could win this series, but I am more concerned with determining our set batting.

Our team needs to sort out #4  by the end of the series. Whether Pandey or Rahul or whoever, one of them needs to have their spot more or less sealed by the end of the series. That way they can actually adjust and acclimatize to the 4 slot by the time of the WC.

Hopefully Kohli doesn't chop and change too much now.

Think the games will be won and lost in the battle between your bowlers and our batsmen (sounds stupidly obvious I know but I hope you know what I mean). See how these flat track bullies (and the tracks will be flat) do against a quality attack. Can't see you making massive scores, 340-350 at a push so it will all be on your bowlers.

Another factor will be the crowds. If a big Indian contingent turns up it could turn it your way. Often when a big away crowd turns up on usually friendly grounds our players get a bit spooked mentally, saw it in the last two CTs and a T20 against Pak a couple of years ago 

Edited by YCCC

I personally feel, we will win the series. It's not easy to play bhuvi, bumrah and kuldeep with such utter disdain that these guys have shown towards their aussie counterparts. 

But that English batting lineup though. It almost feels like, there team have given up on the concept of 'bowling part'  in a team altogether. They are on a ravaging spree, like a hulk on steroids. Bat with one simple tactic : Smash 'em.

This way, either you humiliate your opposition or will collapse yourself to humiliation. 

I predict the latter against quality bowling sides like India. 

Eng batting is brutal. Bowling is average.

Ind batting is above average. Bowling is above average.

The bowling has to do it for India. Hypothetically if both Eng and Ind bat against a same averagish bowling (like current Aus), Eng will win it easy.

Eng are the favourites.

Ind needs to fix 2 middle order slots asap. Hope Rahul owns the #4 by the end of the series.

1 minute ago, sourab10forever said:

England Spinners* got 19 Wickets

Corrected.

Oh okay.

Aussies really struggled with ODI spin bowling in the recent times.

Agar doesn't look like a potential wicket taking bowler. They probably should play Lyon or Zampa.

First choice Aus bowling attack could be ..

Starc

Hazelwood

Cummins

Lyon / Zampa

Stoinis + Head + Maxwell

D Warner

A Finch

* S Smith

T Head

G Maxwell

M Stoinis

+ A Carey / P Handscomb

P Cummins

M Starc

J Hazelwood

N Lyon / A Zampa

That's probably their best XI. Both Marshes miss out.

1 hour ago, YCCC said:

Think the games will be won and lost in the battle between your bowlers and our batsmen (sounds stupidly obvious I know but I hope you know what I mean). See how these flat track bullies (and the tracks will be flat) do against a quality attack. Can't see you making massive scores, 340-350 at a push so it will all be on your bowlers.

Another factor will be the crowds. If a big Indian contingent turns up it could turn it your way. Often when a big away crowd turns up on usually friendly grounds our players get a bit spooked mentally, saw it in the last two CTs and a T20 against Pak a couple of years ago 

We had scored 380 against your trundlers last time even with over-the-hill Dhoni and Yuvi and chased over 350 with Jadhav smoking your boys to all over the ground.Your bowling is hapless and if our top 3 comes into form, then no target is safe on those super pattas.

I cant see this English side winning against India,it will be a close series but tbh the way English are playing they are more likely to give wickets in bundle to chahal and kuldeep in the middle overs and i cant see bhuvi and bumrah going for as many runs ,tye has bowled very badly throughout this series,maybe its the pressure.

I would have been more worried if the pitches were bowler friendly and they had some real quality in bowling department.These pitches will work in our favor i feel.

Scotland bashed the same English side for 370 odd ,so i am pretty sure rohit and co will manage,all we need is 320 + scores consistently if we bat first .         

These patta pitches will work in our favour,and might just hide our fragility in the middle order.I just hope though rahul gets a good run this series and doesn't have to sit out.

Edited by RAZPOR
2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

England Spinners got 19 Wickets in 4 games

Aussies got just 1.

Our spinners performing well will mean that their Batting won't look as good as they are looking now.

You can expect the tracks to not support spin that much.  Which is fine.  

Bigger issue is going to be India's conservative batting tactics - In a high-scoring shootout, a team that willingly plays within itself and settles for 40-odd in the first 10 overs instead of 60+, is going to have trouble keeping up with a team that routinely posts 65+ in the 1st 10.  You need to depend on low-probability scenarios of a top 3 batsmen "going big", to make up that 25 run differential.  Hard to do on a regular basis.