Are India ready to take on this England side in ODIs?

chewy

I have never seen such brutal hitting from any LOI side. 

This England LOI side is special, i think they are post modern and ahead of their time. Hope its a even contest, but India does know how to bowl in flat pitches, the point is does the English bowlers know it well enough to bowl again Indian batters and would the English freak bats do it against Indian bowlers. It will be interesting. Never seen Australia dominated and mauled like this, without a whimper.

As good as England have been this was an Aussie B side, can think of many teams giving them similar treatment. Come WC 2019 and when the defending champs get serious it will be a different game altogether. 

India is ready to take on England, lately we have become the masters of meaningless bilateral contests. So are Poms but we have taken this art to another level, like the SA of 2000s-early 2010s. You can expect our batsmen to make merry with literally nothing at stake, we will look like world beaters and defeat Eng if full team plays. But I hope guys like Kohli, Bhuvi sit out if they aren't 100%....long test series ahead and can't afford to have people break down then. I personally don't mind a few losses in the shorter formats because otherwise our boys may get complacent before the tests. We need a hungry Team India taking the field on August 1st and if ODI/T20 loss is the price we have to pay to light the fire under our asses so be it. Also middle order has many chinks and better expose them now than next June. 

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This series Aus team didn't feature: Warner, Smith, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson. CA giving ODI cricket the respect it deserves LOL. Imagine us resting Dhawan, Kohli, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Kuldeep, Chahal....no wonder Poms are looking world class atm :phehe:

Aus will get better but you cant deny thw hitting ability of hales butler morgan etc..it is a special team.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Aus will get better but you cant deny thw hitting ability of hales butler morgan etc..it is a special team.

No doubting their hitting ability, they have taken that aspect of their game to another level in the last 2 years....no other team comes remotely close to their firepower and batting depth. But it is untested on challenging tracks and against good bowling (especially variety, spin), their CT 2017 SF showed that their new approach can backfire spectacularly and with a weak bowling attack they will be vulnerable against zoning teams. Moreover this sort of free hitting is easier in bilaterals, but come WC won't be so easy to emulate. In WC 2019 fair chance they may get tight (immense pressure, recall our campaign in 2011) and not bat with the liberty they have now. Moreover actions will have consequences in the grand stage, a silly dismissal here will be laughed at but come WC time any brainfade will be scrutinized for many years...English fans have still not forgiven Gatting's reverse sweep dismissal in 1987 F :phehe:

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No doubting their hitting ability, they have taken that aspect of their game to another level in the last 2 years....no other team comes remotely close to their firepower and batting depth. But it is untested on challenging tracks and against good bowling (especially variety, spin), their CT 2017 SF showed that their new approach can backfire spectacularly and with a weak bowling attack they will be vulnerable against zoning teams. Moreover this sort of free hitting is easier in bilaterals, but come WC won't be so easy to emulate. In WC 2019 fair chance they may get tight (immense pressure, recall our campaign in 2011) and not bat with the liberty they have now. Moreover actions will have consequences in the grand stage, a silly dismissal here will be laughed at but come WC time any brainfade will be scrutinized for many years...English fans have still not forgiven Gatting's reverse sweep dismissal in 1987 F :phehe:

Hey Gollam, if your team need any tips on how to beat infact bowl out this very special England team you know which country to phone up :two_thumbs_up:

6 hours ago, Scar said:

I personally feel, we will win the series. It's not easy to play bhuvi, bumrah and kuldeep with such utter disdain that these guys have shown towards their aussie counterparts. 

But that English batting lineup though. It almost feels like, there team have given up on the concept of 'bowling part'  in a team altogether. They are on a ravaging spree, like a hulk on steroids. Bat with one simple tactic : Smash 'em.

This way, either you humiliate your opposition or will collapse yourself to humiliation. 

I predict the latter against quality bowling sides like India. 

Flat pitches, bowling doesn't matter. It's a batting contest.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

This series Aus team didn't feature: Warner, Smith, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson. CA giving ODI cricket the respect it deserves LOL. Imagine us resting Dhawan, Kohli, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Kuldeep, Chahal....no wonder Poms are looking world class atm :phehe:

Its not about CA giving respect. How would CA select them when they all are injured and two are banned? CA had no option. If they were available, they would all have been playing. And they are not rested.

Edited by rkt.india

I dont think batting first and scoring near 330 against this Eng side on flattest of pitches will threaten Eng one bit no matter how you bowl,two of their top 8 are destined to fire , which makes their chase a walk in the park,the style which they have perfectly adopted,their openers are bullying,you have to get them out cheaply,bowlers need to be adamant about it...

41 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I dont think batting first and scoring near 330 against this Eng side on flattest of pitches will threaten Eng one bit no matter how you bowl,two of their top 8 are destined to fire , which makes their chase a walk in the park,the style which they have perfectly adopted,their openers are bullying,you have to get them out cheaply,bowlers need to be adamant about it...

an other problem is how many can you bowl out cheaply ? if we were to calculate stand deviations of batting ability vis-a-vis contemporary teams, this team trumps the Aus 2000-2006 and Ind 2011 teams...they have just too many batters who can just kick on to 2-3 gears at will.

Their still some question marks remain over Bumrah's bowling, especially after the rubbish performance in CT finals and we don't have a good 5th bowler. Our bowling is almost non-existent if spinners have an off day. 

Rohit Sharma and Dhoni are the weak links in our batting line-up and there's unresolved issue with #4 batting position. That's like 4-5 players who will most likely to fail and we have not yet found a good replacements for them because of selectors' unwillingness to try out new players. As usual, SF exit for India in the next world cup. 

5 hours ago, YCCC said:

Alright cut the aggressive tone. Loads of you are going on about conservative batting and being left behind by other teams so why Can't I just because I'm not Indian? Just my opinion. Might be completely wide of the mark. If I am so be it. It's only a game of cricket.

Think India has lost it's touch with reality in ODI, also we choose to pick over the hill conservative play for the place in the side guys like Dhoni ,Raina, Yuvi.Our bowling will be a challenge for the Poms but batiing is conservative so we will know when it happens, but hoping to see likes of Dhoni, Raina gone forever after this one.

41 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Their still some question marks remain over Bumrah's bowling, especially after the rubbish performance in CT finals and we don't have a good 5th bowler. Our bowling is almost non-existent if spinners have an off day. 

Rohit Sharma and Dhoni are the weak links in our batting line-up and there's unresolved issue with #4 batting position. That's like 4-5 players who will most likely to fail and we have not yet found a good replacements for them because of selectors' unwillingness to try out new players. As usual, SF exit for India in the next world cup. 

we still reached CT final and poms didnt.

Edited by rkt.india
6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Flat pitches, bowling doesn't matter. It's a batting contest.

Not entirely true. Even on flat pitches Yorkers are Yorkers, so teams which have effective death bowlers can minimise damage. Similarly if the opposition can't pick wrist spinners then that's a big advantage even on a non spinning deck. Aussies neither had effective death bowlers nor good wrist spinners. Indian team has Bumrah, Bhuvi, Chagall and Kuldeep. So, sure will make a difference.