rkt.india

1st Match, India A vs England Lions at Derby, Jun 22 2018: 03:30 PM IST

43 minutes ago, putrevus said:

no he played KKR's last match too, these tours are meant for youngsters to learn and Mavi is perfect candidate with a huge upside than these Thakurs and Chahars. 

You have to maintain a balance between rewarding consistent performers at the domestic level, vs fast-tracking deserving younger players.  A year from now, if the next u19 pace bowler also impresses, will you turn around and say that he should be given opportunity ahead of Mavi? 

Selectors' job is to make sure that the FC system stays strong and the players are motivated to put up strong performances at that level. Else there is a danger that the promising players will treat them as glorified nets and won't bother about Ranji stats.  Chahar and Thakur have done well in IPL, and also put up years of hard work in domestic cricket.  That has to be rewarded.  I'm excited about the likes of Mavi and Nagarkoti too, but fair's fair.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

You have to maintain a balance between rewarding consistent performers at the domestic level, vs fast-tracking deserving younger players.  A year from now, if the next u19 pace bowler also impresses, will you turn around and say that he should be given opportunity ahead of Mavi? 

Selectors' job is to make sure that the FC system stays strong and the players are motivated to put up strong performances at that level. Else there is a danger that the promising players will treat them as glorified nets and won't bother about Ranji stats.  Chahar and Thakur have done well in IPL, and also put up years of hard work in domestic cricket.  That has to be rewarded.  I'm excited about the likes of Mavi and Nagarkoti too, but fair's fair.  

Rightly said.Mavi and Nagarkotti are much younger and will have their oppurtunities

5 minutes ago, Abhilash93 said:

Vijay Shankar and Krunal Pandya have failed to impress in this tour, which comes as no surprise. 4 all-rounders in the XI (Axar, Gowtham, Pandya, Shankar) is too much.

They should make way for Khaleel Ahmed and Ishan Kishan/Deepak Hooda.

This was their first game on tour. The earlier ones were warm-ups against Z-level teams.  Another arm-chair kuptaan jumping to baseless conclusions.  

The entire team had a bad day today.  233 is a shyte score -they ought to do better than that, even on a bad day.  I expect them to win the rest of their games - they play WI 'A' twice and England once again, and then the Finals.  

Scapegoating your personal favorite targets after a bad game is just silly.  

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

No selectors job is give Indian team best possible chance to win for team India by selecting strongest team and India A team has to be all about development of talent.

If domestic performers perform well they have to compete with seniors, not on A tours what is point in taking 26 and 25 year old trundlers on A tours.One I can understand one but this team is filled with these TTFs who have no international future. When Prithivi Shaw and Gill  can find a place in this squad why not Mavi.

Edited by putrevus

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

India A team has to be all about development of talent.

I suggest you re-read what I posted, to understand my point about talent development.  India "A" selections are about more than just playing the best XI - its about opportunities and exposure.  About creating a talent pipeline to the national team, as well as creating incentives that strengthen the domestic cricket competition.  Which is also a crucial component of "development of talent".  

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I suggest you re-read what I posted, to understand my point about talent development.  India "A" selections are about more than just playing the best XI - its about opportunities and exposure.  About creating a talent pipeline to the national team, as well as creating incentives that strengthen the domestic cricket competition.  Which is also a crucial component of "development of talent".  

No India A is no place to reward domestic performers.India A should be  all about grooming young talent and not for proven domestic performers.If selectors feel these domestic performers need to be rewarded then reward them with India cap.Vinay Kumar was proven domestic performer with no upside on international scene, even though he was the best domestic seamer for decade. What the point in taking guy like Vinay on A tour.

Edited by putrevus

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No India A is no place to reward domestic performers.

Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.  I'd rather see the likes of Vinay Kumar, Vijay Shankar etc restricted to India A, and not rewarded with India Caps.  But before players like those are ruled out from national selection, there's merit in an argument to give them a proper run at the 'A' level.  

Its all about balance, you don't want domestic performers to dominate the 'A' selection, just as you don't want solely fast-tracked newbies in there.  Looking at the 'A' squad and team here, I feel the balance overall is quite good.  There's always going to be 1 or 2 names that you or I will find replaceable with someone else.  

Edited by sandeep

Chastening loss. Batsmen went missing no doubt but the penetration of bowlers exposed. Dravid typically clueless didn't help.
I have always thought Dravid to be extremely overhyped circa U19 WC win.
He is not a very good coach- and way overrated.
Taking every **** of his as Quran/Bible might end up harming.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.  I'd rather see the likes of Vinay Kumar, Vijay Shankar etc restricted to India A, and not rewarded with India Caps.  But before players like those are ruled out from national selection, there's merit in an argument to give them a proper run at the 'A' level.  

Its all about balance, you don't want domestic performers to dominate the 'A' selection, just as you don't want solely fast-tracked newbies in there.  Looking at the 'A' squad and team here, I feel the balance overall is quite good.  There's always going to be 1 or 2 names that you or I will find replaceable with someone else.  

That's fine,we can disagree.In my view by rewarding extraordinary domestic performers you are trying to catch lightning in bottle.

Many teams including India have done in past like Raman Lamba, they might do well for season or two internationally before fading away.

6 hours ago, Sachinism said:

Iyer and Shankar gone.

Serious Q, is Shankar international standard? Will he ever make it as an all-rounder? Or are we just wasting time here.

I don't think he has the bowling ability of an all-rounder, and his batting is ok. There are many batsmen who are better picks.

shankar is not INternational material, a shade inferior to even Stuart BInny...even binny's bowling was better than him.

even shankar's batting is a question mark...

big question mark is his temperament, he seems to be feeling scared and not confident playing critical overs , he has to just see the ball and hit the ball, some thing that he has practiced a lot, he should be over confident like many cricketers who belong to international cricket, see slim n wiry hardik pandya, when he plays he makes the bowlers scared of him, just by his attitude and shots.

this guy shows fear on his face when he bats critical overs and cricket is a mental game , bowler will feel confident bowling to vijay shankar where will feel lil scared against Hardik pandya...

he is no where close to hardik pandya so definitely not international material.

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

Shardul Thakur? Isn't he already playing in the seniors team? The hell is wrong with these selectors. His name comes up mysteriously in every squad that they announce and he's nothing but an average trundler. 

There is something called "regionalism"..these days we hear about it lot,maybe he too holds a Sajdeh patronage

4 hours ago, Lannister said:

Shardul Thakur? Isn't he already playing in the seniors team? The hell is wrong with these selectors. His name comes up mysteriously in every squad that they announce and he's nothing but an average trundler. 

What's more he isn't a good limited overs bowler. Had they picked Siraj on the back of his good Vijay Hazare tournament or Ankit (could be in both A squads) would have been more sensible

It's better to have both Kishan and Pant than Shankar in playing 11.
How do you develop all-rounders??

Idea is not to win these games but to develop players...if you still win, that would be icing on the cake.

Having said this, I am not against Shankar nor with him....
But someone like Rahul has huge regards for him, then I think he should be given ..a go... atleast for couple of tournaments...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Idea is not to win these games but to develop players...if you still win, that would be icing on the cake.

But someone like Rahul has huge regards for him, then I think he should be given ..a go... atleast for couple of tournaments...

Rahul Dravid is not god .
To be honest, I don't think he is a real good coach on par with Kirsten, Moody and even Hesson
He is like the brilliant but fickle minded boss in Group projects who change the direction of the team every couple of meetings

9 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Which I think he is getting... I think he is getting opportunity in wrong format....best from him would be longer format and not t20s like nidhas.

22 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

Agreed. He should be in international team training for the Engand test series

His fielding- he missed some seriously easy catches in IPL...

HIS batting against a lowly Bangladesh in a t20 when he was trembling against two bowlers bowling at 133-136K and missing balls and trying to get himself out many a times...

HIs Batting- his IPL batting was hporrible, his INDIA batting in t20 was so bad that he is lucky to be playing in india A.

HIS BOwling- his faster balls are 125 to 133K and his slower ones are 115 to 125K, with this he bowls some slow bouncers and some kinda full tosses..Binny was much more accurate than him. Hardik is much faster than him.

SHould not be picked in ODI,t20  and tests for INDIA, even deepak chahar as pace all rounder is better than him.

MAvi and nagarkoti are both close to playing for INDIA-

why the hell are they not picked here for INDIA A.

deepak chahar and other pacers selected in india A are definitely not ahead of MAVI and Nagarkoti...yes khaleel could be a better option but i think shardul/deepak are as good as mavi and nagarkoti definitely not better than them.

His fielding- he missed some seriously easy catches in IPL...
HIS batting against a lowly Bangladesh in a t20 when he was trembling against two bowlers bowling at 133-136K and missing balls and trying to get himself out many a times...
HIs Batting- his IPL batting was hporrible, his INDIA batting in t20 was so bad that he is lucky to be playing in india A.

HIS BOwling- his faster balls are 125 to 133K and his slower ones are 115 to 125K, with this he bowls some slow bouncers and some kinda full tosses..Binny was much more accurate than him. Hardik is much faster than him.

SHould not be picked in ODI,t20  and tests for INDIA, even deepak chahar as pace all rounder is better than him.
Didn't he hit some 50s?
I think the other DD all rounder Harshal Patel is better.

10 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

MAvi and nagarkoti are both close to playing for INDIA-

why the hell are they not picked here for INDIA A.

deepak chahar and other pacers selected in india A are definitely not ahead of MAVI and Nagarkoti...yes khaleel could be a better option but i think shardul/deepak are as good as mavi and nagarkoti definitely not better than them.

I dont rate Chahar but mavi and Nagarkoti are years from playing for india.Ideally they should have atleast one full season of Ranjis under their belt.

Guest, sign in to access all features.