Has there been a player more cringy than Hardik Pandya?

8 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I mean check his Instagram out. Guy is a real life embodiment of a wannabe.

His antics are so annoying that I don't even know where to start. 

It's as if he tries too hard to fit in. 

Never seen a more fake person to donn the Indian team shirt.

I agree to quite an extent about hardik.

But God has made us with some differences- some guys are crazy, kinda fake, they like show off a lot, even kambli was like that.

body tatoo's n all that.

but there is some thing different about this guy...

HIS confidence is extremely HIGH- he thinks himself as if he is as important as VIRAT kohli in the team, smiles at the bowlers bowling at him= kinda exhibits a lot of confidence, some times hits very impressive big Shots and bats like Kapildev used to do, i mean murders some Spinners at will like Kapil dev.

his BOwling is no where close to Kapildev's bowling..if kapildev would get a 9 on 10..this guy would get a 5 on 10 and shankar would get a 2.5 on 10 and binny wud get a 4 on 10 as he some times also swing the ball.

but on fielding if i wud give hardik 9 on 10 , kapil was 5 on 10, binny 4 on 10 and shankar 3 on 10.

in batting kapil cud get 6 on 10 where as hardik cud get 5 on 10 and shankar wud get a 4 on 10.

Kohli seemed much bigger fukra ( a good for nothing show off) before he started winning matches for us.

He is still a big fukra
Even if he breaks all of Sachin's record, he will never be remembered for his cricketing achievements.
Already casual audience know him more for his MC-BC, Weird Bollywood Hobnobbing and marrying Anushka Sharma .
After 50 yrs, he will be remembered as the cricketer who managed to marry a A- grade filmstar while his teammates had to stick with C-D grade ones.
This one pic summarizes his entire legacy as a celebrity :
f54c6415d2d4db1e1a627a64edae1f2c.jpg

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He is still a big fukra
Even if he breaks all of Sachin's record, he will never be remembered for his cricketing achievements.
Already casual audience know him more for his MC-BC, Weird Bollywood Hobnobbing and marrying Anushka Sharma .
After 50 yrs, he will be remembered as the cricketer who managed to marry a A- grade filmstar while his teammates had to stick with C-D grade ones.emoji16.png

That's true. The guy would never manage to capture fans' imagination like Tendu did.

Show off

13 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I mean check his Instagram out. Guy is a real life embodiment of a wannabe.

His antics are so annoying that I don't even know where to start. 

It's as if he tries too hard to fit in. 

Never seen a more fake person to donn the Indian team shirt.

Sure Gujju Lukdya is a cringy fool, and a fugly one at that.  But to each his own.  What I find a bit sadder is someone stalking his instagram and then whining about it.  

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He is still a big fukra
After 50 yrs, he will be remembered as the cricketer who managed to marry a A- grade filmstar while his teammates had to stick with C-D grade ones.emoji16.png

What??

I totally disagree.

Kohli is a legend now. 

6 hours ago, philcric said:

Just from the currently active players  ...

Andre Russell, Dwayne Bravo, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine, Chris Morris, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Shakib Al Hasan, Shane Watson etc.

It is oK to mouth off just like you did. I picked Shakib Hasan and he was not in top 30 bat in IPL nor top 40 bowler. What exactly is your point?

1 hour ago, Khota said:

It is oK to mouth off just like you did. I picked Shakib Hasan and he was not in top 30 bat in IPL nor top 40 bowler. What exactly is your point?

Are you being deliberately thick ?

The point is blindingly obvious .. some players have the ability with both bat and bowl .. your assertion that no player can both bat and bowl well is wrong, factually.

Andre Russell and Sunil Narine had good IPL with both bat and ball.

The likes of Bravo, Stokes, Ali, Woakes, Shakib and Watson have done well with both bat and ball in international cricket over the years. That's a fact.

I picked Shakib Hasan and he was not in top 30 bat in IPL nor top 40 bowler.

Shakib was #14 among the bowlers with most wickets this IPL. He also has 10,000 runs and 500 wickets in international cricket.

Indian culture and mindset is about class and caste, yes he was apoor guy and seems to be bit like a show off, but he hasn't cheated, fixed matches, fought with his team mates or been indisciplined?

I think Hardik has a lot of talent and is a natural, hopefully he will mature, he works very hard on his fitness , fielding ,yes his style comes of like a Ghati wannabe or a Patel wannabe but who cares, he has performed decently till date and you cannot hate on some one just based on that, look at Gayle , Barbie they for me are cringe worth with some Pakistani cricketers.

Indians have this colonial mindset and infiriority complex and demure, subjugated guys even if selfish they prefer, guys like Dhoni, even Sachin for his personal records, same with Gavaskar.

Kohli is the face of current gen, confident, fit, and not meek, I see a lot of uncle Tom's here in US who try to be Soo much like the whiteys but poor guys n girls look like Tribals fro Andaman , that comes from not having confidence in your self and denial

And what exactly are you cringing about? Just because he doesn't follow the lifestyle as per your wish, doesn't make his capricious lifestyle any bad. 

Scrutinizing his cricketing skills is fine and then discussion can venture into his lifestyle, but it's bit odd to make a thread about his lifestyle and then bring along his cricketing career as a side boost to prove your point. 

I don't follow him on Insta because I find him cringy too, but that's none of my business to tell him how he should behave. He can have an affair with Anushka for all I care, as long as he delivers on cricketing field. 

Edited by Scar
1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

Indian culture and mindset is about class and caste, yes he was apoor guy and seems to be bit like a show off, but he hasn't cheated, fixed matches, fought with his team mates or been indisciplined?

I think Hardik has a lot of talent and is a natural, hopefully he will mature, he works very hard on his fitness , fielding ,yes his style comes of like a Ghati wannabe or a Patel wannabe but who cares, he has performed decently till date and you cannot hate on some one just based on that, look at Gayle , Barbie they for me are cringe worth with some Pakistani cricketers.

Indians have this colonial mindset and infiriority complex and demure, subjugated guys even if selfish they prefer, guys like Dhoni, even Sachin for his personal records, same with Gavaskar.

Kohli is the face of current gen, confident, fit, and not meek, I see a lot of uncle Tom's here in US who try to be Soo much like the whiteys but poor guys n girls look like Tribals fro Andaman , that comes from not having confidence in your self and denial

:hatsoff:

Sad that so many here are making fun of Pandya based on looks and style.  Sad thread!

And of all the peoples...desi's passing certificates.... lose-lose situation... soch lo...

That's true. The guy would never manage to capture fans' imagination like Tendu did.
Show off

I remember people having a soft corner for VK when he debuted despite his OTT antics because honestly, people thought he was frank and honest.
Also, people do have a weird liking towards rebels.
That's why even small town ladka MS Dhoni got popular despite his showbiz nonsense and coloured hair among the hordes of clean cut Dravid ,SRT, Ganguly.

But VK lost the initial momentum when his ego inflated beyond the permissible threshold and now he comes out as an obnoxious entitled social Climber
Now no amount of fake charity and good behaviour can help his reputation.
And the cringeworthy VirUshka PR is seriously taking his fame into a downward swirl.
His efforts in being youth icon and making people aware of social issues is also a big fail as he has very less public connect and his attitude is horrible.
Even While doing Awareness campaigns , he remains drunk with his arrogance and tries to moral police people into the cause with his condascending tone and missionary school headmaster attitude.
He is the crap.
His Popularity is not going to survive after his retirement.

Jealous Sachin fan .. I mean u hate hate Kohli all you want He will break most of Sachin's records and He is already Legend

Anyway Hardik thinks he is Kohli  nor he has talent like Kohli nor looks or any personality
I am not a Sachin Fan...I am speaking more from a general audience perspective.
It is a big truth that Kohli is more known for his Anushka antics than his cricket among people who do not follow the game ardently.

Gosh, what has he done to offend this sensitive lot ? Haircuts, clothes, cars, girls, that's it ? The kind of words put out here to describe him (sadakchaap tapori, rickshaw wala tapori, sadakchap mawali, ghati/gujju whatever) are much more disgusting than the posing. So what if he's a poser, he's not some gangster who kills or rapes for fun to deserve this much hate. 

Criticize him for his performances on the field. Even in that aspect, he gets undue flak, given that he's not an Ian Botham or Imran Khan, he's finding his feet in various forms of the game and then there's been so many passengers in our team for a long time. 

That famous quote seems to apply here: Perfect is the enemy of good. This is Hardik's curse in front of the critics, just because he isn't an out and out performer from the get go, he will get all kinds of flak visible here despite the potential exhibited on the field. 

For once, look beyond the surface (clothes, hairstyle, girlfriends) & consider the work ethic required to bowl like him, smash spinners like he does, have his fielding abilities and his type of physique. 

Edited by Clarke
4 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Even While doing Awareness campaigns , he remains drunk with his arrogance and tries to moral police people into the cause with his condascending tone and missionary school headmaster attitude.
He is the crap.

Their latest stunt while praiseworthy for the vigilantism against people with zero civic sense, reeks of hypocricy.

First the guy (kohli)drinks only evion mineral water ....even at home.He create a mountain of plastic waste all on his own, then he has the hypocricy of recording his wife giving moral lecture to a guy littering.

How about she first give him a lecture on how not to pollute the planet with plastic bottles. Dilli ka banda now acts like a delicate daisy . Ghar mein RO nahi hai kya?

This is the same hypocricy his wife showed when she asked people to not fire crackers for diwali for the sake of animals but has no problems eating crabs that are usually boiled alive.

Such a fake cringeworthy couple.

Edited by beetle