Shittiest State in the Union, literally - West Bangladesh.

surajmal

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Bengali's are busy solving problem of other states , nations , debating online, offline .Who has time for petty work like cleaning

Woke Bengali romanticizing "beautiful" Kolkata while comfortably living in Ithaca, New York. Ithaca just happens to be the city where  Professor saab teaches at Cornell University(Ivy League). :dance:

three cheers for bhaskar anna :cheer:

Edited by FischerTal

20 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

you need an educated public for that. 

Education and the drive to remain clean and green may not have a strong link

For e.g. the lack of initiative to keep public places clean could be a cultural problem as when I go to public washrooms I notice that Desi don’t tend to flush relatively speaking. Littering is also widely prevalent 

if if we don’t have the drive to keep our own country clean and green, what motivation would we have to protect and care for the country

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

When sane people shared this video and expressed disgust they were branded as Islamophobes.

In an unrelated topic, if 'sane' people decided to decry about the hygiene standards ( or apparent lack thereof) in Dhaka on a Bakri Id day, it *is* Islamophobic. Cleanliness has a lot more to do with basic civic sense that people develop than religious practices.

And this is a case of ritual slaughter! As a comparative example, do you think that the Kalighat area/temple in Kolkata would be particularly clean after a bali?

@zen The West hasn't reached its current levels of cleanliness overnight. During its rather bloody rise as a industrial superpower, Western Cities were what cities of India would seem today. Lots of slum area, child labour,  rife epidemic and crime (that may still be the case) etc. Read Oliver Twist, for instance.

Edited by Mariyam

^ Kolkata is dirty. Last time i visited, I felt that the sweet Rasogulla, I ordered had some smell. Cleanliness doesnt go well with animal slaughter.

Even in west they ensure that slaughterhouses are kept at sufficient distance away from people.

Couple of years back, there was one incident whereby one chicken abettoir (Council never named it for backlash) was closed because the way they were disposing meat cause a swarm of flies in nearby villages and town

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

In an unrelated topic, if 'sane' people decided to decry about the hygiene standards ( or apparent lack thereof) in Dhaka on a Bakri Id day, it *is* Islamophobic. Cleanliness has a lot more to do with basic civic sense that people develop than religious practices.

And this is a case of ritual slaughter! As a comparative example, do you think that the Kalighat area/temple in Kolkata would be particularly clean after a bali?

I am opposed to ritual slaughter in temple premises, especially done in front of kids because not only does it desensitize them to violence/bloodshed but is also very unhygienic. Slaughter should be done by professional butchers in well maintained (and routinely inspected) slaughter houses via scientific means that maintain hygiene and also reduce animal cruelty. I am glad many Hindu places of worship have discontinued this barbaric practice...Bengal and Assam still need to do better on this front. Last time I went to Kamakhya, I was happy to note that the number of animal sacrifices had dropped...hopefully it is discontinued one day in temple premises, alternatives can be worked out to comply with rituals/traditions away from children in a more eco friendly manner. I am pretty sure Muslims will never stop their practice....not that I expect them to but things should be done differently in accordance with modern times...population now is different compared to 7th century Arabia. If there were rivers of blood because of some Hindu festival I am confident every sane Hindu would have condemned it in the strongest possible terms. There is a reason Gadhimai festival (Nepal) has been discontinued, Hindus aren't hesitant to look inwards and curb evils...process is slow and has roadblocks but is slowly yet surely happening.

Coming to Bakrid what is the need for every Muslim family to slaughter animals? Doesn't it all look excessive? Pretty sure plenty of meat will be wasted because not everyone will have provisions to store the voluminous amount. I am not asking Muslims to stop celebrating Bakrid. But why not do it more scientifically..like 30 people coming together to sacrifice 1 animal to prevent wastage (and help municipal sanitation workers; pardon me I am veg, but I guess 1 goat for 1 family looks way too much). This way the number of animals to be sacrificed will lessen and things can be done more scientifically....i.e. no more slaughters on terraces, apartments and roads. That will go a long way in maintaining hygiene. I have seen the day after Bakrid in Kolkata where carcasses and smelly entrails will be lying here and there. Muslim community should come together and do it in a more sensible way...celebrate it but don't overdo it. If 10 million animals are going to be sacrificed in a single day it is tough even for civic authorities to maintain cleanliness. Besides unlike in slaughter houses doing these things elsewhere may cause problems with regards to drainage and waste disposal. The Dhaka blood river is an indictment on the rigidity of desi Muslim society as much as it is on subcontinent's inherent weaknesses in infrastructure/sanitation. If I am branded an Islamophobe for chastising this disgusting sight on Bakrid day, I will wear it as a badge of honour. 

Edited by Gollum

23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am opposed to ritual slaughter in temple premises, especially done in front of kids because not only does it desensitize them from violence/bloodshed but is also very unhygienic. Slaughter should be done by professional butchers in well maintained (and routinely inspected) slaughter houses via scientific means that maintain hygiene and also reduce animal cruelty. I am glad many Hindu places of worship have discontinued this barbaric practice...Bengal and Assam still need to do better on this front. Last time I went to Kamakhya, I was happy to note that the number of animal sacrifices had dropped...hopefully it is discontinued one day in temple premises, alternatives can be worked out to comply with rituals/traditions away from children in a more eco friendly manner. I am pretty sure Muslims will never stop their practice....not that I expect them to but things should be done differently in accordance with modern times...population now is different compared to 7th century Arabia. If there were rivers of blood because of some Hindu festival I am confident every sane Hindu would have condemned it in the strongest possible terms. There is a reason Gadhimai festival (Nepal) has been discontinued, Hindus aren't hesitant to look inwards and curb evils...process is slow and has roadblocks but is slowly yet surely happening.

Coming to Bakrid what is the need for every Muslim family to slaughter animals? Doesn't it all look excessive? Pretty sure plenty of meat will be wasted because not everyone will have provisions to store the voluminous amount. I am not asking Muslims to stop celebrating Bakrid. But why not do it more scientifically..like 30 people coming together to sacrifice 1 animal to prevent wastage (and help municipal sanitation workers; pardon me I am veg, but I guess 1 goat for 1 family looks way too much). This way the number of animals to be sacrificed will lessen and things can be done more scientifically....i.e. no more slaughters on terraces, apartments and roads. That will go a long way in maintaining hygiene. I have seen the day after Bakrid in Kolkata where carcasses and smelly entrails will be lying here and there. Muslim community should come together and do it in a more sensible way...celebrate it but don't overdo it. If 10 million animals are going to be sacrificed in a single day it is tough even for civic authorities to maintain cleanliness. Besides unlike in slaughter houses doing these things elsewhere may cause problems with regards to drainage and waste disposal. The Dhaka blood river is an indictment on the rigidity of desi Muslim society as much as it is on subcontinent's inherent weaknesses in infrastructure/sanitation. If I am branded an Islamophobe for chastising this disgusting sight on Bakrid day, I will wear it as a badge of honour. 

Top post 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Muslims will never stop their practice....not that I expect them to but things should be done differently in accordance with modern times...population now is different compared to 7th century Arabia. If there were rivers of blood because of some Hindu festival I am confident every sane Hindu would have condemned it in the strongest possible terms.

Truer words were never spoken in icf lol. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

The Dhaka blood river is an indictment on the rigidity of desi Muslim society as much as it is on subcontinent's inherent weaknesses in infrastructure/sanitation.

Were there rivers of blood stained floods in WB too ? 

And if its specific to BD we should not color all Indian muslims with it though. 

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

This is incorrect. Calling for crackers to be discontinued during deepavali is not hinduphobic for instance. Its just a practice that is no longer acceptable and needsbto be reformed. Reforms are acceptable in religions.

Innovation/Reform or Bidah is not acceptable in Islam so you are in wrong there.

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Were there rivers of blood stained floods in WB too ? 

And if its specific to BD we should not color all Indian muslims with it though. 

That day there was heavy rain in Dhaka and hence the red flood, you know how the drains get clogged up in our cities when that happens. Unfortunately it was Bakrid day and hence the disgusting sight, unprecedented in fact.

Greater Dhaka has over 2 crore population with 92% Muslim population, besides it is very unplanned and filthy like Kolkata. You can imagine the amount of bloodshed when every family there decided to sacrifice a cow/bull/goat/camel. I read somewhere that that day because of heavy rain most of the residents avoided doing the sacrifice in government designated areas. As a result they all did it outside their homes, on the streets, etc and hence the ensuing gory sight.

Luckily for us during Bakrid time usually the S.W Monsoon is in receding phase and N.E Monsoon is yet to develop. Moreover we don't have such a heavy concentration of Muslims in our cities...pretty sure there will be some hygiene issues in Muslim majority regions in some of the metros. I have seen this lack of hygiene a day after Bakrid in Kolkata in a Muslim area called Kiddepore. There were carcasses, bones and innards spewed on the streets...can very well imagine a similar sight in some parts of Kolkata if rain decides to play havoc.

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, nikred said:

But parivartan sansar ka niyam hai. emoji53.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Propaganda spread by heretics to brainwash their followers :) 

Islam in it's original form was the best gift bestowed upon the humankind and any attempts to bring Innovations into it are rightly condemned and considered sacrilegious.