Austin 3:!6

India A tour of England-IND A Win tourney!

40 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

T20s are all about scoring quickly.  Rahane does not so does not get out. Mayank does and got out.

he is not even scoring them like narine so thats no excuse

18-20 will never get u a place. Their are others also who score quick n big . Yes he is loosing wkts in trying to score big but that he shud have figured out by now how to build his innings . In top order in t20 they have time , i can get that if he wud have been batting at 5,6,7

Iyer is not that gr8 in t20, he also has converted his starts 

A good player not suited for t20s will atleast still get some runs under his belt in IPL or atleast have below avg ipl, his was very poor. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8746/scorecard/1145666/india-a-vs-west-indies-a-6th-match-tri-nation-a-team-series-2018-2018

Pant opened today n got out on 5
Shaw among runs again
vihari also batting well 
I think Shaw needed the break.
He is not bad , but I think he is that kind of player who gets tired very very quickly and tends to lose his form if he plays too much.
Even Pant is kinda similar TBH.
He gets runs , and then suddenly his form drops..

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I think Shaw needed the break.
He is not bad , but I think he is that kind of player who gets tired very very quickly and tends to lose his form if he plays too much.
Even Pant is kinda similar TBH.
He gets runs , and then suddenly his form drops..

ye kya logic, no one cane make runs in every innings . At their age they need to play max cricket to gain as much exp as possible 

ye kya logic, no one cane make runs in every innings . At their age they need to play max cricket to gain as much exp as possible 

I am not criticising him.
That's what I have noticed with Shaw TBH.
There is a pattern of him starting with a bang and then starting to flop in both the IPL and this A tour.
He will improve but that's my observation

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I am not criticising him.
That's what I have noticed with Shaw TBH.
There is a pattern of him starting with a bang and then starting to flop in both the IPL and this A tour.
He will improve but that's my observation

Pant scored throughout the IPL, it was samson who lost his wat

Shaw started playing mid way only and opposition realised he has a weakness against spin so they started exploiting it 

Pant scored throughout the IPL, it was samson who lost his wat
Shaw started playing mid way only and opposition realised he has a weakness against spin so they started exploiting it 

I din't talk about Pant In IPLs.

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Kishan should opened, not Pant.  Pant should be prepared for MO.

I'm not so sure about that.  I wouldn't mind seeing Pant replace Dhawan at the top in a couple of years, with a license to just go bang.  I strongly believe that India's #4 problem in ODIs should be solved by adding a 3rd opener at the top, and asking all 3 to bat unselfishly with the goal to get the innings momentum rolling.  Let Kohli control the middle overs after the 12th over or so.  Whether that's as #3 or #4.  

Back to Pant, if he demonstrates that he can bat well against the new ball and better bowlers - let him be our QdK style enforcer at the top.  We need to re-define the ODI opener's role anyway -  I don't want a Brohit style slow starter at the top anymore.  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I wouldn't mind seeing Pant replace Dhawan at the top in a couple of years, with a license to just go bang.  I strongly believe that India's #4 problem in ODIs should be solved by adding a 3rd opener at the top, and asking all 3 to bat unselfishly with the goal to get the innings momentum rolling.  Let Kohli control the middle overs after the 12th over or so.  Whether that's as #3 or #4.  

Back to Pant, if he demonstrates that he can bat well against the new ball and better bowlers - let him be our QdK style enforcer at the top.  We need to re-define the ODI opener's role anyway -  I don't want a Brohit style slow starter at the top anymore.  

actually i dnt mind both of them opening but both have to tighten up some areas

Kishen - if the ball moves around he will struggle even more then rohit n dhawan ( same is the Case with Shaw)

Pant - im not to sure about his batting against short pitch as of now 

But m sure with time they ll get better 

2 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

I pity some of these guys... they have everything... technique, temperament, runs in the bank... but no one's going to get a chance to play for India as long as the rat remains captain.

Even these guys have several technical flaws and wud be exploited in international cricket 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Even these guys have several technical flaws and wud be exploited in international cricket 

They do and these kinds of tours will help them immensely. I'm just saying that no matter how many they score, they will not get opportunities while the rat is in charge.

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Even Kishan can go bang bang as an opener not far behind Pant as a stroke maker but not many can bat in the middle the way Pant can or has shown in the IPL.

Just now, Sandeep99 said:

They do and these kinds of tours will help them immensely. I'm just saying that no matter how many they score, they will not get opportunities while the rat is in charge.

coz u cnt throw other if they are performing

Yuvraj was thrown out when he didnt. Yes their wud be few bias but that was happened in every capatin's era and will keep happening under every captain 

Right now indian team has only 2 slots open 4 n 6

Most of them are scoring in top 3 , but their is no place . So u might see krunal breaking in team before mayank or shaw who are piling on runs coz krunal makes no 6 slot . Openers slot n even backups looks locked. All they can do is keep scoring n improving coz some day opp will come n they have to be ready for it 

1 minute ago, Sandeep99 said:

It makes me doubt Dravid's credibility as a coach!

Dravid hand-picked likes of Shivam Mavi who was not in the originally planned U19 squad, but was in the warmup squad that played England at home. Dravid saw him and his quality and drafted him in the squad for that series and played ahead of originally picked bowlers. So, i wont question Dravid's judgment of talent.

There is a reason I find the recent Dravid an overhyped coach and his recent rise in popularity cringeworthy.
He is not a very good coach
He just have a good track record at the lower levels since U19/A levels are not taken very seriously by the boards.
His Experimental coaching style works well there but at the topmost level, he usually flops.
I don't take IPL seriously but his DD/RR stints were less than satisfactory.
He is no Kirsten, Moody or Hesson
And I don't think he is the right person to take charge of the Senior Team after Shastri to be honest.
We need a real coach and not Bewda Cheerleader but Rahul is not that guy.
Kumble is actually better as a caoch but we know what actually happened.
Sourav Ganguly is the one who I really trust as a Future Coach in post Virat times but knowing him, he will prefer the post of BCCI president.

5 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

vijay shankar is a quality player, he did well with bowl in Nidhas

Its just that he hasnt been able to convert his chances...may be short on confidence. But thats what dravid job is if u see talent back him specially when its tough phase. Also he is the only other seaming all rounder option apart from pandya as of now 

Whats wrong in backing a player, isnt that why we regd ganguly so highly coz he backed yuvraj, zak n sehwag were so inconsistent 

Dravid hand-picked likes of Shivam Mavi who was not in the originally planned U19 squad, but was in the warmup squad that played England at home. Dravid saw him and his quality and drafted him in the squad for that series and played ahead of originally picked bowlers. So, i wont question Dravid's judgment of talent.
Dravid is a good judge of talent but I think he is too fickle minded and ultimately scattered brained for top level.
His coaching ultimately reminds me of his stint as ODI captain.

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dravid is a good judge of talent but I think he is too fickle minded and ultimately scattered brained for top level.

made pretty less sense, please explain

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

under him only we became a good chasing side in Odi 

19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

vijay shankar is a quality player, he did well with bowl in Nidhas

Its just that he hasnt been able to convert his chances...may be short on confidence. But thats what dravid job is if u see talent back him specially when its tough phase. Also he is the only other seaming all rounder option apart from pandya as of now 

Whats wrong in backing a player, isnt that why we regd ganguly so highly coz he backed yuvraj, zak n sehwag were so inconsistent 

There is one more who needs to be groomed and that is Prerak Mankad from Saurashtra. He is medium pace and bats in top 6, has an SR of 113 list A though early days for him.

20 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Our record under his captaincy was great.  Don't just go by what happened in 2007 WC.   

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Kishan can go bang bang as an opener not far behind Pant as a stroke maker but not many can bat in the middle the way Pant can or has shown in the IPL.

All I'm saying is that its early enough in Pant's career that he doesn't need to be pigeonholed as a lower middle order bat.  Give him opportunities at all slots and see how he handles it and develops.   Same with a Kishan or a Gill.  

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Our record under his captaincy was great.  Don't just go by what happened in 2007 WC.   

I feel Dravid is a cerebral guy and has good analytical thinking, but wasn't quite the best in terms of decision making under the gun.  He's well suited for being a mentor/coach for the 'A' team.  

One shouldn't read too much into scorecards of games, and especially developmental games like 'A' teams.  But having said that, I can't help but think that Vihari's innings here has been on the slower side of things.  Look at the context of his innings - Until Shaw got out in the 28th over or so, the team RR was above 6.5.  At that point, Vihari was well-settled and had his 'eye in'.  He should have shouldered the team momentum from there on.  But he's at basically a run-a-ball.  Not great IMO.  

In a high scoring game, against a weak opposition that's already been knocked out of the tournament and has lost all its games - to score barely run-a-ball - AFTER crossing 50?  How do you justify that?  Its not like there was a collapse at the other end either.  

Just now, RAZPOR said:

pant not doing himself any favors.

Why? Because he got out?  That happens to batsmen.  You should be more forgiving of dismissals for batsmen if they get out in their first few balls, as opposed to a guy who gets out after facing 30-odd.  Sometimes good batsmen will get out to a decent ball early in their innings.  Its not book cricket you know. 

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

One shouldn't read too much into scorecards of games, and especially developmental games like 'A' teams.  But having said that, I can't help but think that Vihari's innings here has been on the slower side of things.  Look at the context of his innings - Until Shaw got out in the 28th over or so, the team RR was above 6.5.  At that point, Vihari was well-settled and had his 'eye in'.  He should have shouldered the team momentum from there on.  But he's at basically a run-a-ball.  Not great IMO.  

In a high scoring game, against a weak opposition that's already been knocked out of the tournament and has lost all its games - to score barely run-a-ball - AFTER crossing 50?  How do you justify that?  Its not like there was a collapse at the other end either.  

these small things will come n bite him when he ll compete with shubhman gill or a KL rahul . Shubhaman gill might be a bit young now but he is tremendously talented and as he gets better his extra talent will challenge Vihari atleast in LOI

Guest, sign in to access all features.