Austin 3:!6

India A tour of England-IND A Win tourney!

Great. Blood him in the team....
I wanted to say that there should be a proper competition between players of similar skill sets and not pigeonholing of players.
Pigeonholing is the reason we have so less of pace bowling all rounders and wk-bats.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I wanted to say that there should be a proper competition between players of similar skill sets and not pigeonholing of players.
Pigeonholing is the reason we have so less of pace bowling all rounders and wk-bats.

Pant is already not treated fair by the team management because of people's insecurity. 

He has to perform  really well ...probably far more than others to be given a fair chance. 

Ishaan has no issues. He does not make some people insecure.That is an advantage.

Pant is already not treated fair by the team management because of people's insecurity. 
He has to perform  really well ...probably far more than others to be given a fair chance. 
Ishaan has no issues. He does not make some people insecure.That is an advantage.

I think everybody should be given a fair chance in developmental tours like this.

Pant is favoured by the selection team IMO.
However, Dhoni seems him as a threat and that's why Pant seem to struggle into getting into the top level.
We should not really pigeonhole players into their roles.
We should aim to have a competitive pool of players and everyone have to fight for their places.
See, even the likes of Neymar , Messi Cristiano Ronaldo aren't as automatic selections as a Kohli or a Rohit Sharma are.
They have to earn their place.
Our selectors like stability a lot due to marketing reasons that's why we have Wriddhiman Sahas, Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Kartiks in our hand after Dhoni.
I don't think it is right to groom and mould a particular player for a specific role- rather everybody should be given an equal chance.
Why we are up with the thought that Axar Patel is the next Jaddu and Rishabh Pant the Next Dhoni?
Infact, it would have been better if these stereotyping didn't exist.
What would happen if there comes a wk-bat who is even more talented than Pant?
We should not just kill his dream to represent the nation by manmarking a particular player for a role that is specialized.

Man marking doesn't work in sports.
It is like having only one goalkeeper in the country.
It is only working in cricket because the number of countries is small.
People are either uninterested in the game or are emerging nations.

If we kicked out dhoni from t20s 10 years ago like we should have, we wouldn't have this problem!!!
Exactly.
None thought to invest in another younger player and let him compete with Dhoni.
This automatic selections in some slot is gonna cost India in future.

8 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I think everybody should be given a fair chance in developmental tours like this.

Pant is favoured by the selection team IMO.
However, Dhoni seems him as a threat and that's why Pant seem to struggle into getting into the top level.
We should not really pigeonhole players into their roles.
We should aim to have a competitive pool of players and everyone have to fight for their places.
See, even the likes of Neymar , Messi Cristiano Ronaldo aren't as automatic selections as a Kohli or a Rohit Sharma are.
They have to earn their place.
Our selectors like stability a lot due to marketing reasons that's why we have Wriddhiman Sahas, Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Kartiks in our hand after Dhoni.
I don't think it is right to groom and mould a particular player for a specific role- rather everybody should be given an equal chance.
Why we are up with the thought that Axar Patel is the next Jaddu and Rishabh Pant the Next Dhoni?
Infact, it would have been better if these stereotyping didn't exist.
What would happen if there comes a wk-bat who is even more talented than Pant?
We should not just kill his dream to represent the nation by manmarking a particular player for a role that is specialized.

Man marking doesn't work in sports.
It is like having only one goalkeeper in the country.
It is only working in cricket because the number of countries is small.
People are either uninterested in the game or are emerging nations.

I don't think Pant is being favoured.

He had a brilliant t20 but was not selected for the national t 20 team.

Even for the A team...he was only selected for ODI and not the 4 day matches. 

He has  now got in as an after thought. 

He is the best up coming wk batsmen, hence getting selected. 

Ishaan is also a part of the team.

If someone better comes along...he should too get chances.

Pant can't be removed just to provide equality.some one better has to come along to remove him.

I don't think Pant is being favoured.
He had a brilliant t20 but was not selected for the national t 20 team.

Even for the A team...he was only selected for ODI and not the 4 day matches. 
He has  now got in as an after thought. 

He is the best up coming wk batsmen, hence getting selected. 
Ishaan is also a part of the team.
If someone better comes along...he should too get chances.
Pant can't be removed just to provide equality.some one better has to come along to remove him.

These are developmental games.
People should get equal chances to prove themselves.
Yes, Pant is talented but there should be enough chances for other players to develop too.
As far as I see, he would have been pushed into the national team and **** over there if not because of Thala Dhoni's ego.
He has already got his chance in the national Team and that speaks for how one sided (and shallow) our sporting mechanism is.
We boast about quality supply chain of cricketers yet try to pigeonhole players into specific role.
And India only wins in Cricket because the bigger nations don't care and the nations who want to care don't have enough money+resources.

He was not selected for the T20 team because he failed in that Nidahas Trophy
And KL Rahul was benched in favour of playing Pant.
And the thing that he got pushed into the 4day squad without performing big in Ranjis prove that the management is indeed somewhat biased towards him.
I know he is a performer but people are really biased too.

You can't just mark someone as best something because that makes the person egoistic.
There should a competitive pool for every position.

Given the number of wannabe cricketers we have , we could have easily built up a much better system.
But no!
We are still in the zamana of pigeonholing.

These are developmental games.
People should get equal chances to prove themselves.
Yes, Pant is talented but there should be enough chances for other players to develop too.
As far as I see, he would have been pushed into the national team and **** over there if not because of Thala Dhoni's ego.
He has already got his chance in the national Team and that speaks for how one sided (and shallow) our sporting mechanism is.
We boast about quality supply chain of cricketers yet try to pigeonhole players into specific role.
And India only wins in Cricket because the bigger nations don't care and the nations who want to care don't have enough money+resources.

He was not selected for the T20 team because he failed in that Nidahas Trophy
And KL Rahul was benched in favour of playing Pant.
And the thing that he got pushed into the 4day squad without performing big in Ranjis prove that the management is indeed somewhat biased towards him.
I know he is a performer but people are really biased too.

You can't just mark someone as best something because that makes the person egoistic.
There should a competitive pool for every position.

Given the number of wannabe cricketers we have , we could have easily built up a much better system.
But no!
We are still in the zamana of pigeonholing.

Pant got into team based on performance.

He did not play well so was sent back to domestic. He has again been selected in A team based on recent performance.

Where is the pigeonholing if both pant and Ishaan are getting chances. 

He is a dashing wk batsmen. He can play as middle order or opening batsmen. He is being seen in those roles only . 

His Fan memes won't get any one selected at this level. Performance karna padega.

He did very well in ipl. Did well in A tour  . Let us see how he does in 4 day matches

Edited by beetle

One thing I noticed watching Gill, his footwork needs work. He seems uncertain in his movement. 

In a way, shows great skill at being able to commit late and still play the way he has been, but at the same time seems like he could get caught out by decent bowlers  

Pant did not get to play the first few matches while Ishaan missed out today but played the earlier ones.
Looks like both are getting chances.

Anyways we need at least 2 keepers ready for future.
With the amount of cricket being played...no one keeper can play all matches.

Exactly.
But I think Kishaan significantly gets less playing time than Pant.
Ofcourse he is the worst player but in no ways Pant should be allowed to get chipkaoed with a fevicol ala Dhoni to the team.
There should always be a ready fight for a place in the team but that unlikely will happen because cricket is more about making money and creating superstars out of players.

The only thing that is stopping Pant from making merry in the national team is that Dhoni is against him.
Else he would have become a regular by now.
Pant has a lot of backers IMO.

I honestly want to see the time when selectors will want to drop Thalaiva in favour of Pant and how ballistic he grows.
Thalaiva is no Sachin who takes a holy retirement and then try to give gyaan as a brand ambassador.
He is a master player of politics.
That will be one paisa vasool boardroom politics.

Pant got into team based on performance.
He did not play well so was sent back to domestic. He has again been selected in A team based on recent performance.
Where is the pigeonholing if both pant and Ishaan are getting chances. 
He is a dashing wk batsmen. He can play as middle order or opening batsmen. He is being seen in those roles only . 

His Fan memes won't get any one selected at this level. Performance karna padega.
He did very well in ipl. Did well in A tour  . Let us see how he does in 4 day matches

He will do good, but at the end- Dinu Kartik will get selected.
Or he'll again fail at the international level and go out.
One thing I am very sure- Dhoni will never let him become his successor.

One thing I noticed watching Gill, his footwork needs work. He seems uncertain in his movement. 
In a way, shows great skill at being able to commit late and still play the way he has been, but at the same time seems like he could get caught out by decent bowlers  

And people wanted him to get fast tracked.

If that happens...then dhoni will prove himself to be a really small person.
Oh, Dhoni will whitewash himself and become a saint.
His PR is indomitable and he doesn't crash his car into the ditch like Sachin.
I feel he has already started setting up for the Post-Dhoni future.
Which may or may not include Pant.
But one thing sure, he will not let anybody ever think of dropping him.

Oh, Dhoni will whitewash himself and become a saint.
His PR is indomitable and he doesn't crash his car into the ditch like Sachin.
I feel he has already started setting up for the Post-Dhoni future.
Which may or may not include Pant.
But one thing sure, he will not let anybody ever think of dropping him.

Sachin crashed his car? When was this? :rotfl:

Sachin crashed his car? When was this? :rotfl:
Oh I was talking about his disastrous Ferrari incident and his Parliament Stint which he tried to whitewash himself by donating his salary and flopped hard.

Guest, sign in to access all features.