Arjun Tendulkar trains with Team India, gets tips from Shastri

I dnt see people complaining regd yuvraj singh, yograj singh provided him with every possible facility during his childhood days in his capacity which was far better facilities then most youngsters. Every father will do watever in his capacity for their children. Tendulkar can provide more and he is , what is wrong. At the end if he is good he ll make or he wnt, nepotism doesnt make runs for u or take wkts . It isnt every star player son was a flop. Nepotism is such misused word, just becoz ur father was someone doesnt make u bad.

Rather looking at petty things we shud look at improvment of arjun, just posted his action video and he looks to have improved leaps n bounces which is so evident. 

Easy to say  "oh is lucky" , if this guy fails for one game just notice the circus he ll face, any other cricketer failing will get support compare to him. If he gets an advantage somewhere their wud be places he wud get the disadvantage as well

M baffled to read some comments here saying he is a gabage, Tumne dekha kya usko khelte ????

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Yeah, he is depriving other more deserving guys of those chances being in position of power. 

My friends and their families visit my office for lunch, guess that's nepotism. Hate makes people believe anything.

If your friends and families are getting advantage over other people to get an internship or any type of experience/exposure in your office then it is called nepotism. If Arjun got a chance to play with England boys in nets, thats clear nepotism. People dont get such exposure even after working their ass off for life in our crazy competitive country. Though whatever he does after getting selected will be his own, but right now he is clearly at advantageous position thanks to being a Tendulkar.

"nepotism"is a new word which some have added to their vocabulary of late,so I can understand some people jump out of their seats screaming "NEPOTISM","WHATTA HUGE NEPOTISM "."Great NEPOTISMMANSHIP yaar "even when their ipl stars hit sixes in 'n' number of repeat telecasts  

26 minutes ago, Shunya said:

If your friends and families are getting advantage over other people to get an internship or any type of experience/exposure in your office then it is called nepotism. If Arjun got a chance to play with England boys in nets, thats clear nepotism. People dont get such exposure even after working their ass off for life in our crazy competitive country. Though whatever he does after getting selected will be his own, but right now he is clearly at advantageous position thanks to being a Tendulkar.

Why does company endorse/promote referrals. Do you think that's a nepotism? if it is so we have nepotism everywhere and it is a normal thing Shouldn't have a discussion on it.

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How does any type of unpaid, non-contractual or unofficial exposure counts as nepotism.

My office organizes a seminar which is open for all. I ask my friends to attend it, then it becomes nepotism since there are millions of people who won't get such exposure in this competitive country.

Pretty sure thousands of people benefit from discussions about the work done in different offices and none of those count as nepotism.

Bowling in nets to international players is not equivalent to open seminars. Cmon, thats just too much now. Playing with national/international players has to be equal opportunity for all based on merit and not only for priveleged. Tendulkar can train him as much as he wants on private basis or hire as many coaches+trainers as he wants, but using his clout to get his son into bowling in nets to international player is clear case of partiality and nepotism. 

By your logic, you will also support all cricketers doing this and we will have teams full of sons&daughters of past cricketers. Maybe everyone else should slowly forget about getting opportunities because every academies, clubs, state teams will be occupied with grooming sons&Daughters of past players. 

36 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Why does company endorse/promote referrals. Do you think that's a nepotism? if it is so we have nepotism everywhere and it is a normal thing Shouldn't have a discussion on it.

Nepotism is prevailing in almost all fields, more so in India. Isnt this one of the reasons of brain drain why most of the people commenting on this very site are sitting in other countries? 

Do you support nepotism or partiality? Will you be alright if it is prevelent in your schools, offices, etc?

Edited by Shunya
3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Yeah, he is depriving other more deserving guys of those chances being in position of power. 

My friends and their families visit my office for lunch, guess that's nepotism. Hate makes people believe anything.

sorry, this is not a friend visiting in you office, its you getting your friends son a summer job in your office.

49 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Nepotism is prevailing in almost all fields, more so in India. Isnt this one of the reasons of brain drain why most of the people commenting on this very site are sitting in other countries? 

Do you support nepotism or partiality? Will you be alright if it is prevelent in your schools, offices, etc?

You are asking same thing what i asked before. Question is, if it's every where why anyone surprised here and more so as every one pointed out bowling in nets will not make him great cricketer he still needs to score runs and take wkts in international, for survival, and even before that to get in to the national team. So how does bowling in nets has deprived someone more deserving. Just because it's Tendulkar son few people getting relentless, does they care to inquire it has never happened before where some of the bcci official or politician didn't do to help their keen.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Mods I have a request. Can you start a poll asking this question if Tedulkar is in the team based on merit or last name. My buddy @velu can help us out.

the problem is respondents will be unqualified to answer that question. But the poll should be is Sachin enabling Arjuns net sessions with international teams a questionable use of his position/power to get exceptional resources for his son, which other wise is not available for his contemporaries.

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Which is worse sachin's son bowling to international stars in nets  OR  mohit sharma bowling in wc , R P singh bowling in 2011 test series ,Raina getting chance ahead of Rahane in test or Jadeja playing and screwing india for 10 years international t20. 

all under lord bahubali dhoni......* an absolute stinker of a test match captain *.