Jump to content
OpeningBatsman

India tour of Ireland and England | IND v IRE 1st T20i | The Village, Dublin, Ireland | 20:30 IST | 27th June 2018

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we arent talking about a rookie , he has played international cricket n has been an atg of ODi

he was that gr8 in ipl for many yrs to, doesnt mean he cant improve . Look at dhawan to has improved so much in t20 

 

Its nowere written that a player cnt improve . International cricket is all about challenges . U only improve when u face one. I appreciate that u n many think he is done n dusted  , but i think vice versa for cricketing reasons only

 

Yes any one can improve and I hope he improves because knowing his clout and power over indian cricket I don't think he's gonna retire anytime soon in lois so our only hope is he improves .

If he does well ,good ,if he has tweaked his technique and batlift a bit ,good but one can't be sure if he will replicate his lol success to intl cricket because we have seen him stuck like that for years now in intl cricket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we arent talking about a rookie , he has played international cricket n has been an atg of ODi

he was that gr8 in ipl for many yrs to, doesnt mean he cant improve . Look at dhawan to has improved so much in t20 

 

Its nowere written that a player cnt improve . International cricket is all about challenges . U only improve when u face one. I appreciate that u n many think he is done n dusted  , but i think vice versa for cricketing reasons only

 

Look Ankit even I like MS and won’t go to the extreme level of hatred but he is a failure in T20’s for India he has failed massively in the T20 Wc or the other T20 series he has played.If you looked at him last year he looked old jaded and was past his prime now that we are stuck with him for the next years WC I hope he does well and proves me wrong will be more than happy but for him there is no point sticking around in the t20 format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes any one can improve and I hope he improves because knowing his clout and power over indian cricket I don't think he's gonna retire anytime soon in lois so our only hope is he improves .
If he does well ,good ,if he has tweaked his technique and batlift a bit ,good but one can't be sure if he will replicate his lol success to intl cricket because we have seen him stuck like that for years now in intl cricket
He will not retire till 2023 .
Mark my words.
And even if he retires , he will ensure that he gets to maintain the clout over the selections and stuff.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 12:27 AM, vishalvirsingh said:

ireland will score less than 100 and INDIA will have an easy win...BHuvi will get three and Jasprit bumrah will also get three wickets and may be SID kaul plays...if he plays he is also bound to succeed.

i think one Spinner will be played and Hardik too.

i think BHuvi and Bumrah will compete to prove who is a better bowler and both of these bowlers will be too tuf for irelanders.

SId/Umesh/Hardik will bowl against the MID Order who may try to score slowly but SID or Umesh are too good and will get wickets , provided SID bowls around 140K ( if he gets into under 135K mode then he wud turn into a run stopping bowler only).

against Hardik they may want to Score some runs and will manage to score as well but will end up giving him free wickets.

even the Spinner will enjoy.

indian openers will score the runs in 9 to 10 overs with out any loss.

 

this is in case we bat second...

 

if we bat first we will score between 180 to 200 as its a low scoring ground and then we will get them in between 60 to 70 runs.

we scored 208 runs so i was kinda correct on the India Score but Ireland Scored more than I said ..i expected them to be around 70-75..i think they scored around 130...so they batted better or may be indians missed a lot of catches...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

But when your no3 is Pujara and you just play 5 batsmen plus Pandya who is very very iffy.Is Ashwin needed, don't know the answer to be honest.If we had very good top 5, I would have Kuldeep in my team every day.

Yeah it's a dicey situation,but can be solved .Pujara is not looking good and has to sit out,Rahul can take his place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adi B said:

Yes any one can improve and I hope he improves because knowing his clout and power over indian cricket I don't think he's gonna retire anytime soon in lois so our only hope is he improves .

If he does well ,good ,if he has tweaked his technique and batlift a bit ,good but one can't be sure if he will replicate his lol success to intl cricket because we have seen him stuck like that for years now in intl cricket

yes he has n its evident and ofcourse it doesnt ensure success , yuvraj post 2012 increased his backlift which backfired in his case his fitness also went down. Dhoni on the other hand is far fitter n has cut down his back lift smartly. Result also dnt comeover night as it takes time to get use to new habbits. Many player fail in older age is due to their poor fitness and dhoni doesnt have that issue . Also his runs didnt dry it was just hsi strike rate so when ppl say he was awful well they have no idea whats awful. They shud watch ganguly during 2005 period when he cudnt even touch the ball and that what u call being awfull. 

Dhoni has had the burden of captaincy which affects owns perfomance, look at cook or ganguly in his last stages of captaincy. He also has back issues so a patience is needed. 

 

 One thing i beilve with gr8 players is that they will always find a way to succeed 

 

Kumble was struggling post his surgery n also harabhajan emerged but soon he found a way and became a beast for us 

Tendulkar was named endulkar around 2007 post his tennish elbow n dropping perfomance but he found a way post 2007 n had a golden run 

warnie post his suregery couldnt ball many of his deilveries but found a way 

Was seeing dennis lilee docu n again same pointed it, as he grew older pace dropped but developed many tricks

 

They all had one thing in commn , experince to fight their challenges 

 

Dhoni will never be the same player as he was when he came in but as long as he is contributing to the team he isnt a liability . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Look Ankit even I like MS and won’t go to the extreme level of hatred but he is a failure in T20’s for India he has failed massively in the T20 Wc or the other T20 series he has played.

agreed, he is a very below avg t20 player 

7 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

If you looked at him last year he looked old jaded and was past his prime now that we are stuck with him for the next years WC I hope he does well and proves me wrong will be more than happy but for him there is no point sticking around in the t20 format.

about this i have posted above . 

To Add , i myself have been annoyed with his batting many times in last 1 yr. N Probably 10 yrs ago i wud have jumped the wagon n said chuck him but watever cricket i have watched in my life i have learned - 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 One thing i beilve with gr8 players is that they will always find a way to succeed 

 

Kumble was struggling post his surgery n also harabhajan emerged but soon he found a way and became a beast for us 

Tendulkar was named endulkar around 2007 post his tennish elbow n dropping perfomance but he found a way post 2007 n had a golden run 

warnie post his suregery couldnt ball many of his deilveries but found a way 

Was seeing dennis lilee docu n again same pointed it, as he grew older pace dropped but developed many tricks

 

They all had one thing in commn , experince to fight their challenges 

 

Dhoni will never be the same player as he was when he came in but as long as he is contributing to the team he isnt a liability . 

also patience is needed with players in their last leg as much as a young player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And what will he achieve by that?
Money, fame , paisa- and you know, Indian Fans are more attracted to stars than cricket itself.
MS Dhoni is a huge brand.
Do you even remember the Mahi craze back in the old days?
* , he even had a full blown chick lit book written where the charming hero was allegorised to be based on him.
Oh , he also had got a biopic made on him that Deified him further.
Not a Huge Dhoni fan here but Can't deny that he is the biggest Brand in Team India right now
Kohli might've more social media followers but in the minds of common Man, Dhoni rules the roost.
His life story-that of playing Football in school, his beginning as a ticket checker in Kharagpur, his love story with "childhood sweetheart" Sakshi Rawat(which is fake btw), has become an urban fantasy fairytale in itself.
I won't be surprised if 1000 yrs after, Dhoni's bio is studied by school students as a Religious Text.
He is just too influential and too big a crowd puller to let go off.
He is kinda like Sachin- the game will still be sustainable but his retirement will take a sheen off the game.
I don't think the audience have as much as an emotional connect with a Rohit Sharma or A Shikhar Dhawan or a KL Rahul like we had with Sachin , Sehwag , Dravid or Ganguly.
I know he will eventually return but now the stakes too much high to let go off Dhoni.
Indian Cricket is increasingly marketing based and Dhoni is the biggest brand ambassador of it.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money, fame , paisa- and you know, Indian Fans are more attracted to stars than cricket itself.
MS Dhoni is a huge brand.
Do you even remember the Mahi craze back in the old days?
* , he even had a full blown chick lit book written where the charming hero was allegorised to be based on him.
Oh , he also had got a biopic made on him that Deified him further.
Not a Huge Dhoni fan here but Can't deny that he is the biggest Brand in Team India right now
Kohli might've more social media followers but in the minds of common Man, Dhoni rules the roost.
His life story-that of playing Football in school, his beginning as a ticket checker in Kharagpur, his love story with "childhood sweetheart" Sakshi Rawat(which is fake btw), has become an urban fantasy fairytale in itself.
I won't be surprised if 1000 yrs after, Dhoni's bio is studied by school students as a Religious Text.
He is just too influential and too big a crowd puller to let go off.
He is kinda like Sachin- the game will still be sustainable but his retirement will take a sheen off the game.
I don't think the audience have as much as an emotional connect with a Rohit Sharma or A Shikhar Dhawan or a KL Rahul like we had with Sachin , Sehwag , Dravid or Ganguly.
I know he will eventually return but now the stakes too much high to let go off Dhoni.
Indian Cricket is increasingly marketing based and Dhoni is the biggest brand ambassador of it.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Return will be retire.
My bad

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Money, fame , paisa- and you know, Indian Fans are more attracted to stars than cricket itself.
MS Dhoni is a huge brand.
Do you even remember the Mahi craze back in the old days?
* , he even had a full blown chick lit book written where the charming hero was allegorised to be based on him.
Oh , he also had got a biopic made on him that Deified him further.
Not a Huge Dhoni fan here but Can't deny that he is the biggest Brand in Team India right now
Kohli might've more social media followers but in the minds of common Man, Dhoni rules the roost.
His life story-that of playing Football in school, his beginning as a ticket checker in Kharagpur, his love story with "childhood sweetheart" Sakshi Rawat(which is fake btw), has become an urban fantasy fairytale in itself.
I won't be surprised if 1000 yrs after, Dhoni's bio is studied by school students as a Religious Text.
He is just too influential and too big a crowd puller to let go off.
He is kinda like Sachin- the game will still be sustainable but his retirement will take a sheen off the game.
I don't think the audience have as much as an emotional connect with a Rohit Sharma or A Shikhar Dhawan or a KL Rahul like we had with Sachin , Sehwag , Dravid or Ganguly.
I know he will eventually return but now the stakes too much high to let go off Dhoni.
Indian Cricket is increasingly marketing based and Dhoni is the biggest brand ambassador of it.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

He won’t be controlling the Indian cricket yar plus no way he is playing at 42 years of age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Return will be retire.
My bad

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

He is as big as Sachin here in India though for sure having seen the kind of ovation he got live at the stadium.As much as people hate it as you said he is a brand the way Sachin was hailed as a hero same is happening with MS when he goes it will be Virat who will be getting the same ovation.In India people are emotional and as its under him we won all the three major tournaments that’s the reason people worship him here nam bikta hai.

Edited by Switchblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He won’t be controlling the Indian cricket yar plus no way he is playing at 42 years of age.
Sab Ku66 ho sakta hai.
Also Do You even know how much of an Influence Dhoni commands in the BCCI?
Also people will take his word for Bible since he is Captain Cool.
Dekh lena, he will come back as Team India Coach within a few years after Kohli and Company retires.
Or take up some other direct administrative jobs in BCCI/cricket related.
Don't think Dhoni is the sit around and give advice like a Sadhubaba type like Sachin

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



He is as big as Sachin here in India though for sure having seen the kind of ovation he got live at the stadium.As much as people hate it as you said he is a brand the way Sachin was hailed as a hero same is happening with MS when he goes it will be Virat who will be getting the same ovation.In India people are emotional and as its under him we won all the three major tournaments that’s the reason people worship him here nam bikta hai.


Nah Virat will never reach Sachin or Dhoni's level .
He lacks the same audience connect or facade of humbleness as the former 2
Uparse his "Power Couple" PR overload has reached the threshold of tolerance.
That Raasta Pe Kachhra incident already exposed the vile, holier than thou, desperate attentionwhore attitude of Virat and Anushka.
Combined with the streak of bad form Virat seemingly got into(Got out for a duck by Ireland Batsmen where RoFat scored a 97) and the fact that he will never win a trophy due to horrible captaincy, he will have a hard time keeping up with his legacy.
Desis like Humble, soft spoken people.
Tbh, I think even the likes of Bhuvi and Raina will get more respect from the audience than Kohli .

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Held my breath underwater for the last 30 minutes to ensure the team won. I am so impressed by this young man Dhoni. Sitting in Malasana for a long time,taking a lot of pain on his mudras,it takes a maturity beyond your age.Also absolutely destroyed the bowlers in the end,This young boy has an aura,a beautiful rainbow like energy. He will serve his nation for a very long time. Only regret I have going to the Himalayas is missing this young boy's career. My disciples told me there is a movie about this youngster which encompasses his entire career. Not watched a movie since Audrey Hepburn's how to steal a million. Will sure check this one out.

 

Global.Baba(don't forget the dot)

clown maniac :no:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes he has n its evident and ofcourse it doesnt ensure success , yuvraj post 2012 increased his backlift which backfired in his case his fitness also went down. Dhoni on the other hand is far fitter n has cut down his back lift smartly. Result also dnt comeover night as it takes time to get use to new habbits. Many player fail in older age is due to their poor fitness and dhoni doesnt have that issue . Also his runs didnt dry it was just hsi strike rate so when ppl say he was awful well they have no idea whats awful. They shud watch ganguly during 2005 period when he cudnt even touch the ball and that what u call being awfull. 

Dhoni has had the burden of captaincy which affects owns perfomance, look at cook or ganguly in his last stages of captaincy. He also has back issues so a patience is needed. 

 

 One thing i beilve with gr8 players is that they will always find a way to succeed 

 

Kumble was struggling post his surgery n also harabhajan emerged but soon he found a way and became a beast for us 

Tendulkar was named endulkar around 2007 post his tennish elbow n dropping perfomance but he found a way post 2007 n had a golden run 

warnie post his suregery couldnt ball many of his deilveries but found a way 

Was seeing dennis lilee docu n again same pointed it, as he grew older pace dropped but developed many tricks

 

They all had one thing in commn , experince to fight their challenges 

 

Dhoni will never be the same player as he was when he came in but as long as he is contributing to the team he isnt a liability . 

In 2007 Tendulkar was 34, Dhoni is going to be 37 in 9 days time. Kumble was younger too and retired at 37.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we arent talking about a rookie , he has played international cricket n has been an atg of ODi

he was that gr8 in ipl for many yrs to, doesnt mean he cant improve . Look at dhawan to has improved so much in t20 

 

Its nowere written that a player cnt improve . International cricket is all about challenges . U only improve when u face one. I appreciate that u n many think he is done n dusted  , but i think vice versa for cricketing reasons only

 

never seen any player improve at the age of 37 and after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

In 2007 Tendulkar was 34, Dhoni is going to be 37 in 9 days time. Kumble was younger too and retired at 37.

dhoni at 37 was fitter then tendulkar at 34 n kumble his whole career

tendulkar was 37 in 2010 , playing one his best cricket....so nowere written that u cnt play well at 37

 

Dhoni batting has improved since last yr....so their is improvemnt n it was evident in IPL. Now the concern  remains will that translate to international cricket which i can understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes he has n its evident and ofcourse it doesnt ensure success , yuvraj post 2012 increased his backlift which backfired in his case his fitness also went down. Dhoni on the other hand is far fitter n has cut down his back lift smartly. Result also dnt comeover night as it takes time to get use to new habbits. Many player fail in older age is due to their poor fitness and dhoni doesnt have that issue . Also his runs didnt dry it was just hsi strike rate so when ppl say he was awful well they have no idea whats awful. They shud watch ganguly during 2005 period when he cudnt even touch the ball and that what u call being awfull. 

Dhoni has had the burden of captaincy which affects owns perfomance, look at cook or ganguly in his last stages of captaincy. He also has back issues so a patience is needed. 

 

 One thing i beilve with gr8 players is that they will always find a way to succeed 

 

Kumble was struggling post his surgery n also harabhajan emerged but soon he found a way and became a beast for us 

Tendulkar was named endulkar around 2007 post his tennish elbow n dropping perfomance but he found a way post 2007 n had a golden run 

warnie post his suregery couldnt ball many of his deilveries but found a way 

Was seeing dennis lilee docu n again same pointed it, as he grew older pace dropped but developed many tricks

 

They all had one thing in commn , experince to fight their challenges 

 

Dhoni will never be the same player as he was when he came in but as long as he is contributing to the team he isnt a liability . 

Its simple bhai... Dhoni has been a phenomenon since he arrived... all the roles he filled were unheard of in Indian cricket and most probably nobody will be able to match that so easily in future either...and along with other greats we won plenty during 2000s...so obviously the standards set by dhoni has been very high and expectations are always outwordly only because he is Dhoni... He is being hated because he was too good in his prime which is hard to maintain throughout your careeer especially at the end... Right now he has improved from couple of bad years after 2015 WC and obviously he will have to because of very important next 1 yr coming up... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

Has Hardik Pandya changed his bowling action after IPL?His run up to the crease looked very similar to Stuart Broad:facepalm:.hope he performs better than what broad did in LOIs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dhoni at 37 was fitter then tendulkar at 34 n kumble his whole career

tendulkar was 37 in 2010 , playing one his best cricket....so nowere written that u cnt play well at 37

 

Dhoni batting has improved since last yr....so their is improvemnt n it was evident in IPL. Now the concern  remains will that translate to international cricket which i can understand

fitness does not mean much when it comes to batting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it creates a huge diff in reflexes and runnning between wkts 

In one of the interview of kohli he has mentioned how his fitness allows him to be quick on the ball and it is so evident with his batting 

It is because he is younger, not just because of fitness.  Your reflexes and eyes wear down irrespective of your physical fitness.  Cricket is not just about running.  Tendulkar when retired could still run as fast as any between the wickets.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



it creates a huge diff in reflexes and runnning between wkts 
In one of the interview of kohli he has mentioned how his fitness allows him to be quick on the ball and it is so evident with his batting 


Dude , if fitness was everything in cricket ,then likes of Manish Pandey and Hardik Pandya would have been our star performers.
Virat Kohli has the skills and his fitness only complements it, not necessarily improve his cricketing skills.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It is because he is younger, not just because of fitness.  Your reflexes and eyes wear down irrespective of your physical fitness.  Cricket is not just about running.  Tendulkar when retired could still run as fast as any between the wickets.    

their are many player of same age who are not even as quick as him on the ball . If u look at kohli in his chubby days when he was even more younger he wasnt as quick as he is now  

It does go down, but poor fitness causes further damage which was the case with someone like sehwag, even yuvraj singh. 

 

Tendulkar running was gr8 thats why he did well for so long. Ofcourse u cnt only be a good runner but its a huge factor in innings. At the end it will all come down to how good is dhoni's stroke play now 

 

good fitness will always increase enhance skill be it any age . Ofcourse u cnt stop the nature n old age will show it signs but whaat a player max can do is work hard on his fitness so the damage isnt worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitness is what you need in fielding not necessarily one has to be fitness freak to bat well....and yes every one n team has to field so fitness is where the current regime putting stress on..but should not override exceptional ability of a player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×