Not thinking about the World Cup already - Chahal

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/102788/india-cricket-team-ireland-t20is-yuzvendra-chahal

"We played in South Africa and performed well there but that is the past. We are in Ireland now, so I am thinking that I am playing a strong opposition and cannot judge a team on its name.

"Obviously I am excited that this is my first tour in UK. I'm not thinking about the World Cup because there are still 6-7 months left to think about it. There are so many series before that, so I am thinking series by series instead of looking at future," insisted Chahal.

"England have scored against Australia, they haven't scored against us. Wickets might be different. English spinners have also picked up wickets. So that is also a plus point for us," he said, while also adding that being a wrist spinner alone won't guarantee success.

"It's not like wrist spinners are necessary for winning, it is just a recent trend. It is not like teams without wrist spinners have not won in the past. But it is just that the batsmen are mentally more under pressure against wrist spinners and variation," Chahal added.

"Compared to other spinners we have more variations. Like left arm spinners only have straighter ones and normal spin, for me at least we have four variations, so batsmen have to think more which ball is coming," Chahal said.

"Compared to leg spin it turns more a bit. Batsmen have to look at the head position all the time. If they don't, it is a plus point for us. I have two googlies, one closer to my head and the other side arm."

"We just came today. Amazing weather and haven't seen the wicket yet. Two games before England series, it is very important for us. Playing together after 2-3 months it is important to us.

"Whether I play the first or second game, I am going to enjoy it. (It's a) smaller ground, haven't seen the wicket (but I) have played on the smallest ground - Chinnaswamy, no ground can be smaller than that."

Edited by Switchblade