Manish Pandey ahead of KL Rahul in T20s !!!

velu

46 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Pandey has never been a good LOI player for Karnataka, he's clutch and has played some good knocks under pressure but never been consistent. It's actually in the longer format he's very good, been oour best player. Plays spin and short ball as good as anyone in the country,weak against the moving ball. It's his unorthodox technique which has gone against his. Case of picking a player for the wrong format. 

Yeah don't agree he's selfish

huge diff between domestic n international

i think he struggles against spin on slow or even half decent pitches ....i find him worse then rahane in that case 

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Language, dude! Lets not call him selfish here.

Imagine if some billionaire invited us to be CxO of one of their companies and gave a truckload of benefits with it. Wouldn't we grab that opportunity and try to make the most of it instead of being truthful about our lack of experience ? That's pretty much every bad selection including Pandey. Its up to the selectors/leadership to make these calls and it sucks that there's recurring problems in very basic decisions.

Pardon my French, but this guy wouldn't take risks even when there's an opportunity for it and leaves it till the last moment. It's as if he's mainly playing for his place rather than the team. He keeps on getting selected whereas the likes of DK and Rahul are sitting on the bench. At least Raina with all his limitations always plays for the team.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

understand the diff between selfish n lack of skill

Doesnt he dive in field , had he been selfish he wudnt have to save his body

He simply lacks skills . If a player plays slow doesnt mean he is selfish

I have my doubts. He doesn't even go for it...If he tries and fails that's a different thing. Against Ireland at a SR of 100 in the last 5 overs... seriously?

He atleast lacks skills to play in the off side, neither does have a powergame.Having him on crease surely puts extra pressure on the other batsman.Why is he getting so many chances is beyond any argument..There is simply no question who should be in , between  Rahul and Pandey..for other cricket Playing nations it wouldn't even be a question,or are we that blind??

6 minutes ago, Lannister said:

It's a wonder how the moronic selectors thought he's actually a t20 player. His batting style is fit more for the longer formats of the game. But he deserved his ODI chances though, and they just dropped him from that format. There is no sense to these selections whatsoever. 

I feel youngsters like Rishabh Pant, or Sanju Samson must be given a long run. Enough of chances given to Manish Pandey and Kedhar Jadhav, both are careless and inconsistent.To be frank, among given chances, He didn't have any remarkable performance except ODI Century in Australia.

Just now, Switchblade said:

I feel youngsters like Rishabh Pant, or Sanju Samson must be given a long run. Enough of chances given to Manish Pandey and Kedhar Jadhav, both are careless and inconsistent.To be frank, among given chances, He didn't have any remarkable performance except ODI Century in Australia.

pant definately yes, but he has to play more good innings for india-A

Samson has been inconsistent himself

Lets not forget manish pandey use to score a lot of runs for India-A

Pant n samson has to atleast do that so selector n captain take notice 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pant definately yes, but he has to play more good innings for india-A

Samson has been inconsistent himself

Lets not forget manish pandey use to score a lot of runs for India-A

Pant n samson has to atleast do that so selector n captain take notice 

Manish has been picked for the wrong format he should play the 50 overs format where he can play his sheet anchor role.The guy nearly screwed us in the Nidihas Trophy.

1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

Manish has been picked for the wrong format he should play the 50 overs format where he can play his sheet anchor role.The guy nearly screwed us in the Nidihas Trophy.

he struggles against spin on slow or subcontinental pitches like rahane does

I doubt he ll do well in odi's to , unless he plays in Sa or Aus where even rahane has scored a few 

37 minutes ago, Lannister said:

It's a wonder how the moronic selectors thought he's actually a t20 player. His batting style is fit more for the longer formats of the game. But he deserved his ODI chances though, and they just dropped him from that format. There is no sense to these selections whatsoever. 

They are doing what Pakistani selectors did in the past playing T20 player in Test matches and Test players in T20.