Why are un-established HasBeens getting chances ahead of young batsmen?

I don't mind Raina or DK or Pandey, they can all compete for a spot in the ODI side, I guess, but what else can Rahul do to get in the playing XI? 

The guy deserves a run at #4 for at least a series or two to see if he is the real deal. If he fails in those, by all means drop him, but right now it's hard to make heads or tails of his continued bench-warming.

10 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Are the likes of Jadhav, Karthik, Raina & Rayudu seriously the best we have in the domestic circuit? Why not give chances to promising youngsters instead of wasting it on these oldies who have short shelf lives? 

A good question! The same question came into my mind  as well.You have to feel sorry for the likes of Shaw,Gill,Pant,Kishen and others I am afraid the way its going we might be exiting early in the next years World Cup with the old washed up has beens in the squad.

I don't mind Raina or DK or Pandey, they can all compete for a spot in the ODI side, I guess, but what else can Rahul do to get in the playing XI? 

The guy deserves a run at #4 for at least a series or two to see if he is the real deal. If he fails in those, by all means drop him, but right now it's hard to make heads or tails of his continued bench-warming.

What KL could do is to keep his mouth shut and not to joke, mock about or rile egoistic captain like Kohli... That’s the minimum requirement. If he can’t do that then he or anybody else should complain...

BCCI is still the exquisite club where connections & recommendations only work.
55 minutes ago, The Unrealist said:

A good question! The same question came into my mind  as well.You have to feel sorry for the likes of Shaw,Gill,Pant,Kishen and others I am afraid the way its going we might be exiting early in the next years World Cup with the old washed up has beens in the squad.

thats why lets hope rohit become captains after this Wc, he gave good signs in nidhas and with MI 

33 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats why lets hope rohit become captains after this Wc, he gave good signs in nidhas and with MI 

Virat will be leading India for sure and no point in Sharma being the captain as he would be 35 by then and he is not consistent.I agree he was good during the Nidihas trophy or the decider against South Africa but they should groom some one else for the captaincy.

Virat will be leading India for sure and no point in Sharma being the captain as he would be 35 by then and he is not consistent.I agree he was good during the Nidihas trophy or the decider against South Africa but they should groom some one else for the captaincy.
Rohit should have been given LoI captaincy after Dhoni retired.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Rohit should have been given LoI captaincy after Dhoni retired.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Problem is he was not doing well its only whenl Dhoni promoted him as an opener he started doing well.But he goes missing when the pressure is on and Virat Kohli was doing well but we were not aware that he would turn out to be such a defensive,meek and a timid captain.

46 minutes ago, asterix said:

What KL could do is to keep his mouth shut and not to joke, mock about or rile egoistic captain like Kohli... That’s the minimum requirement. If he can’t do that then he or anybody else should complain...

BCCI is still the exquisite club where connections & recommendations only work.

:laugh: All the PR stuff for Kohli he did resulted for him getting benched and being reserved as a back up option for the tour.

31 minutes ago, The Unrealist said:

their is no other contendor right now 

3 minutes ago, The Unrealist said:

He wanted Dinesh to handle their experienced bowlers so he promoted Shankar.He also mentioned that Dinesh was very angry at him as he wanted to bat at 4 or 5 in that what the duck show or something like that.

But that was T20 not odi where everyone can get chance....moreover Shankar came at crucial juncture and almost lost the match singlehandedly ,I think that was a wrong decision and could have cost us the final.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he promoted pant at 3

about dk- u send exp players in tough situations

Many youngsters have done well under him in MI then under kohli in RCB

IPL the whole tournament personally I take it with a pinch of salt don't find it to be genuine.But yes for India Sharma as captain has done well but there is no point of 35 year old with his fat belly leading the side in 2023 WC.