Why are un-established HasBeens getting chances ahead of young batsmen?

1 minute ago, The Unrealist said:

IPL the whole tournament personally I take it with a pinch of salt don't find it to be genuine.But yes for India Sharma as captain has done well but there is no point of 35 year old with his fat belly leading the side in 2023 WC.

whats the point of having kohli n ruining many good career

1 minute ago, The Unrealist said:

They should groom one then.

their shud be an option 1st

What good sign he sent Shankar before Karthik in all imp final.
Kartik's good performance salvaged Rohit Sharma's captaincy career- and even in other matches he captained, it was mostly the lack factor and other players' effort .
But he is regarded as a better captain over Kohli because he was 3 IPLs+ knows how to keep the credit to himself.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

IPL the whole tournament personally I take it with a pinch of salt don't find it to be genuine.But yes for India Sharma as captain has done well but there is no point of 35 year old with his fat belly leading the side in 2023 WC.
Sharma is incredibly lucky in that matches have been won under his captaincy and has successfully managed to keep credit away from Dhoni's nose.
Nah, 2023 Wc Will likely be lead by Virat and by that time, I can actually see Rohit flopping out of the team.

They should groom one then.
I feel Shreyas Iyer is being groomed as a captain given his stints as DD captain, India B captain in some domestic trophy and India A captain in the Latest A tour.
But the thing is he is also more or less similar to Kohli in the fact he has good players in his team who wins matches for him-not because he is a good decision maker or atleast Can fake being one.
BCCI is always choosing the wrong players for captaincy
Virat never learnt the art of captaincy even after being a captain from the time he started playing cricket.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i doubt , rohit looks a strong character as captain n hopefully we have a new coach to. 

Instead of Rohit someone new should be groomed for the leadership as I said.There is no point of having a 35 year old leading the side during 2023 World Cup and I hope they get a coach like Arthur who is a no nonsense guy rather than having a yes man as a coach like Ravi who has no coaching credentials.I personally feel Virat like Dhoni will be leading the side for 7-8 years.The strong character Rohit goes missing against the likes of Amir or other genuine quicks who can swing the ball he is unreliable.

Edited by The Unrealist

Instead of Rohit someone new should be groomed for the leadership as I said.There is no point of having a 35 year old leading the side during 2023 World Cup and I hope they get a coach like Arthur who is a no nonsense guy rather than having a yes man as a coach like Ravi who has no coaching credentials.I personally feel Virat like Dhoni will be leading the side for 7-8 years.The strong character Rohit goes missing against the likes of Amir or other genuine quicks who can swing the ball he is unreliable.

Nah, the conspiring dudes and ego ki dukaans at BCCI and Indian Cricket Team won't like Real coaches like Arthur,Moody, Henson etc .
They actually don't want to win any tourneys also- they are happy winning useless bilaterals and making money from endorsements.

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Nah, the conspiring dudes and ego ki dukaans at BCCI and Indian Cricket Team won't like Real coaches like Arthur,Moody, Henson etc .
They actually don't want to win any tourneys also- they are happy winning useless bilaterals and making money from endorsements.

Totally agree on this point.The disappointing part is that teams like Pakistan Australia England and few others are trying out youngsters but on the other hand we have the likes of Rahane,Jhadav,Raina,Rayudu waiting in the wings :facepalm:.

4 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Kartik's good performance salvaged Rohit Sharma's captaincy career- and even in other matches he captained, it was mostly the lack factor and other players' effort .
But he is regarded as a better captain over Kohli because he was 3 IPLs+ knows how to keep the credit to himself.

But in general, Do you not see that Rohit being alert, involved and makes good choices on field. IMO, his bowling changes are almost always spot on. 

Agreed that in Nidahas trophy, it was a mistake and it took KKD's amazing knock to pull us out. 

Even then, a good captain not only comes with shrewdness in the field but some kind of luck factor too. Remember, MSD's first stint as captain when he had Joginder Sharma bowling last over. One more good shot by Misbah and it is trophy to Pakistan. But MSD got lot of credit for how he lead the young team for a successful WT20 trophy. So, luck is an integral part of being a captain. It is called "Midas touch" by some others. 

5 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

But in general, Do you not see that Rohit being alert, involved and makes good choices on field. IMO, his bowling changes are almost always spot on. 

Agreed that in Nidahas trophy, it was a mistake and it took KKD's amazing knock to pull us out.

actually. even DK final onslaught. Shankar almost hit a four and followed up with a hit but got caught, agreed shankar struggled and made it closer / impossible - but it can not be pinned to the Rohits decision to send in a rookie ahead of an experienced player - his thought process was to save some measured head for a hind end - going by expectations from nets that rookie Shankar will hit big hit out basically - which he could not do.

19 minutes ago, The Unrealist said:

Totally agree on this point.The disappointing part is that teams like Pakistan Australia England and few others are trying out youngsters but on the other hand we have the likes of Rahane,Jhadav,Raina,Rayudu waiting in the wings :facepalm:.

yeah so we will see this in coming years - they will get ahead of India in LOI and India will play catch up.

1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

Jadhav, Raina and Ryudu have experience and winning mentality. Just won a big trophy and having that mentality is important

kKd has become a solid finisher

All are deserved selections

Undeserved are the useless hack Pandey and can't play anything except trundles on flat wickets garbage Rohit Sharma

Raina over KLR and KDK is somehow not acceptable though in the playing 11.

6 hours ago, The Unrealist said:

kon hai ye someone , merko btao to sahi option

The team management and selection committee are not learning anything. 

They did the same mistake last year as well when they brought back Yuvraj Singh for the Champions Trophy. 

Fast forward 1 year and Yuvraj is nowhere to be seen. 

Why not give these same chances and opportunities to young batsmen who will play for Team India on a long term basis? 

Selecting HasBeens on a regular basis is pulling Indian cricket backwards. 

Edited by SecondSlip