Ind batting not looking equipped for the upcoming Batathon

SK_IH

4 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Bairstow is in beastly mode at the moment. Rohit is, well Rohit.

u with him u never knw 

4 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Selection is going to be key i.e. KL needs to be slotted into that order somewhere

yes that will be the key and kohli has history to take wrong calls so thats what worries me 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

playing karthik gives us a problem of 6th bowler, raina atleast is a half a bowler

Its actually a bad problem

His half decent bowling won't work in English conditions....heck even jadhav is better than current Raina

17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

His half decent bowling won't work in English conditions....heck even jadhav is better than current Raina

atleast its some overs , with karthik problem is not even one over he can give

My concern if raina fattu batting works in eng , we are screwed in long run

31 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

@beetle ji, yes a whitewash after all may not be bad for the WC fortunes. But will our selectors learn even after that?

rohit,dhawan,kohli,pandya,dhoni,buvi,bumrah,chahal are certainties for the WC.. that leaves 3 spots open .. the management should decide a core of 7-8 players they want for the remaining 3 spots and give them the max opps in the coming matches.. but, then if wishes were horses:wall:

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

n what happened right now that rohit has become bad

Rohit will have to face eng bowler which i think doesnt have much 

Baitstrow has to face better bowler

A set rohit sharma on patta will cause more damage then even the best batsman kohli 

How often does he get set ? one in 100 games and the rest 99 he causes damage to his own team .

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea right , if u perform once in 100 game ull avg 50

kya math hai:cheer:

Just averaging 50 does not me you are performing , especially with a poor strike rate

Outside Bang/SL/Win this guy has 9 innings of 100+ scores which is fine , but whats scary is  India lost 4 of those 9 matches . 

Has 16 scores of 50+ and Indias win % is 62

so thats 15 of his 25 innings of 50+ scores when the team won ?  I would be worried when he scores more than when he does not .

15 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Just averaging 50 does not me you are performing , especially with a poor strike rate

how on earth is 91 s/r poor

Outside Bang/SL/Win this guy has 9 innings of 100+ scores which is fine , but whats scary is  India lost 4 of those 9 matches . 

To wo baaki team nikkami thi na 

Has 16 scores of 50+ and Indias win % is 62

so thats 15 of his 25 innings of 50+ scores when the team won ?  I would be worried when he scores more than when he does not .

n what guarntee do u have that a new player will even get these scores , coz his record is pretty phenomenal and u dnt get that every day

I hve been one of the harshest critic of rohit but all this expectation ull find  someone better then him so easy is hilarious 

9 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Eng batting is playing at another level at the moment, they have no slower starters like Rohit , Dhoni and even the lower middle order is way superior to Ind.

At most Dhawan and Kohli are the match winners in this side , as we dont like to play KL Rahul for some odd reasons. Rohit will chip in when he converts his slow starts in 1-2 match.

In a nutshell, I am not looking forward to the carnage., with all hopes pinned on two wristys

I don't think its an issue with being "equipped".  Its more a case of deliberate choice of strategy. I've been harping about India's conservative batting strategy since before the 2015 ODI WC.  And I still don't see any changes.  

If you make a list of the top 10 batsmen available for selection for Indian ODI team, and England - I don't think India has any talent or skill deficit.  But the England team have pioneered a collective batting strategy that is stronger than the sum of its parts.  And they have been practicing it in the middle for the last 2 years.  To the extent where sustaining 7 RPO as a team is a norm for them.

While the Indian team's batting tactics are built around allowing the top 3 batsmen to "go big", with very good individual statistics, but as a team, the batting totals put up are arguably consistently under-achieving. 

I'm actually hoping that the England team can handle Bhuvi, Bumrah and ChaKu - which I don't really think they can.  I want England to drop a few 360+ scores on India.  Chase down 325 in 45 overs, etc.   That's the only way that Indian team will feel the pressure to change its approach.  

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

I don't think its an issue with being "equipped".  Its more a case of deliberate choice of strategy. I've been harping about India's conservative batting strategy since before the 2015 ODI WC.  And I still don't see any changes.  

If you make a list of the top 10 batsmen available for selection for Indian ODI team, and England - I don't think India has any talent or skill deficit.  But the England team have pioneered a collective batting strategy that is stronger than the sum of its parts.  And they have been practicing it in the middle for the last 2 years.  To the extent where sustaining 7 RPO as a team is a norm for them.

While the Indian team's batting tactics are built around allowing the top 3 batsmen to "go big", with very good individual statistics, but as a team, the batting totals put up are arguably consistently under-achieving. 

I'm actually hoping that the England team can handle Bhuvi, Bumrah and ChaKu - which I don't really think they can.  I want England to drop a few 360+ scores on India.  Chase down 325 in 45 overs, etc.   That's the only way that Indian team will feel the pressure to change its approach.  

Wonderful post.Its sad to see we have learned nothing from 2015 WC,same old method of building an innings.

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Wonderful post.Its sad to see we have learned nothing from 2015 WC,same old method of building an innings.

I used to think it was Dhoni who was responsible for this.  His 'first don't lose, take the game deep etc' mindset for our "safe" batting tactics in ODIs. And I had a lot of high expectations from Kuptaan "Aggressive" to change this up.  But the last couple of years have seen Virat double down on that method.  

And why not?  Its the formula that has made him India's biggest star.  Why would he change it?  He can keep batting at #3, keep racking up 100s, and India will win a lot of inconsequential games.  Why should he sacrifice personal glory and riches, simply in order to try and push the team results to be 5% better?  Especially following a method that is almost guaranteed to dent his batting stats, along with the other 2 "maha rathis" in the top order?  Let the middle order, old man Dhoni, etc get blamed for all of India's batting short-comings.  Why mess with a good thing?  99% of Indians will go ga-ga over Virat's #xx ODI century.  Or if Brohit pounds a few 6s and racks up another daddy ODI 100 or even 200.  So what if Brohit's 90s Ganguly-esque strike-rate in the 1st 8 overs is reducing the team total by at least 20 runs if not more, every game?  Virat, Bunty and his sister don't mind.  Do you?