Ind batting not looking equipped for the upcoming Batathon

SK_IH

Just now, Tattieboy said:

You better hope that India beats England then if a small insignificant country ( minnow) can 

No need to hope.  Going to pound England in the test series.   

LOIs?  I actually want a loss as a wake-up call for this complacent team.  

Just now, Tattieboy said:

You better hope that India beats England then if a small insignificant country ( minnow) can 

Even South Korea beat Germany.One-off wins doesn't make you a champion team.And we had beaten 'mighty' England last time  for 2-1 with over-the-hill Dhoni and Yuvi flaying their trundlers all around the park. They coudln't even stop Jadhav, of all guys, from chasing down 350 plus even after losing 4 wickets for 60 odd. We would do the same this time too. Don't worry.:yess:

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

No need to hope.  Going to pound England in the test series.   

LOIs?  I actually want a loss as a wake-up call for this complacent team.  

Not sure the team is complacent as more everyone all around it are ,

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how on earth is 91 s/r poor

To wo baaki team nikkami thi na 

n what guarntee do u have that a new player will even get these scores , coz his record is pretty phenomenal and u dnt get that every day

I hve been one of the harshest critic of rohit but all this expectation ull find  someone better then him so easy is hilarious 

91 is poor if you are an opener using up all the power plays and your Sr takes a massive dip playing good teams. 

I was just responding to your claim that this guy is a match winner even better than virat on his day. Just pointing out that only 15 matches in his entire career he's scored more than 50 runs and the team won. 

It doesn't take much to be better than rohit sharma 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how on earth is 91 s/r poor

I wish there was an open source database that we could get data for Rohit's SR in the first 6-8 overs of ODIs.  Gut tells me its around 50.  Or maybe even lower.  

The argument that "he makes it up later" doesn't hold up, because that only happens about 30% of the time.  Rest of the time, he puts the team in a hole, takes a steaming dump on the scoring momentum, and then gets out.  

Jeez...lot of people are shitting their pants here...

England has been playing against piss poor sides on pattas recently and hence all their batsmen have scored loads of runs...They are good but their numbers are highly skewed imho...

Our bowling attack is way better to let all of them off hook in every game... All those SRs and 350+ scores are not going to be easy against our bowling attack....Our bowling is significantly stronger and our batsman are no pushover either...too much pessimism flowing around...dont be so fattus...this is where top teams raise their bar...

It is going to be super contest...cant wait...

9 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Jeez...lot of people are shitting their pants here...

England has been playing against piss poor sides on pattas recently and hence all their batsmen have scored loads of runs...They are good but their numbers are highly skewed imho...

Our bowling attack is way better to let all of them off hook in every game... All those SRs and 350+ scores are not going to be easy against our bowling attack....Our bowling is significantly stronger and our batsman are no pushover either...too much pessimism flowing around...dont be so fattus...this is where top teams raise their bar...

It is going to be super contest...cant wait...

Yeah, I don't think England bats can bully a Bumrah or a Chahal as easily as they did to a Richadrson or Swepson.  

Its just that historically India has always been a team that has won ODIs with batting, while the bowlers do just enough to keep the game close.  And this is going to be a rare case where a team(that's not Aus), at least on paper, is out-gunning is with the bat.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I wish there was an open source database that we could get data for Rohit's SR in the first 6-8 overs of ODIs.  Gut tells me its around 50.  Or maybe even lower.  

The argument that "he makes it up later" doesn't hold up, because that only happens about 30% of the time.  Rest of the time, he puts the team in a hole, takes a steaming dump on the scoring momentum, and then gets out.  

i totally understand the argument , infact i was one of them who started it questioning his place

My point of sticking with him is-

its to late to change a settled pair

Lack of better option

The only other option KL rahul can fulfill the unsolved problem of no.4

Even kohli has been extremely inconsistent when it comes to WC odi's

Earlier even dhawan was taking time or struggling, now dhawan is in gr8 form so he has taken the burden of rohit 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

91 is poor if you are an opener using up all the power plays and your Sr takes a massive dip playing good teams. 

'

yea as if we have been struggling to win against big time

I think u have forgotten our biggest strength has been top 3 in last few yrs and rohit is one of them

I was just responding to your claim that this guy is a match winner even better than virat on his day.

On his day he can cause a carngae liek no one, u dnt get 200 3 times like that 

Just pointing out that only 15 matches in his entire career he's scored more than 50 runs and the team won. 

It doesn't take much to be better than rohit sharma 

yea let someone even come close to rohit sharma even with his limitation

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Don't think England can defeat this Indian team in bilaterals. They don't have good enough bowlers to exploit the batting weakness and their batsmen are more likely to fail against our wrist spinners. These two teams will not make to finals if they stick to the same strengths without any changes. 

Nobody in their right mind changes strengths 

13 hours ago, sandeep said:

I used to think it was Dhoni who was responsible for this.  His 'first don't lose, take the game deep etc' mindset for our "safe" batting tactics in ODIs. And I had a lot of high expectations from Kuptaan "Aggressive" to change this up.  But the last couple of years have seen Virat double down on that method.  

And why not?  Its the formula that has made him India's biggest star.  Why would he change it?  He can keep batting at #3, keep racking up 100s, and India will win a lot of inconsequential games.  Why should he sacrifice personal glory and riches, simply in order to try and push the team results to be 5% better?  Especially following a method that is almost guaranteed to dent his batting stats, along with the other 2 "maha rathis" in the top order?  Let the middle order, old man Dhoni, etc get blamed for all of India's batting short-comings.  Why mess with a good thing?  99% of Indians will go ga-ga over Virat's #xx ODI century.  Or if Brohit pounds a few 6s and racks up another daddy ODI 100 or even 200.  So what if Brohit's 90s Ganguly-esque strike-rate in the 1st 8 overs is reducing the team total by at least 20 runs if not more, every game?  Virat, Bunty and his sister don't mind.  Do you? 

middle order is a big issue too.  if top order plays quick like we are 140/3 in 20 overs what next. There is not guarantee middle order of Dhoni and others can take them to 350 in 50. The reason they are happy with 110/1 in 20.