Latest Punjabi songs

PBN

When Honey Singh was lighting up the punjabi scene about a decade ago with the likes of Diljit, Gippy before he ventured into bollywood and starting churning out crappy music.  Most people see Honey Singh as a rapper but he's not, he's a music composer and just pops in the songs to say a couple of words which people take as rap. 

Rabbi Shergill burst into limelight with a bang with Bulla.  What a perfect first album by him..used to listen to the songs many a years back.  Tere bin is a special one.  Sadly, got lost after that initial album

Edited by PBN

Man I'm a huge Satinder Sartaj fan and its a travesty that he doesn't get the same recognition as enjoyed by the kachra Mainstream Punajbi singers such as Parmish Verma.

His songs are so soothing and calming to ears. A true legend of Punajbi folk music.

17 hours ago, Stradlater said:

How do you embed videos here?

usually it works if you copy/paste the youtube link first and then write the rest of the post.  sometimes the forum acts weird and doesn't embed it automatically..try visiting another thread, refresh and try again lol

On 7/28/2018 at 6:46 AM, Stradlater said:

Man I'm a huge Satinder Sartaj fan and its a travesty that he doesn't get the same recognition as enjoyed by the kachra Mainstream Punajbi singers such as Parmish Verma.

His songs are so soothing and calming to ears. A true legend of Punajbi folk music.

He's  actually got a Phd as welll IIRC.   I used to listen to his songs when he started out quite a lot : Sai, Dil Pehla Jeha Ni Riha (used to love this one), Cheerey wala, yamaha, etc.  IMO, his forte was the infusion of classic lyrics and language which people really got attracted to. 

Edited by PBN

1 minute ago, PBN said:

He's  actually got a Phd as welll IIRC.   I used to listen to his songs when he started out quite a lot : Sai, Dil Pehla Jeha Ni Riha, Cheerey wala, yamaha, etc.  IMO, his forte was the infusion of classic lyrics and language which people really got attracted to. 

Also he's one of the few in India who have kept alive the art of Punjabi Sufi music.

Another one I can think of is Arif Lohar from neighbor land.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, Stradlater said:

Also he's one of the few in India who have kept alive the art of Punjabi Sufi music.

Another one I can think of is Arif Lohar from neighbor land.

arif's father was quite a popular singer ..alam lohar who sang a lot of punjabi folk songs / qisse forms

jugni, which featured in coke studio, was sung by his father

Edited by PBN