I know what to expect in England: Ashwin

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-england/i-know-what-to-expect-in-england-ashwin/articleshow/64796110.cms

"I know what to expect in England, in terms of weather and pitches. Worcester's home ground is New Road, which is a very difficult track to bowl on. I enjoyed my cricket there. I also bowled a lot with the duke ball during my stint. At this point in time, it's not as difficult as bowling with the SG ball. So I think it should be fine," Ashwin said during the launch of his TNPL team Dindigul Dragons jersey here on Wednesday.

"Whether it is August or September, it never ceases to amaze me how the English weather keeps changing all the time. I don't think that will be a factor. Our fast bowlers have done well in South Africa and we batted pretty well too. The kind of overall unit we have with the five bowlers, we always fancy our chances. Going into the second innings, the spinners are always going to come into play," observed Ashwin, who hinted at a possible return to Worcestershire at the fag end of the 2018 season.

"Nothing for me is experimentation. There is logic behind whatever I do. Before I bowled a delivery of leg-spin in IPL, I have done about, probably, a lakh of balls in practice. The thought process alone is experimentation. What I might do tomorrow in a game, I really don't know. As a Test cricketer, I pretty much know what is important in a Test match. If I had to bowl a bunch of leg spinners and googlies, I would have done it even in the Afghanistan Test," he said.

"It entirely depends on what other people perceive of my cricket. It's definitely not in my control. Like any other cricketer, I want to wear the blue jersey and represent India at the World Cup. That's obviously there deep within. At this stage of my career, physically and mentally, I am just focusing on enjoying cricket. If I land an opportunity I want to be in good frame of mind to take it with both hands."

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Ashwin should be lauded for that Leg spin stuff and not ridiculed.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

atleast he is trying something new to stay relevant, the game has been made so hard for bowlers specially finger spinners in LOI 

Well he is belittling his own art of offspin and highlighting he can't bowl off spin to right handers and needs leg spin

Just now, SK_IH said:

Well he is belittling his own art of offspin and highlighting he can't bowl off spin to right handers and needs leg spin

isnt that what trend has become, the minute a right hander comes u start bowling leg spin or left arm spin and results are also their to be seen .

Thats why every team is going for wrist spinner , coz they get that extra which leads to wkts 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

isnt that what trend has become, the minute a right hander comes u start bowling leg spin or left arm spin and results are also their to be seen .

Thats why every team is going for wrist spinner , coz they get that extra which leads to wkts 

Yep I am against that trend,I believe any good off spinners or left arm spinner can bowl to either and get wkts,they don't need gimmicks like Ashwin tried

And yes I am a big fan of wristy's in any format as well,that's why will select Kuldeep over Ashwin

Good to hear, I am sure India's greatest matchwinner of all time will do well against a team with 7-8 lefties. Only hope catchers support him and not screw him over like they did in SA. His runs down the order will be vital. Kuldeep should play in Australia but this series must feature Ash/Jaddu.

Sent from my SM-G350E using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Yep I am against that trend,I believe any good off spinners or left arm spinner can bowl to either and get wkts,they don't need gimmicks like Ashwin tried

And yes I am a big fan of wristy's in any format as well,that's why will select Kuldeep over Ashwin

ur beilve doesnt change whats working or what isnt 

U cnt drop ur premier spinner with such record for a player who not even in squad last time, this doesnt send a good mssg . ashwin did well in Sa in that game, his catches were dropped

He shud be persisted with and given a chance to improve overseas. He offers a lot with bat and his experience is a help to captain to 

47 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ur beilve doesnt change whats working or what isnt 

U cnt drop ur premier spinner with such record for a player who not even in squad last time, this doesnt send a good mssg . ashwin did well in Sa in that game, his catches were dropped

He shud be persisted with and given a chance to improve overseas. He offers a lot with bat and his experience is a help to captain to 

Great ,play your premier spinner who is a failure overseas,all the best 

Lol at offers a lot with bat,my views on his batting is slightly different,anyways I ll take a bowler who can pick wkts than get runs

27 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Great ,play your premier spinner who is a failure overseas,all the best 

Lol at offers a lot with bat,my views on his batting is slightly different,anyways I ll take a bowler who can pick wkts than get runs

to small a sample

N to bowler to do well we also have to give him runs on board, our batsman were even struggling to give 300

Its sourav ganguly statement - kumble use tell me give me 500-600 runs on board ill win u games. 

We werent even giving him runs to defend n not to forget other factors like poor fielding, poor captaincy, other bowler werent gr8 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

to small a sample

N to bowler to do well we also have to give him runs on board, our batsman were even struggling to give 300

Its sourav ganguly statement - kumble use tell me give me 500-600 runs on board ill win u games. 

We werent even giving him runs to defend n not to forget other factors like poor fielding, poor captaincy, other bowler werent gr8 

well you may right about the small sample size,I for one don't trust his abilities on unresponsive pitches 

Idon't want to see a spinner unable to aid seamers like it has been the case in last few years 

10 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

well you may right about the small sample size,I for one don't trust his abilities on unresponsive pitches 

Idon't want to see a spinner unable to aid seamers like it has been the case in last few years 

how sure are u of kuldeep ????? kuldeep is also kind of a bowler who if goes for runs will go for plenty and his control is less compare ashwin n jadeja. He lacks experience to 

Wnt contribute with bat as close to ashwin

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how sure are u of kuldeep ????? kuldeep is also kind of a bowler who if goes for runs will go for plenty and his control is less compare ashwin n jadeja. He lacks experience to 

Wnt contribute with bat as close to ashwin

I think a wrist spinner will always be in the game,also I like the option of attacking option who takes wickets rather someone who can restrict runs or make runs 

Just now, SK_IH said:

I think a wrist spinner will always be in the game,also I like the option of attacking option who takes wickets rather someone who can restrict runs or make runs 

ashwin is an attacking bowler who was used defensively by dhoni n also not to forget lack of runs on board .

He may fail , but he has done enough to be allowed to earn that failure

As of now he hasnt been given a proper run acc to me . Also hope his county exp will come in handly in many ways 

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ashwin is an attacking bowler who was used defensively by dhoni n also not to forget lack of runs on board .

He may fail , but he has done enough to be allowed to earn that failure

As of now he hasnt been given a proper run acc to me . Also hope his county exp will come in handly in many ways 

Well true in this regime,he ll surely get two tests at least,he has a chance to succeed or fail

One think for sure.... I do not consider strange at all to play all the 5 all rounders(i mean who can hold the bat at the least effectively namely Ashwin,Jadeja,Kuldeep,Pandya & Bhuvi)   in the eleven in England test series. What ever these hacks Pujara, Dhwan,Rohit(or any new comer) combined  can do,  the 5 all rounders in the team can definitely do together combined. And that would  provide much variety in bowling too

Edited by rtmohanlal