The Unrealist

1st T20I (D/N), India tour of Ireland and England at Manchester, Jul 3 2018

When: Tuesday July 3, 2018. 5:30pm UK time.

Where: Old Trafford, Manchester.

What to expect: It's set to be another scorcher for the match - England is enjoying a prolonged and very welcome heatwave at the moment - and the pitch should be hard and true and good for batting, unlike the slow surface which hosted the fifth ODI against Australia.

Team News

England

England are likely to stick to the same team which beat Australia at Edgbaston last week although captain Eoin Morgan has confirmed he will look to experiment throughout the three matches as he looks ahead to the next World T20. Ben Stokes and Tom Curran are not fit for this match but could come into contention for the latter two games which will give Morgan more options.

Without the rested Mark Wood, Chris Jordan, David Willey and Liam Plunkett should make up the seam attack in the final eleven in Manchester as they did in Birmingham with Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali supplying the spin. Joe Root, despite some scrutiny over his place in the side and the inclusion of Dawid Malan in the squad as injury cover for Tom Curran, will keep his slot in the middle order.

Probable XI: Jason Roy, Jos Buttler, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Liam Plunkett, David Willey, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid.

India

Umesh Yadav was the biggest positive this year for the IPL team that Virat Kohli leads, and is likely to edge Siddarth Kaul to the fast-bowler's spot left vacant by the injured Jasprit Bumrah. Umesh's ability to trouble the batsmen with pace in the powerplay overs could be a big asset against this England side. Kaul, with his variations, seems like a more all-round option, but Umesh is likely to get the nod at the start. The first T20I might be too soon for Deepak Chahar, even if he is the man India are looking for, as he's scheduled to join up with the squad only after India A's tri-series final, being played at Kennington Oval in London on Monday (02 July).

The middle-order around MS Dhoni at 5 also seems uncertain. India have three options in Suresh Raina, Manish Pandey and Dinesh Karthik for potentially two spots - No.4 and No. 6 or 7 - with Hardik Pandya also being a definite starter as one of the finishers.

Probable XI: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Manish Pandey/Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav

What they said:

"We believe in our abilities as a team, we have a lot of T20 experience, we have just come off the IPL and coupe of games against Ireland as well where the team has looked great. Obviously, in T20 cricket the wickets are going to be something that provides entertainment to the crowd, so there's no one team that has an advantage in this format." - Virat Kohli isn't in the mood for picking favourites for the T20Is.

"I think our experience of playing in the IPL is of benefit to us. It exposes our players to the biggest competition in the world.We had 9 picked up in the auction, eventually 13 going with replacement players, which is the most we've ever had. It's great experience and exposure for our players, but it also shows where we are at as a team." - Eoin Morgan on the advantages of IPL for England players.

Teams:

England (From): Jason Roy, Jos Buttler(w), Joe Root, Eoin Morgan(c), Alex Hales, Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Liam Plunkett, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Dawid Malan, Sam Curran, Jake Ball, Tom Curran

India (From): Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli(c), MS Dhoni(w), Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Krunal Pandya, Yuzvendra Chahal, Suresh Raina, Shreyas Iyer, Kuldeep Yadav, Siddarth Kaul, Deepak Chahar

AP18183438158025.jpg

Edited by The Unrealist

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Imagine a Pandey-Dhoni jugalbandi in the slog overs where they both take singles from overs 16-19 and then go ape **** in the last over scoring 1 boundary each :fear1:.

Both are deadweights in t20 honestly no idea at 37 what Dhoni is hoping to achieve in this format but saying that even if Pant plays under current regime I don’t think he will prosper under an egoistic captain and a cheerleading coach who is more interested in his drinks than future.

7 minutes ago, The Unrealist said:

If India wins the one with my opposite user name will be disappointed but if they lose he will be delighted as he gets his chance to do his usual bashing wish he could post bit of Pro India posts :cantstop:.

what was your old moniker? 

1 hour ago, YCCC said:

Firstly why on earth do we need 3 T20s? Don't answer that. I know why with the two greediest cricket boards in the world involved.

Secondly, with the football and cricket due to finish around the same time, which England team will be the first to lose?

You start as favorites in both the games tonight.

Firstly why on earth do we need 3 T20s? Don't answer that. I know why with the two greediest cricket boards in the world involved.

Secondly, with the football and cricket due to finish around the same time, which England team will be the first to lose?
Hope your cricket team loses because no one cares about T20 game anyway, apart from perhaps cricket loving Asian community in britain. But if Eng loses the WC game...it will be a shame as entire nation is eagerly waiting for 7pm tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You start as favorites in both the games tonight.

And that is the worst position an England team can possibly be in! And it's one of the reasons we won't win the World Cup next year

Why MSD is  still playing T20Is?Next major ICC tournament in 20 Over format is Worldcup (WT20) in Australia in year 2020.by that World cup,Dhoni will be 39-40 year old.(he will turn 38 in 4 days on 7th July).He should give away WK/Batsman position to young ,upcoming players like Pant,ishan kishan or sanju samson

25 minutes ago, YCCC said:

And that is the worst position an England team can possibly be in! And it's one of the reasons we won't win the World Cup next year

Next year is the best chance for your team to lift the trophy.Your team reminds me of Indian team post 2007 debacle where our batting was really strong with a great middle order I see the same thing with England.It will come down to how they handle the pressure if they reach the semi finals or the finals.

Edited by Switchblade

The pre game press conference that captain gives has lost its relevance these days. Media is gagged and journalists are asked not to ask any tough questions. I am amazed that no one asked about no Rishabh Pant in T20 team. Its like all journalists were there to please kohli. Remember that SA journalist? You need that kind of reporter to get under the skin of Kohli and force him to make changes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 Rohit

2 Dhawan

3 Kohli

4 KL Rahul

5 MS Dhoni

6 Suresh Raina/krunal pandya

7 hardik

8 bhuvi

9 Kuldeep

10 Chahal

11 umesh yadav/Sid Kaul/Deepak Chahar

This should be today's playing XI

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Rahul should open the innings rather than batting at 4.

Then where will Rohit bat ?At 4 ?

[mention=26024]UrmiSinhaRay[/mention] tum sab posts like kar deti ho kya? Sabki reputation to tumhare likes se improve ho jati hogi :--D.
I like posts to show that I have read that post.
Little bit of appreciation from my side

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Rahul should open the innings rather than batting at 4.

We all know that means Rahul will never play till Dhawan or Rohit retires in that case,I would rather have him in team than not at all.

Kohli is just 8 runs away from becoming quickest to 2000 T20I runs(in other words,scoring X amount of runs in least inngs).he was quickest to 1000 T20 I runs as well.Brendon Mcullum currently holds the record of quickest to 2000 T20I runs.he took 66 inngs while Kohli has 1992 runs in 55 inngs.so he will easily break this record in this 3 T20 series vs ENG ,I Mean he just needs 8 runs in next 10 inngs :phehe:

Here is the deal. There is no room in modern day cricket for garbage players like Rohit who consolidate and try to get their eye in. Look at England. Roy and Butler will go from ball one

Need to drop fatty Rohit for dynamic opener like KL Rahul

Rahul

Dhawan

Raina

Kohli

MSD

kKd

Pandya

Is a solid top 7.

5 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Here is the deal. There is no room in modern day cricket for garbage players like Rohit who consolidate and try to get their eye in. Look at England. Roy and Butler will go from ball one

Need to drop fatty Rohit for dynamic opener like KL Rahul

Rahul

Dhawan

Raina

Kohli

MSD

kKd

Pandya

Is a solid top 7.

Oh the irony :hysterical:

Guest, sign in to access all features.