Shivam Dubey

On 12/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, Vijy said:

all I said is that I don't seem any alternatives to him now, not that he should be played everywhere and anywhere. 5 + 1 + 5 is the best we can do for now, esp if 2 out of these 5 bowlers are ashwin/jaddu/bhuvi.

There are a handful of guys who have written him off and will continue to do so, regardless of the facts of the matter.  Facts don't matter, only confirmation bias does.  

On 12/2/2018 at 1:52 AM, Rightarmfast said:

I find that sentence funny. Its self contradictory. Btw, Dubey's bowling seems decent enough for test. I would put it this way, Dubey's bowling is far better than Pandya's batting abilities in tests. As a bowler, Pandya is as clueless as it gets. Its like playing a game of darts with eyes closed. You never know when you're going to hit something. 

Comparing Dubey's bowling to viv richards is ridiculous. Or even carl hoopers. He knows how to bowl in a channel, can swing decently. Knows how to set a batsman and how to stop run flow. Seems to know how to bowl wicket to wicket. Seems fine to me!

Shivam Dubey is much more sound batsman than Hardik Pandya. 

FC comparison:

1. Shivam Dubey has already scored one more ton than Hardik Pandya in 38 less innings.

2. Shivam Dubey's highest score is also better than Hardik Pandya's highest FC score in just 7 innings.

3. The less said about average the better. He looks well set to surpass Hardik pandya's FC runs tally in less than half the number of matches.

image.png.2417a0ba48ddf5a3c8e429ac240e12ca.png

Edited by Straight Drive
8 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

where was this guy all the while??? Already over 25 and has played only 4 FC matches...... A bit strange....

Abhishek Nayar was Mumbai's all rounder till 2017 - 2018 Ranji Season. Shivam Dubey is his like to like replacement of pace all rounder since Abhishek Nayar is now representing Puducherry this season.  Abhishek Nayar was a gun FC cricketer.  Batting average of 45.38 with 1 wicket per bowling innings in FC. 

Edited by Straight Drive
1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Shivam Dubey is much more sound batsman than Hardik Pandya. 

FC comparison:

1. Shivam Dubey has already scored one more ton than Hardik Pandya in 38 less innings.

2. Shivam Dubey's highest score is also better than Hardik Pandya's highest FC score in just 7 innings.

3. The less said about average the better. He looks well set to surpass Hardik pandya's FC runs tally in less than half the number of matches.

image.png.2417a0ba48ddf5a3c8e429ac240e12ca.png

Er

He may be beter bat.  So maybe Shakhar.  Not sure.  Problem is with these 2 is there bolwing is tragic dross.  I dont even call them all rounders as 65 mph seam up is gonna get spanked.  Might as well call dada and sunny all rounders if these guys are called ones. 

I dont even call Dubey a trundler as not quick enough for that.

Like him as a bat. But players like him show why Pandya is played as bowls serious clicks and bats.  No one close to him since Kapil Dev in this regard.  This maybe sad indictment on indian cricket but thtas how rare and unique pandya is

18 hours ago, SUMO said:

With this kind of bowling he can target kedar's place not pandya.

If he can bat with sense he can definitely replacr kedar/pant at no. 6

Even otherwise there is no harm in playing two similar type of all-rounders based on conditions. In the late 90s, South Africans used to play Pollock, klusener, Kallis, McMillan in the same 11. 

Being an outside fan I've got a question for Indian folks. Are these Indian batsman as good as their FC stats? In Pakistan almost all bowlers average <30 with many averaging below 25 however their stats are overstated as they get bowling suitable conditions and the batsmen are awful. The vast majority are helpless trundlers. So was just wondering if it was the opposite way around In India?

4 hours ago, Mirpur express said:

Being an outside fan I've got a question for Indian folks. Are these Indian batsman as good as their FC stats? In Pakistan almost all bowlers average <30 with many averaging below 25 however their stats are overstated as they get bowling suitable conditions and the batsmen are awful. The vast majority are helpless trundlers. So was just wondering if it was the opposite way around In India?

There are people like Sir Jaddu whose batting stats are inflated. However, with that said, there are plenty of bowlers in India with sub-25 avgs who have inflated stats as well - Joginder Sharma, Gagandeep Singh, Basant Mohanty, etc are some examples. All of them were useless trundlers but domestic gods.