Shivam Dubey

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

We need a leftie who can hit the ball a mile and bowl few overs,

Krunal pandya

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

this lad would be ideal at no6. Has any IPL team selected him.What are Mumbai Indians doing overlooking local talent.

MI already has pandya bros + anukul roy to 

Best thing for him wud be if he gets picked by any other franchise like RCB, KXIP, RR

Watched Dubey and my 2 cents is, this guy is already better than any other posers tagged as allrounders. For one, he has got his attitude right when it comes to batting. He has got his ground covered there. His bowling is not earth shattering but just decent enough to give the needed rest to the regular bowlers. He knows how to bowl in a channel. Decent inswing. Dont see this guy bowling any quicker which is alright. We dont need a bowler bowling at 145 and getting tonked all over. 

The question wasnt directed at me, but again, Vijay Shankar looks a decent batsman and looks grounded and dedicated. I believe with time, he will only get better. Even he seems just decent enough as a bowler. 

We need players who we can trust to do a job. And with Dubey one thing is clear, we can trust him with batting. And he can sustain some amount of bowling. Similar with Shankar. He is not flashy by any stretch of imagination. Which is a good thing. It means he should be grounded always. From what I have seen of him, he looks like a player who can just hold on to one end, something which we desperately need. His military medium bowling can come handy at times. 

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Watched Dubey and my 2 cents is, this guy is already better than any other posers tagged as allrounders. For one, he has got his attitude right when it comes to batting. He has got his ground covered there. His bowling is not earth shattering but just decent enough to give the needed rest to the regular bowlers. He knows how to bowl in a channel. Decent inswing. Dont see this guy bowling any quicker which is alright. We dont need a bowler bowling at 145 and getting tonked all over. 

The question wasnt directed at me, but again, Vijay Shankar looks a decent batsman and looks grounded and dedicated. I believe with time, he will only get better. Even he seems just decent enough as a bowler. 

We need players who we can trust to do a job. And with Dubey one thing is clear, we can trust him with batting. And he can sustain some amount of bowling. Similar with Shankar. He is not flashy by any stretch of imagination. Which is a good thing. It means he should be grounded always. From what I have seen of him, he looks like a player who can just hold on to one end, something which we desperately need. His military medium bowling can come handy at times. 

I agree this guy looks better than both Pandya bros, and as a bowler looks like bowling heavy ball like Kallis. To be fair we need to see him facing international bowlers.

6 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

his bowling and that of shankar are not test-level, even by the standards of batting allrounders. The closest analogy that comes to mind (although a spinner) is Carl Hooper - it's true that Hooper could bowl a decent no. of overs as the 5th bowler, but he was completely toothless as seen from his avg. I think the same will also apply to Shankar and Dubey as of now, unless they improve later on. In Tests, just bowling overs and holding an end up is not enough for the 5th bowler. If one looks as Carl Hooper, Viv  Richards, etc. they were handy ODI bowlers (i.e. batting all-rounders) but not so in tests.

Similarly, in ODIs, there is no place anymore for military medium bowlers. People like Larsen, Ealham and Chris Harris would be smacked for a truckload of runs. Hence, while Dubey and especially Shankar may be better at batting than Hardik, their bowling is not up to the mark. Of course, Hardik is quite far from the finished article himself in both batting & bowling, but I don't see any real alternatives to him right now. In the long-term future, maybe Nagarkoti/Mavi will emerge as reliable pace bowling all-rounders.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

his bowling and that of shankar are not test-level, even by the standards of batting allrounders. The closest analogy that comes to mind (although a spinner) is Carl Hooper - it's true that Hooper could bowl a decent no. of overs as the 5th bowler, but he was completely toothless as seen from his avg. I think the same will also apply to Shankar and Dubey as of now, unless they improve later on. In Tests, just bowling overs and holding an end up is not enough for the 5th bowler. If one looks as Carl Hooper, Viv  Richards, etc. they were handy ODI bowlers (i.e. batting all-rounders) but not so in tests.

Similarly, in ODIs, there is no place anymore for military medium bowlers. People like Larsen, Ealham and Chris Harris would be smacked for a truckload of runs. Hence, while Dubey and especially Shankar may be better at batting than Hardik, their bowling is not up to the mark. Of course, Hardik is quite far from the finished article himself in both batting & bowling, but I don't see any real alternatives to him right now. In the long-term future, maybe Nagarkoti/Mavi will emerge as reliable pace bowling all-rounders.

I find that sentence funny. Its self contradictory. Btw, Dubey's bowling seems decent enough for test. I would put it this way, Dubey's bowling is far better than Pandya's batting abilities in tests. As a bowler, Pandya is as clueless as it gets. Its like playing a game of darts with eyes closed. You never know when you're going to hit something. 

Comparing Dubey's bowling to viv richards is ridiculous. Or even carl hoopers. He knows how to bowl in a channel, can swing decently. Knows how to set a batsman and how to stop run flow. Seems to know how to bowl wicket to wicket. Seems fine to me!

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I find that sentence funny. Its self contradictory. Btw, Dubey's bowling seems decent enough for test. I would put it this way, Dubey's bowling is far better than Pandya's batting abilities in tests. As a bowler, Pandya is as clueless as it gets. Its like playing a game of darts with eyes closed. You never know when you're going to hit something.  

Comparing Dubey's bowling to viv richards is ridiculous. Or even carl hoopers. He knows how to bowl in a channel, can swing decently. Knows how to set a batsman and how to stop run flow. Seems to know how to bowl wicket to wicket. Seems fine to me! 

I don't think there was much of a contradiction - I don't think Pandya is the finished article, and the same also holds true for Shankar and Dubey. None of them can be classified as Ben Stokes category. Moreover, not many bowlers who get by these days just trundling wkt to wkt on the int'l scene - need something extra.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I don't think there was much of a contradiction - I don't think Pandya is the finished article, and the same also holds true for Shankar and Dubey. None of them can be classified as Ben Stokes category. Moreover, not many bowlers who get by these days just trundling wkt to wkt on the int'l scene - need something extra.

Which is why it was contradictory. If Pandya is not a finished product, then he doesnt deserve to be in the team. And you yourself admit to it. If we do not have a finished product all rounder, then we shouldnt take just about anybody, because theres no point going below mediocrity. 

However, in the same breadth, you tried to say since Dubey and Shankar are also not finished products, we should rather have Pandya! And thats contradictory to me.

19 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Which is why it was contradictory. If Pandya is not a finished product, then he doesnt deserve to be in the team. And you yourself admit to it. If we do not have a finished product all rounder, then we shouldnt take just about anybody, because theres no point going below mediocrity. 

However, in the same breadth, you tried to say since Dubey and Shankar are also not finished products, we should rather have Pandya! And thats contradictory to me.

all I said is that I don't seem any alternatives to him now, not that he should be played everywhere and anywhere. 5 + 1 + 5 is the best we can do for now, esp if 2 out of these 5 bowlers are ashwin/jaddu/bhuvi.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

all I said is that I don't seem any alternatives to him now, not that he should be played everywhere and anywhere. 5 + 1 + 5 is the best we can do for now, esp if 2 out of these 5 bowlers are ashwin/jaddu/bhuvi.

I do not agree to playing a liability in the team. But I respect your opinion and point of view.

This guy could be good bat in white ball cricket.  Defo will be on IPL radar.

Yuvraj singh clone

Bowling is awful and non factor.  Binny/ Collingwood type.  Nota all rounder for india nor is Shankhar.  Both will have good keepers standing up tp stumps.  They will get licked in big boys cricket

This is KEY difference between Hardik Pandya and any other all rounders who bowl seam since Kapil Dev (not just current bunch) .  Panday bowl serious wheels and can trouible top batsamn with his bolwing, we have seen this at time already.  Yes he is not prefect but this is why in team , bowls pace and bats proper.  The others just bat proper and bowl dibbly dobbly crap at 75 mph