Duryodhana seems to be the most righteous person among all the Mahabharata characters !!!

velu

At the end of the war when Pandavas and Krishna Yudhisthira makes him an offer that he may pick any of the Pandava brothers to fight against one-to-one with a weapon of his choice, and that if he defeats that Pandava, Duryodhana shall be deemed the victor of the war. Duryodhana picks his arch enemy Bhima over the other Pandava brothers whom he could have effortlessly overwhelmed with his skill at fighting with the mace, to ensure a fair fight he picks up Bheema.

main-qimg-8040070def49d7ff43ce77ed36c8b5

:thinking:

Edited by velu

21 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Erm he also ordered His younger bigdail brother Dushasan to strip Draupadi forcefully in front of the entire hall and make her sit on his lap.

Righteousness my arse.

thats revenge .. 

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Erm he also ordered His younger bigdail brother Dushasan to strip Draupadi forcefully in front of the entire hall and make her sit on his lap.

Righteousness my arse.

The five spineless husbands of draupadi were no better.

Bloody namard bhaiya bet the collective wife and the other 4 spineless just sat there.

The only righteous one was Karn.

He was too good to be involved with all these bad seeds. 

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Bloody namard bhaiya bet the collective wife and the other 4 spineless just sat there.

Karna called Draupadi vaishya , Just read original. Text He was one of main instigator of Cheerharan , it is neo 21st century version which made him look good O/W there is nothing good in his life.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Are you kidding me? Karna righteous one? 

Wont blame you  though.Romanticism of karna's righteousness is too much on tv.

But a feminist like you should be the last person to admire Karna. If you want to praise someone you should praise Vikarna. He was sulking when Draupadi was insulted while all others including the most respected Bhisma watched shamelessly doing nothing.

15 minutes ago, Pollack said:

But a feminist like you should be the last person to admire Karna. If you want to praise someone you should praise Vikarna. He was sulking when Draupadi was insulted while all others including the most respected Bhisma watched shamelessly doing nothing.

I don't watch tv.

I have not heard such bad things about karn....if true, then i guess he was bad seed too.

26 minutes ago, Pollack said:

how about betting their wife ? :p: 

pandvas treated their wife /wives as object

duryodhana took only one wife and trusted her even when her wardrobe was pulled by karna 

12 minutes ago, velu said:

duryodhana took only one wife and trusted her even when her wardrobe was pulled by karna 

According to texts Yudhisthira committed only one sin in Life when he lied about Ashwathama death  and he was punished for that as he has to see image of hell O/W his life was perfect .So I guess according to god's law he did nothing wrong or whatever wrong he committed he just paid for that in life as vanvaas

11 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

According to texts Yudhisthira committed only one sin in Life when he lied about Ashwathama death  and he was punished for that as he has to see image of hell O/W his life was perfect .So I guess according to god's law he did nothing wrong or whatever wrong he committed he just paid for that in life as vanvaas

for me only thing duryodan did is insulting draupadi out of revenge :(

anywya yudistra was knowing the all the goalmal things krisha was doing to win the war and was part of it silently  :p:

18 minutes ago, velu said:

Which part of this post did you not understand:

No character in Mahabharat is righteous except of course Krishna.

Where did I say Pandavas were righteous. They paid for their wrong doings too. Wife getting insulted, vanvas, killing their own brothers including karna etc.. Draupadi was mad at Pandavas too for treating her like an object but forgive them. Even karna couldnt stop admiring her for forgiving even when her husband's brought her great misery.

19 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Even in those days...it was not acceptable to bet their wife .

4 hours ago, velu said:

he did all possible cheating :((

LOL How about the many treacherous plans hatched by DUryodhan and Shakuni before. Were they fair? Besides, the main reason for war were :

1) For Karavas: To acquire kingdom

2)Pandavas: To take revenge

3)Krishna : Start of a new beginning. New Age.

If Krishna wanted he could have avoided all the cheating by being a warrior fighting from pandavas side. He chose to be sarathi instead. 

Besides Yudhishthir lost while gambling due to cheating which resulted in great insult and eventual war.

20 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Which part of this post did you not understand:

No character in Mahabharat is righteous except of course Krishna.

Where did I say Pandavas were righteous. They paid for their wrong doings too. Wife getting insulted, vanvas, killing their own brothers including karna etc.. Draupadi was mad at Pandavas too for treating her like an object but forgive them. Even karna couldnt stop admiring her for forgiving even when her husband's brought her great misery.

point is karna and duryodana treated women better than pandavas ..

anyway no issues if you agree both groups are at fault here ..

but wont agree krishna is righteous 

4 minutes ago, velu said:

point is karna and duryodana treated women better than pandavas ..

anyway no issues if you agree both groups are at fault here ..

but wont agree krishna is righteous 

I dont want to discuss on Krishna. I am okay if you want to believe something but as per forum policy we should not bring in the topic that is going to hurt someone's sentiments. By the way, I can definitely discuss this 1 on 1 but not on an open forum.