Prithvi Shaw is ready

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

His batting style is like sehwag, but unique about sehwag was his mindset  and he destroyed spinner which shaw got exposed against in IPL. 

SO lets not make comparisons now 

Exposed is a strong word. Everytime a batsman gets out does not mean he is exposed. I do not see any obvious weakness in his game against spinners.

9 hours ago, Clarke said:

I don't think Sehwag, his abilities and contributions needs any debate. 

A younger me would have dished out proper expletives here :--D

You are reacting like it's some secret or heard for the first time.

9 hours ago, Switchblade said:

So you are saying that his centuries in England or Australia or even during the 2002 tour of Newzealand was a fluke or scored on flat tracks? You don’t rate Sehwag then?

Which century he scored in 2002 test series or in England tests? He was mediocre in SA too.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

So? he still had his issues. 

Every batsman has issues,no one is perfect

The point here was people think Shaw can be like Veeru ,which I disagree because it's not easy to be like Veeru

BTW for your wisdom

100 at Nottingham in 2002

Twin 100s at NZ 2002 

100 va NZ at Dambulla 2010

200 at Galle 

are some of the knocks of top of my head when he looked class apart from others ,so he was definitely way way better than flat track 100 and spicy pitch 0

Veeru downfall in tests especially overseas started when started disrespecting the conditions, which he never used to before ,his failures in NZ 2009,SA 2010 were result of that 

36 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Every batsman has issues,no one is perfect

The point here was people think Shaw can be like Veeru ,which I disagree because it's not easy to be like Veeru

BTW for your wisdom

100 at Nottingham in 2002

Twin 100s at NZ 2002 

100 va NZ at Dambulla 2010

200 at Galle 

are some of the knocks of top of my head when he looked class apart from others ,so he was definitely way way better than flat track 100 and spicy pitch 0

Veeru downfall in tests especially overseas started when started disrespecting the conditions, which he never used to before ,his failures in NZ 2009,SA 2010 were result of that 

i have one answer Sehwag averages 33 in test matches played in SENA countries.

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Who cares.   I and many other people enjoyed his batting more than many   " good " batsmen "    : )

If Shaw can become even 80% of what Sehwag was, most fans would have a gala time.

even I enjoyed Sehwag's batting, but what fact is a fact and cant be ignored.

45 minutes ago, Number said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15349/scorecard/63998/england-vs-india-2nd-test-india-tour-of-england-2002/

His centuries in NZ were in ODIs but they were great too since hardly any batsman could cross 50 in that series.

Here, I am talking about tests because Shaw scored runs in a 4-day game there he has been compared with how Sehwag batted, not ODIs.  Sehwag was a better test batsman.

Sehwag averages 33 in test cricket in SA, NZ, England, and Australia.  1-2 good or bad games or a 100 does not make a batsman great or bad.  It is the whole career that decides whether the batsman was good or not.  On a good day, even Yuvraj scored a 100 on a green pitch when we were 61/4 in a test match.     

Edited by rkt.india
39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i have one answer Sehwag averages 33 in test matches played in SENA countries.

You have changed the goal post ,it's all about SENA countries ,earlier it was FTB

I have another answer for you,Sehwag was a test great 

lulz just saw your next post in which you have cited an example about yuvi ,you cannot be this ignorant

14 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

You have changed the goal post ,it's all about SENA countries ,earlier it was FTB

I have another answer for you,Sehwag was a test great 

lulz just saw your next post in which you have cited an example about yuvi ,you cannot be this ignorant

Yuvi was just an example that anyone can score on his day, but it is consistency that makes you great.  Do you know what FTB means? SENA countries are where you dont get flat pitches often enough and FTBs are exposed.  Neither I said Sehwag was not a test great, but it does not mean he was good non-flat pitches.  What is the criteria of greatness in tests for a batsman form SC, doing well in SENA and for SENA batsmen, doing well in SC.  Dravid averages 48 in SENA countreis, SRT 51. For me, anyone who can average 40 plus in SENA countries combined is a test great.  I still consider Sehwag a great because he was just one level above everyone else in familiar conditions and at the pace he batted.  

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Here, I am talking about tests because Shaw scored runs in a 4-day game there he has been compared with how Sehwag batted, not ODIs.  Sehwag was a better test batsman.

Flat track or spicy pitch is the same for one or test. You said Shaw is a flat track bully regardless of one day or tests. Sehwag at his peak has played some good innings under spicy conditions. Few examples are given above to which your response is absurd like he averages 33 in tests. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Yuvi was just an example that anyone can score on his day, but it is consistency that makes you great.  Do you know what FTB means? SENA countries are where you dont get flat pitches often enough and FTBs are exposed.  Neither I said Sehwag was not a test great, but it does not mean he was good non-flat pitches.  What is the criteria of greatness in tests for a batsman form SC, doing well in SENA and for SENA batsmen, doing well in SC.  Dravid averages 48 in SENA countreis, SRT 51. For me, anyone who can average 40 plus in SENA countries combined is a test great.  I still consider Sehwag a great because he was just one level above everyone else in familiar conditions and at the pace he batted.  

There are definitely more examples than "just on his day" in case of Veeru.Also going by this inane criteria of particular averages in SENA countries and Sub-continent,Ricky ponting was also well short of greatness

You should look at Veeru's dismissals post Aus tour 2008,you ll find he got out more because of his own blunders/impatience than bowler or spicy pitches

BTW Veeru was as susceptible on difficult tracks as any other batsman,mind you turners , which you get in Sub-continent are sometimes more challenging than so called spicy wkts of Eng ,Aus etc