Muslim personal law board plans to open Sharia courts across India

Singh bling

Ideally it can be a good move as people won't have to go to court for matters which can be resolved much earlier and courts are overburdened.

However, there is probably lot of scope of abuse with interpretation and implementation of Sharia laws and it may happen that once something is decided in Sharia court, there will be social pressure to follow it and not to challenge it in courts.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Ideally it can be a good move as people won't have to go to court for matters which can be resolved much earlier and courts are overburdened.

However, there is probably lot of scope of abuse with interpretation and implementation of Sharia laws and it may happen that once something is decided in Sharia court, there will be social pressure to follow it and not to challenge it in courts.

This is very bad move especially for women.Even if Sharia court imposes social boycott ,it is also deadly punishment , women will be pressurised not to go to courts or pilice o/w nobody will talk to them or their families.

In more baclward area they will even start punishment like lashing or beating in public , may be mild.This will cut of muslim community from Indian law for social issues

As long as both parties are Muslim, I don't care. How Muslims choose to solve their personal issues is not our business. Only in an event of a dispute arising between a Muslim and a Non-Muslim, Indian law takes precedence. 

It's inevitable anyway, as Muslim numbers rise in India they will strive for more autonomy. I won't be surprised if in the future, Muslim  majority areas in India will be under the jurisprudence of Nigerian Style Islamic Laws .

India is no Western Nation with only a  handful of Muslim immigrants who can be forced to follow Secular and uniform laws in all aspects, it's a big number of indigenous Muslims that we are dealing with here who can demand and get their demands met. 

12 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

As long as both parties are Muslim, I don't care. How Muslims choose to solve their personal issues is not our business. Only in an event of a dispute arising between a Muslim and a Non-Muslim, Indian law takes precedence. 

It's inevitable anyway, as Muslim numbers rise in India they will strive for more autonomy. I won't be surprised if in the future, Muslim  majority areas in India will be under the jurisprudence of Nigerian Style Islamic Laws .

India is no Western Nation with only a  handful of Muslim immigrants who can be forced to follow Secular and uniform laws in all aspects, it's a big number of indigenous Muslims that we are dealing with here who can demand and get their demands met. 

I suppose with that logic you should have no problems accepting awards of caste based Khap panchayats as well since thats how the members of a certain castes choose to resolve their issues?

It's Republic of India and not some medieval kingdom where communities are given personal autonomy to deal with their issues so long as they don't intervene in state's affairs. In a democratic society rule of law should prevail. With such courts getting more acceptance it would mean life becoming much harder for Muslim Women who are already way behind in many of the social indicators. It's a step backward in every sense imaginable.

And numerical superiority doesn't give Muslim clerics any right to arm twist laws as they want. Where do one draw the line anyway? Next they would want something even more outrageous, what then? This madness needs to be stopped right now and with a chewtia govt at the helm I don't see any hope for the future.

Why break India for that? Isn't Pakistan created for that sole purpose? Go settle there if you want a separate country.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Gollum said:

13 hours ago, nikred said:

Why break India for that? Isn't Pakistan created for that sole purpose? Go settle there if you want a separate country.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Guys you need to be considerate. They dont like Pakistan and you cannot force them to go and live there but Arabian sea and Bengal Bay is all theirs if they want something of their own. In india they get nothing more than what they already have. And not just them, any other community, caste, creed, religion is going to get a separate country out of India. We are all one and will remain one. Those who have problem go anywhere you like. The 2 options are given above. 

This thread is classic example of Islamophobia.

Sharia for Mislims of India, How does it matters to Hindus?

Hmmm... will it matter for Muslims if Hindus ask for their own Personal Laws?

Will you ask the same question if Shariah is demanded in other democratic countries like UK or USA?

Do you know who are Dhimmis?

Do you really think there’s no need of any Phobia from Islam?

8 minutes ago, asterix said:

Hmmm... will it matter for Muslims if Hindus ask for their own Personal Laws?
Will you ask the same question if Shariah is demanded in other democratic countries like UK or USA?

Do you know who are Dhimmis?

How is democratic world Which is trying to enforces its own law over divine law among a group of religious people different then Muslim countries.

Yes, I think Muslim all over world should be allowed to live under Sharia. That is only way they will understand the difference 

Edited by mishra

How is democratic world Which is trying to enforces its own law over divine law among a group of religious people different then Muslim countries.
Yes, I think Muslim all over world should be allowed to live under Sharia. That is only way they will understand the difference 

:hail:

You’re a legend....