A r rahman's celeb stature in India...

Temujin Khaghan

27 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

All I can say is there are other great Cricketers like SRT..But there isn't anyone even close to ARR when it comes to ''Originality'' in Music.

you need to check itwofs to see how original was Rehman.

@Alam_dar in case you are unaware AR Rahman is a convert. He was born Dileep Kumar to Hindu parents and converted to Islam in his 20s. But that didn't stop him from becoming a superstar and as popular as top cricketers and Bollywood actors. Hindus have always been inherently secular and had no problem in accepting a convert. In most 3rd world countries in Asia/Africa instances of majority converting to minority religion will result in violence but not in India. Even Hindutva activists don't trouble Rahman but Muslim outfits do threaten him (eg Raza Academy) because of his Sufi leanings. You must understand why BJP is in power now and why RSS continues to grow. Decades of minority appeasement and undermining India's dharmic traditions are the biggest reasons for rising intolerance and communalism today.  Had Congress, Muslims, Christian Missionaries, liberals, communists not infringed upon rights and way of life of Hindus right from day 1 India would be a different place today.

I don't subscribe to Hindutva but we must understand why so many millions are turning towards that path today, Hindutva would have been fringe but is gradually becoming mainstream as a reaction to onslaught on Hinduism....Newton's 3rd law. Hinduism can overcome Hindutva only when the other side tones down, else it will grow from strength to strength. That is why balance is important, nothing should be immune to criticism....be it BJP/RSS or Congress/Liberals/Communists/Minorities.

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

@Alam_dar in case you are unaware AR Rahman is a convert. He was born Dileep Kumar to Hindu parents and converted to Islam in his 20s. But that didn't stop him from becoming a superstar and as popular as top cricketers and Bollywood actors. Hindus have always been inherently secular and had no problem in accepting a convert. In most 3rd world countries in Asia/Africa instances of majority converting to minority religion will result in violence but not in India. Even Hindutva activists don't trouble Rahman but Muslim outfits do threaten him (eg Raza Academy) because of his Sufi leanings. You must understand why BJP is in power now and why RSS continues to grow. Decades of minority appeasement and undermining India's dharmic traditions are the biggest reasons for rising intolerance and communalism today.  Had Congress, Muslims, Christian Missionaries, liberals, communists not infringed upon rights and way of life of Hindus right from day 1 India would be a different place today.

I don't subscribe to Hindutva but we must understand why so many millions are turning towards that path today, Hindutva would have been fringe but is gradually becoming mainstream as a reaction to onslaught on Hinduism....Newton's 3rd law. Hinduism can overcome Hindutva only when the other side tones down, else it will grow from strength to strength. That is why balance is important, nothing should be immune to criticism....be it BJP/RSS or Congress/Liberals/Communists/Minorities.

I could understand this reaction very well. Extremist Muslims have reached to that limits where I do support their killings in order to save the humanity from their evil. 

Islam and Muslims will get somewhat the same reaction all over the world sooner or later. 

Even in Europe we are watching the rise of the RW, who absolutely hate Muslims. 

Problem is with extreme far right is this that they are not only against the Extremist Muslims, but their nature make them to turn against the normal Muslims too who want to live peacefully. And also against anyone which differs from the RW. 

Look at trump. Could we say that he is only against the Muslims? 

No, the RW in America also hate the Indians and ridicule them, while it is the LW in America which loves Indian Culture and promotes integration of Indians. 

Balance.

The fair demands of the RW (like no appeasement policies) should be accepted and supported. But I feel that we don't have to let the RW go out of balance in name of reaction.

Edited by Alam_dar