India vs England, 1st ODI , at 5 pm IST. 12 July at Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Riding on an impressive Twenty20 International series win, an upbeat India will eye another dominant performance against hosts England in the three-match One-day International series, which begins at Trent Bridge, Nottingham on Thursday.

With the 50-over World Cup scheduled to be held in the UK next year, the ODI series will give Virat Kohli an ideal opportunity to get a fair idea of the conditions that his team are expected to encounter around the same time next year.

Squads:

India: Virat Kohli (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shreyas Iyer, Siddarth Kaul, Axar Patel, Umesh Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.

England: Eoin Morgan (capt), Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Joe Root, Jake Ball, Tom Curran, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Ben Stokes, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Mark Wood.

43 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If England are not completely stupid they should play

1. Buttler

2.Roy

3.Root

4.Hales

5.Morgan

6. Bairstow

7.Stokes

8. Plunkett

9. Wood

10. Rashid

11. Ball

Moeen Ali does not deserve a place on merit. Root can always be a 6th bowling option if at all.

i think bairstrow will open n butler goes down  n thats how they play ODi's

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

is pitch Green or AVerage....

if it is green play 4 Pacers( umesh bhuvi shardul) including hardik and 1 spinner Kuldeep  and if it is brown , play 3 pacers.. n spin twins.

eng men odi men green pitch bhul jao, this is the patta where almost 500 were scored against Aus recently

Oh. This is on tomorrow. Really Can't be arsed with any sport right now. Even cancelled plans to go to Durham to watch Yorkshire on Friday night as I don't feel up to it. A low key county T20 just doesn't cut it after tonight's disappointment and neither does yet another bilateral ODI series. The power of the football world cup. 

Enjoy anyway. Might check the score, might not. Won't feel much emotion whatever happens.

1 hour ago, Zero_Unit said:

this is what i have been waiting for. This ODI series will somewhat give us an indication on how we will do in the WC. Eng definitely looks like the ones that will be the team to beat this time around in ODI 

Not exactly.English bowling is rubbish and I dont they will challenge Dhoni/Raina/Kartik enough to expose their failings if any.And it could bite us back just like CT17 final.

2 hours ago, YCCC said:

Oh. This is on tomorrow. Really Can't be arsed with any sport right now. Even cancelled plans to go to Durham to watch Yorkshire on Friday night as I don't feel up to it. A low key county T20 just doesn't cut it after tonight's disappointment and neither does yet another bilateral ODI series. The power of the football world cup. 

Enjoy anyway. Might check the score, might not. Won't feel much emotion whatever happens.

Sorry, mate. Chin up.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i think bairstrow will open n butler goes down  n thats how they play ODi's

Oh i know bro but they should play that top 7. For some reason England want to play two allrounders in Stokes and Ali. Only 1 of them should ever play. 6 bowling options are too many. 

4 hours ago, YCCC said:

This was their best chance and they blew it. Not sure if they will get any easier path to finals ever again. 

4 hours ago, YCCC said:

Tough luck, bro.