Our seam bowling reserves

flamy

Without Bhuvi and Bumrah, on these flat tracks, I'm looking forward to seeing how our bench performs. 

Can Yadav and Hardik step up?

Yadav gets wickets, we can bet on that, and he will be expensive, we can count on that.

Hardik, just needs to show some work ethic, and add some variety to his bowling. That will separate him from being a cool cricketer (can't bring myself to give him a more flattering moniker) vs a jackass.

Kaul, I have a hard time placing. His work ethic, and knack for picking wickets makes me forgiving of his nascent probing into the India Blues. But if he wants to leave more than a scratch at the door, he has to make an impact quick. And, needs to get a better headband.

I'll say I'm wary about our pace bowling.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Seems like you haven't watched cricket in a long time. Hardik already has added a lot of varieties. Knuckle ball, slower balls, slow short balls.

I admit I mostly just watch highlights nowadays except for real crikey (IPL), but I just see him bowl short all the time.

27 minutes ago, flamy said:

I admit I mostly just watch highlights nowadays except for real crikey (IPL), but I just see him bowl short all the time.

because short ball works for him if there is nothing happening from the pitch.  

Edited by rkt.india
8 hours ago, flamy said:

Hardik, just needs to show some work ethic, and add some variety to his bowling. That will separate him from being a cool cricketer (can't bring myself to give him a more flattering moniker) vs a jackass.

Kaul, I have a hard time placing. His work ethic, and knack for picking wickets makes me forgiving of his nascent probing into the India Blues. But if he wants to leave more than a scratch at the door, he has to make an impact quick. And, needs to get a better headband.

That hardik portion:facepalm:

Do u work in Miss Malini, that ur worried about their fashion sense

26 minutes ago, flamy said:

U shud really start to watch matches to see that hardik is not the bowler ur describing 

U hve to understand on such pitches everyone is going for runs, teams like Aus, Sa, Eng are more comfertable playing pacers then spinners so they target them also. Hardik as a bowler has improved leaps n bounces from SA. Today conditions have become so harsh for bowlers that the expectation of low economy shud be kept in check 

40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Joke is on us, the fast bowling fans.

We thought that IPL and A-tours would bring out the hidden and not so hidden gems like  Khaleel,  Rajpoot, Prasidh, Saini, Mavi, Nagarkoti, Avesh, Siraj, Nathu etc.

Instead,   it has resulted in Unadkat, Kaul, Shardul and Chahar playing for India.

The casual observer might think that India's pace-bowling bench strength is non-existing ...  while the truth is totally different.

So ... let us have a good sense of humour and laugh at ourselves hard.

We all thought it wud change under kohli but it hasnt

I  guess the problem is deep may be whole system wants bowlers with more control then x-factor when it comes to LOI and thats why we are seeing such names. 

N i dnt see it changing under new captains also . This bunch of selector or previous, shastri or kumble , dhoni or kohli all are going same way. Somewat i dnt blame them entirely with the runfeast goin on these day but by this method they arent achieving much as well in long term as these options are limited in terms of skill n the growth wud also be limited

N these players having good IPL hasnt helped either. 

The only way i see those talented ones making is either they have gr8 seasons specially IPL or they started to posses rare skills like bumrah was with yorkers. 

Joke is on us, the fast bowling fans.

We thought that IPL and A-tours would bring out the hidden and not so hidden gems like  Khaleel,  Rajpoot, Prasidh, Saini, Mavi, Nagarkoti, Avesh, Siraj, Nathu etc.

Instead,   it has resulted in Unadkat, Kaul, Shardul and Chahar playing for India.

The casual observer might think that India's pace-bowling bench strength is non-existent ...  while the truth is totally different.

So ... let us have a good sense of humour and laugh at ourselves hard.

I Am hopeful Khaleel was in A side and did well in England.Saini Was In test side against afg.

Sid Kaul is a ultra defensive bowler.. When v have Siraj Saini Mavi and so many second stream.. Why r v playing sid in India odi 11..

Sid is bowling 128to 137k is getting hit.. It's matter of time that he is hit upon for 8 runs an over... I wud Pick umesh over him as Umesh may get wickets but this guy will not fetch wickets. 

He is like Bhuvi minus swing.